Diablo III - It's official

Been studying your characters and I noticed that your Barb uses a Cindercoat. I got one but thought it was pretty crappy and there it is in my mules' stash. Don't you find yours a bit low on armour for a Barb?

The armor rating on that is largely irrelevant. The fire damage bonus and the 30% reduction in fire skill costs makes it the most desired piece of armor for fire builds available.

You seem to like the Infernal Dye, I rarely use that dye thing, I think all it does is changing colours, but my female DH is pretty already.

It's the overall Fire theme look to go with the flaming sword and boots.

Love that amulet -crazy critical chance- :oops: and those boots. (the effects of your boots remind me of Baal leaving the prison where Marcus dies in Diablo 2, a trail of fire behind him, pretty cool)

The amulet is actually very frustrating because the combination of stats on it make it almost irreplacable unless I find something with the perfect combination of stats along with a nice special.

Your DH still has a loooooooot to go. He isn't equipped with anything but rares, save a couple of spots --which means you got going on with whatever you found in your game. I have some low level legendaries I got from friends when they sent me gifts at the beginning, and some others waiting for my future DH -in the distant future-, but yes, I can see it's not as easy to equip a low level character as it was on Diablo 2.

I mean..., your DH will do fine because rares are so much better on Diablo 3, but it is surprising you haven't found a few set or legendary items on low levels to make things easier for him with other characters.

My DH is my seasons character, haven't done a whole lot with him. I've found various legendaries over time but eventually you find Rares that are better. It's just the way it is until you hit max level or close to. A lvl 60 legendary might last me to 69 or 70 but will eventually be replaced by a rare if the right combination of stats/sockets is there.

I'm sure the droprate for loot is better on the consoles as well.

The armor rating on that is largely irrelevant. The fire damage bonus and the 30% reduction in fire skill costs makes it the most desired piece of armor for fire builds available.

It's the overall Fire theme look to go with the flaming sword and boots.

The amulet is actually very frustrating because the combination of stats on it make it almost irreplacable unless I find something with the perfect combination of stats along with a nice special.

My DH is my seasons character, haven't done a whole lot with him. I've found various legendaries over time but eventually you find Rares that are better. It's just the way it is until you hit max level or close to. A lvl 60 legendary might last me to 69 or 70 but will eventually be replaced by a rare if the right combination of stats/sockets is there.

I'm sure the droprate for loot is better on the consoles as well.
That quite explains things, which means that your DH is temporary, I think. I've played like you and at those levels that's what my DH used to wear, very little amount of legendaries, and superb rares.

+100% XP :smile:
+100% Gold Find :smile:

That's what it says in the Community Events -works offline too-.

Great! I need the gold -everyone does in this game- and the items the Rift Guardian dropped yesterday at the same time are these two: :oops::oops:

Goldskin (+100% Gold, Chance to get Gold on hit, 2 sockets, gave initially +400 something of Dex and added to Emeralds, so it has +747 Dex)
Custerian Wristguards (Picking up Gold grants experience, +5,5% Critical Hit Chance, 464 Dex, 473 Vitality, +32% Gold from Monsters, +20% Physical Skill Damage -thinking about Transmog that!)

I didn't mind those bonuses before, and the DH has been wearing those items for a looooong time, but I also got +71% Gold from Squirt's Necklace, Depth Diggers give +32% Gold from Monsters too....

No Gold Find added to Paragon yet, but my DH is a gold mine this Halloween. :smile:

This means I am going to play a lot tonight, which is fine, 'cos it is rainy outside too.

Why do you all need gold?

A few trips to the Greed Realm on high Torment and you are set. I got in excess of 120 million gold pieces and nothing to use them for :p

Nice bracer, slap it on when going to the greed realm heh.

Gems and alts drain a LOT of gold, I'm constantly down to a couple of mil just from gem creation.

A few trips? I've had a total of one portal to the greed realm since they were released.

Same here, got my first just the other night. Though in fairness I'd acquired a huge mound of rift coins and haven't had to run bounties for months. And they never appear in a Rift, so. . . .

But I made over 20m gold from that one run and got the gem. I think I'm sitting on like 150m gold right now, would be higher but I just combined up gems to give my much-neglected WD 280s for five slots, which cost me over 30m.

Why do you all need gold?

