Diablo III - It's official

I assumed I didn't meet the JR standards or something :) Feel free to add me back in if you like Malosar#1887. Was playing a lot with homerdog but he's in Pre-Sequel at the moment.

I haven't actually played in a few weeks as our company was acquired and I've been involved in all the technical transitions. Hopefully have time to start playing again this week.

Smart loot is based on the character who had the item drop, not who is currently identifying the item. On rare occassion you'll get an item with stats and bonuses for a different class.
Oh, okay. Thank you...

Weird tho that I got dex when identifying on a DH, I don't think I've ever seen a single leg get stats for a different class except this one. Sometimes I don't get any primary stats at all of course, but gearing my templar when playing wizard or DH is pretty much impossible in my experience. He still has gear from before "smart" loot was even a thing...

Oh, okay. Thank you...

Weird tho that I got dex when identifying on a DH, I don't think I've ever seen a single leg get stats for a different class except this one. Sometimes I don't get any primary stats at all of course, but gearing my templar when playing wizard or DH is pretty much impossible in my experience. He still has gear from before "smart" loot was even a thing...
I usually get Dex for my DH when someone sends me a gift and things like that, so I guess some stats are a "last minute thing".

I am not aware of my Templar anymore, he is a great meat shield and I gotta admit that had he been a pet he would be in pretty poor condition -fortunately, I behave well towards pets-.

He is very helpful and I managed to got some decent axes and shields for him. Plus Blacksmith training also helps. But yes, in general, my Templar is underdeveloped

And if the weapon already has a socket, go to the mystic and reroll that into something useful and then apply Ramaladni's Gift.
That's an excellent advice! Many many thanks, I improved my Natalya's Crossbow a lot because of that. I switched to an increased 7% attack speed removing the socket -stats rerolling the most were hatred per second, 10000+life per hit, vitality, but I preferred the speed-

Then I created a socket and socketed it with an emerald, as before.

I've gotten five so far since they were added, two over this past weekend after three dropping in the first month of availability. Then weeks and weeks of not seeing one.
I got one the first day the new patch came out on the Xbox One, plus I got another one the same day I got from a friend as a gift.

Then, like you, nothing ever since. :(

The Nemesis -random monster that killed someone on my friends' list, and then Blizzard give you a chance to avenge them-, who killed me so many times before, is a joke for me now.

I don't get legendaries from him anymore as I used to though. Not for you, but you always get a gift for a friend (the one killed by the Nemesis) from him.

The nemesis gets tougher and tougher after each kill, so if he is killed immediately after he is spawned, he isn't going to be that tough.

Good night last night, got my first gem of hoarding and the last Inna's piece I needed for my monk. It dropped for my WD after I spent probably 3k blood shards on Kadala trying to get it.

The gem of hoarding is crazy. I do gold farming sometimes on my Barb and combine it with a bunch of other legendaries with gold specials and it's a lot of fun. Having gold rain from the sky on massacres, masses of gold from the gem give tons of xp, armor ratings going insane all with around 3.5k gold increase means around 20mil per hour currently.

The gem of hoarding is crazy. I do gold farming sometimes on my Barb and combine it with a bunch of other legendaries with gold specials and it's a lot of fun. Having gold rain from the sky on massacres, masses of gold from the gem give tons of xp, armor ratings going insane all with around 3.5k gold increase means around 20mil per hour currently.
Talking of which, after some bad experiences because I didn't seem to find any legendaries, a Nephalem Rift guardian dropped 3 legendaries at the same time.

Well, one was a Forgotten Soul, but the other two where an armour and shoulders. Can't remember the name (Goldskin?), but one gives +100% gold from enemies and a gold on hit bonus. :)

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Goldskin_(Diablo_III)

The shoulders -much to my dismay I decided to unequip the Nemesis bracers, those that make some elites appear when you activate a shrine, plus they give extra speed- were also focused on gold finding.

So 2 legendaries from the same monster, :) and both focused on gold, I live in luxury now, it's pretty curious.

The shoulders -much to my dismay I decided to unequip the Nemesis bracers, those that make some elites appear when you activate a shrine, plus they give extra speed- were also focused on gold finding.

I just keep the bracers in my inventory and swap to them just before I click a shrine then immediately back again.

I just keep the bracers in my inventory and swap to them just before I click a shrine then immediately back again.
:) You like danger, don't you? I have the nemesis bracers in the stash but I am thinking about doing the same, in fact I got some set items and legendaries from elites activated on shrines.

What other bracers do you use apart from Nemesis?

Gotta add the page says this about Goldskin....

- One of 2 Magic Properties (varies):

• +21–30 Resistance to All Elements
  • +11–20 Resistance to All Elements
But the one I got has +95 resistance to All Elements. That's a huge difference. Why so?

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Goldskin_(Diablo_III)

The wiki lists the base stats for an item which drops at a low level. Level 70 (set/legendary) items that add resist all will add 91-100 resist.

As others have said, items scale by level.

