Super Bowl: Giants vs Patriots

Probably the best game (tension and play wise) in recent SB history. Very exciting.

Wow, so interesting to see many anti-Patriots fans. I don't care for either team (not a big NFL guy) but the Pats certainly aren't much loved around here.

Wow, so interesting to see many anti-Patriots fans. I don't care for either team (not a big NFL guy) but the Pats certainly aren't much loved around here.

They're not much-loved anywhere outside of New England. All the bandwagon fans have dropped like flies, and the real fans are laying low because it probably huts too bad.

Great karmic loss for the Patriots. Fantastic last quarter of the game, the Giants comeback last-2mins possession was thrilling, especially the Eli-sack-escape then throw to Tyree.

Great karmic loss for the Patriots. Fantastic last quarter of the game, the Giants comeback last-2mins possession was thrilling, especially the Eli-sack-escape then throw to Tyree.

And the catch. Every bit as exciting as the escape and throw. A catch for the ages. After it happened I said "The giants have to win so that this will go in the highlight reel instead of the dung heap of history."

That play was shocking. I thought it was over as soon as the pocket collapsed and while I wanted the Pats to win (mainly to shut up Miami fans from the early 70s, mainly my father), I couldn't help but feel that it was just simply meant to be. From the quick thinking and great foot work of Eli to the outstanding catch by Tyree. To jump up that high, fight for the ball mid air, and come down and not drop it... flat out amazing.

Seriously, great all around Super Bowl. Commercials were good (not that great, but good), awesome half time show, and one of the best and most intense games of all time. Very happy.

Oh yeah, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers f-ing ROCKED at half-time. That's what I tuned in for and I stuck around for the second half of the game. (My wife is a Tom Petty freak. :) )

No lip-syncing, no "costume malfunction" BS; just solid rock. How it should be. :)

I thought Petty was a bit 'out of it', maybe nervous, or maybe a little too high, or something. He seemed timid, and slightly too slow.

Best half-time show that I can remember - no shuffling artists, no "wardrobe malfunctions" etc.
Just one artist and four songs...I've seen Petty better, but he was good for an old fart.

I thought Petty was a bit 'out of it', maybe nervous, or maybe a little too high, or something. He seemed timid, and slightly too slow.

Yeah hes just old. But I was happy with it. I don't like the medley crap the media seemed to be into for awhile.

As a life-long Giants fan...I still haevn't come down off the high yet. This was one of the most improbable play-off runs in NFL history...going through Dalls (romo) and the Packers (Favre) and the Pats (Brady)...all on the road....all of whom beat us up during the regular season.

Every play-off win was somehow more improbable than the last. Just remarkable.

The game itself was well officiated (only one real blown call that I could see), the Giants played smash-mouth...it had "the play" for the ages...what could anyone else want?

I was actually rooting for Romo and the Cowboys but as long as the Pats don't win, I call it a good superbowl :D

Back