A few trips to the Greed Realm on high Torment and you are set. I got in excess of 120 million gold pieces and nothing to use them for :p

Nice bracer, slap it on when going to the greed realm heh.
Were it so easy. Like Malo, I only had a trip to The Vault ever since the new patch has been released.

I got to Whimsydale, The Vault, found a Rainbow Treasure Goblin, two of those Ramadishi -or whatever they are called- items, a legendary gem, a Ring of Royal Grandeur..., all in the same day after the patch was released.

Nothing ever since afterwards, except for another RoRG and a few extra visits to Whimsydale (bounties seem to be very productive at that).

On another note, how does multiplayer work exactly? I played my first Coop game yesterday, and it was SOOOOOOO fun.

I wanted to pick basically everything up for me, but I tried to control that and not being too greedy.

Still..., it was odd, the other player ran over money but he couldn't pick it up, but I did.

Then, after defeating a Rift boss he was there picking up something but the items didn't disappear? :?:

Had lots of fun. I did the Nemesis bracers trick -it takes about a second on a controller, I thought it'd be a lot slower- on shrines, and my teammate got really surprised several times. I kept it to myself but had a good laugh.

A Nemesis killed me this time though after a looooong time undefeated. :rolleyes: It was so difficult, not the Nemesis itself, but there were hundreds of enemies on screen at once, I dunno what gathered them. I got killed and there went the Nemesis :(. Poor fella the next who has to confront him.

Were it so easy. Like Malo, I only had a trip to The Vault ever since the new patch has been released.

I got to Whimsydale, The Vault, found a Rainbow Treasure Goblin, two of those Ramadishi -or whatever they are called- items, a legendary gem, a Ring of Royal Grandeur..., all in the same day after the patch was released.

Nothing ever since afterwards, except for another RoRG and a few extra visits to Whimsydale (bounties seem to be very productive at that).

On another note, how does multiplayer work exactly? I played my first Coop game yesterday, and it was SOOOOOOO fun.

I wanted to pick basically everything up for me, but I tried to control that and not being too greedy.

Still..., it was odd, the other player ran over money but he couldn't pick it up, but I did.

Then, after defeating a Rift boss he was there picking up something but the items didn't disappear? :?:

Had lots of fun. I did the Nemesis bracers trick -it takes about a second on a controller, I thought it'd be a lot slower- on shrines, and my teammate got really surprised several times. I kept it to myself but had a good laugh.

A Nemesis killed me this time though after a looooong time undefeated. :rolleyes: It was so difficult, not the Nemesis itself, but there were hundreds of enemies on screen at once, I dunno what gathered them. I got killed and there went the Nemesis :(. Poor fella the next who has to confront him.

Drops are unique for every individual. Others cannot see what drops for you and vice versa :)

Unlike how it were in Diablo I/II where everyone raced to pickup items and golds on a first come, first serve basis.

Drops are unique for every individual. Others cannot see what drops for you and vice versa :)

Unlike how it were in Diablo I/II where everyone raced to pickup items and golds on a first come, first serve basis.
Thanks for the explanation! Now I feel better, there were times I felt like an item hog, but lots of them looked so appealing...

If you get a legendary on a coop game and you don't identify it, will it adapt to your friend's character when he/she identifies the item?

Additionally, I don't feel I need the Templar that much anymore as a meatshield and switched to a ranger character, my Sorceress. :smile: Luckily I found a legendary which is great 'cos she can't die.

I chose her abilities and one of them is awesome! She transformed a Nemesis (killer of "nick of a friend") into a chicken:LOL:for several seconds. Yup, the Nemesis! -it was surprising-

My DH survived the confrontation -at some point the HPs were very low though- and the Nemesis dropped a gift for the friend who played coop with me last night, so that makes it better.

No good items for me, but I got used to this Nemesis thing not to drop much of value anymore :cry: -except legendary gifts for friends-.., compared to when my DH was at lower levels he usually dropped a legendary/set item every time.

Today, at level 112 Paragon I definitely switched to Torment II, :smile: no going back anymore, it's doable now --my health suffers a little bit too much at times, but it's not as before. (my DH is at 803K attack now)

My previously ignored WD has over the last two weeks become a killing machine: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mjolnir-1981/hero/12495577

Soooo much fun to play. Those pets scythe through enemies like butter while I run around in circles boosting my dmg (see the pants) dropping the occasional piranha wave or locust swarm.
Well, I think I will probably try a Wizard first and a WD in the future, they look like the two classes that are more appealing to my style, but the DH is first in my list, still...