The wiki usually lists them at minimum level and their properties for that level.

Goldskin isn't a very good legendary though, so replace it with something more useful.

I am currently running around with Scourge on my wizard. That secondary ability: 20–45% chance to explode with demonic fury when attacking, easily hits for 25 million damage :D

Depends. Goldskin with the belt Goldwrap and the gem of hoarding plus paragon points spent to increase your gold drop = uber toughness. If you can spare those slots away from armor sets, which I usually can't, you're now limited by your dmg output for the higher greater rifts.

Depends. Goldskin with the belt Goldwrap and the gem of hoarding plus paragon points spent to increase your gold drop = uber toughness. If you can spare those slots away from armor sets, which I usually can't, you're now limited by your dmg output for the higher greater rifts.

Sure, for a whole 5 seconds. The game loves damage output, not toughness.

I've played around with that combo and while it is fun to watch your toughness reach the stratosphere, it is only for a few seconds. It is down to normal by the time I hit the next elites.

:) You like danger, don't you? I have the nemesis bracers in the stash but I am thinking about doing the same, in fact I got some set items and legendaries from elites activated on shrines.

What other bracers do you use apart from Nemesis?

Yes it can be a bit dangerous when you spawn them and quickly swap back. On really tough difficulty or grifts and bad combo of affixes, it can be deadly. Of course it's a bit easier on PC with mouse movement, wouldn't try to do that on a controller.

Bracer depends on the class and build of course. On my "main" Barbarian I use Reaper's Wraps as health globes are integral into my build and they replenish my Rage a lot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Malosar-1887/hero/45836478

Thanks for the explanation, Alphawolf, John, and Pressure, now I understand why the resistances number are higher than average.

As others have said, items scale by level.

The wiki usually lists them at minimum level and their properties for that level.

Goldskin isn't a very good legendary though, so replace it with something more useful.

I am currently running around with Scourge on my wizard. That secondary ability: 20–45% chance to explode with demonic fury when attacking, easily hits for 25 million damage :D
Well, I had a Shadow's Bane amour before with 3 sockets, so nothing out of the ordinary. Now I got the Goldskin with 2 sockets and it has some nice resistance and dexterity bonuses.

Wow.... max damage for me is around 6 million, because of the Depth Diggers, some pants that also Malo does have for his Barbarian.

I thought wizards couldn't use two handed swords.

I have a Goldwrap belt somewhere in my stash too, but I don't know if it is better than what I currently have. Probably not.

If it is, then that's what I am going to use. I am always short on gold, it runs out so fast...

The nemesis gets tougher and tougher after each kill, so if he is killed immediately after he is spawned, he isn't going to be that tough.
That has been my experience with it as of late, piece of cake, my character is much stronger and after a few tips I got from reading people here and progressing, I just got better at the game, I played so so not much time ago.

Yes it can be a bit dangerous when you spawn them and quickly swap back. On really tough difficulty or grifts and bad combo of affixes, it can be deadly. Of course it's a bit easier on PC with mouse movement, wouldn't try to do that on a controller.

Bracer depends on the class and build of course. On my "main" Barbarian I use Reaper's Wraps as health globes are integral into my build and they replenish my Rage a lot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Malosar-1887/hero/45836478
On the console by pressing the nexus button you can swap items back with the game paused, I think, but it's not as fast as using a m+k combo, I don't mind fighting the mobs with the Nemesis bracers on anyways, but in Diablo 3 I am gold digger lately, it's not normal that Treasure Goblins opening up the portal to The Vault never did that again for me.

I got 12,000.000 gold in one run at The Vault.

Been studying your characters and I noticed that your Barb uses a Cindercoat. I got one but thought it was pretty crappy and there it is in my mules' stash. Don't you find yours a bit low on armour for a Barb?

I like how you chose the Depths Diggers for pants, I have those too. If I can live without the backflip from Evasive Fire -still doubtful-, I am warming up to the idea of changing my primary skill that regenerate a resource to something that does even more damage. That might need some testing with the DH. My top is 6,000.000+ damage. :p

You seem to like the Infernal Dye, I rarely use that dye thing, I think all it does is changing colours, but my female DH is pretty already.

Love that amulet -crazy critical chance- :oops: and those boots. (the effects of your boots remind me of Baal leaving the prison where Marcus dies in Diablo 2, a trail of fire behind him, pretty cool)

Your DH still has a loooooooot to go. He isn't equipped with anything but rares, save a couple of spots --which means you got going on with whatever you found in your game. I have some low level legendaries I got from friends when they sent me gifts at the beginning, and some others waiting for my future DH -in the distant future-, but yes, I can see it's not as easy to equip a low level character as it was on Diablo 2.

I mean..., your DH will do fine because rares are so much better on Diablo 3, but it is surprising you haven't found a few set or legendary items on low levels to make things easier for him with other characters.

In my case, I've found some stuff for Wizards, Barbarians, etc, with my DH, but it has been quite scarce.

Back