....I like that Overlord thing going on with the WD. And the magic of the elements with the wizard.

My previously ignored WD has over the last two weeks become a killing machine:
I made a WD yesterday, as a ladder char, to get the bonuses while they're still available. It's a pretty cool class (I like pets!), fun to play and rather safe too. Not come close to dying really so far, when I was like level 2 I found a basement with a pack of elites putting green poison all over the floor. I actually had to drink a pot to get them down...

After a couple hours of witchdoctoring I found myself at Leoric's manor...at level 34. :oops:

...And leveling speed certainly does not seem to be tapering off either. Not yet anyway. I'll probably be like 36 before hitting act II, sheesh. Lol. :) Leveling before the expansion felt rather sluggish at times I must say, but maybe this is a bit too fast, I dunno. Also, I still feel the mob density is too low in single player mode in most areas. There shouldn't be a need to run several screens between enemies...

Still, it's rather fun. I'll probably get some paragon levels with this char since I believe early paragon levels are faster gained than later on, yes? They'll add back to my main char's levels once this ladder season is over I believe.

Got two more Ramaladni Gifts over the weekend. That's 3 in the last week.
You are a lucky boy. I used one of the two I had, but found none ever since.

I've finally found Danetta's Spite, but the thing is that it is of no use until I find Danetta's Hatred. When I have both crossbows, the Vault bonus is going to be very useful.

But this also made me discover that the RoRG bonus doesn't work when used with single items of a Set made of two items. I was so happy to find the Danetta's and then I realised that it didn't make any difference, 'cos it is a 2 items Set.

I've finally found Danetta's Spite, but the thing is that it is of no use until I find Danetta's Hatred.
I've got one of the Danetta's on my DH, but I haven't found a single hand crossbow that gives higher DPS when equipped than the leggy quiver (whatever its name) I'm using. It's really weird - and annoying.

Surely two actual weapons should be superior to just one weap plus quiver.

When I have both crossbows, the Vault bonus is going to be very useful.
If you ever end up in a vault again. That's SO not easy to arrange, heh. (Well, impossible really...)

But this also made me discover that the RoRG bonus doesn't work when used with single items of a Set made of two items.
Well, it says so right on the ring. Minimum two items of a set required. :)

In other news, new-made WD killed Maghda at level 43. At this rate I'll have hit 70 long before even killing Diablo, much less Mally...

I've got one of the Danetta's on my DH, but I haven't found a single hand crossbow that gives higher DPS when equipped than the leggy quiver (whatever its name) I'm using. It's really weird - and annoying.

Surely two actual weapons should be superior to just one weap plus quiver.

If you ever end up in a vault again. That's SO not easy to arrange, heh. (Well, impossible really...)

Well, it says so right on the ring. Minimum two items of a set required. :)

In other news, new-made WD killed Maghda at level 43. At this rate I'll have hit 70 long before even killing Diablo, much less Mally...
:smile: You remind me of my first game, like you with your WD I had a similar level when I got to Maghda. I got to level 70 before completing the game, and even so I had some serious trouble in act V, before the final confrontation. I discovered every single nook and cranny on every single map, so I played the story mode thoroughly.

Quivers confuse me too. They are better than any secondary hand crossbow I place in my DH left hand. In fact my damage goes from 838K with a quiver to 650K with Natalya's (main weapon) and Dabetta's (secondary) so I use the quiver.

But quivers have important bonuses, like +15-20% Increased Attack Speed, and Critical Hit Chance. -mine got 20% IAS, +9,5% Critical Hit Chance.

I found another Natalya's hand crossbow (from Kadala, no less) with a socket, switched the socket to something else via Myriam and socketed it again with Ramalidi's Gift -or whatever it's spelled-. When I was about to equip it a message appeared that I can't use two Natalya's hand crossbows, same limitation with using two RRoG rings... I recalled that and... oh well. Stupid me.

No more Ramalidi's Gift left for now. Haven't seen The Vault in a few days, no more RoRG... still I have good equipment.

Might be referring to the skill Vault.
Yup, thanks for clearing that up.

Back