Super Bowl: Giants vs Patriots

Final prediction: Patriots win 38 to the Giant's 24. It's tight till the last 5 minutes of the forth quarter.

Predictions anyone? Im hoping that the Patriots are beat. I hate cheats. :devilish:

I hope the pats win so I can laugh at the people that bitch about their cheating (Not that they did anything which actually had any bearing on a game this year). I also want the pats to win so I never have to hear about the '72 dolphins again, and Mercury Morris can fade into obscurity as he should have done 25 years ago. :)

I do expect the Pats to win and cover the spread. I'll go with 38-20.

Sadly they both can't lose as I really don't like either team.

I hope the pats win so I can laugh at the people that bitch about their cheating (Not that they did anything which actually had any bearing on a game this year). I also want the pats to win so I never have to hear about the '72 dolphins again, and Mercury Morris can fade into obscurity as he should have done 25 years ago. :)

I do expect the Pats to win and cover the spread. I'll go with 38-20.

Sadly they both can't lose as I really don't like either team.
There are plans for a congressional hearing on this.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=ayQrOXbbRflE&refer=home
Seems like this cheating business goes a lot deeper.

That's about a game years ago now, not this year. Not the year they're likely to go undefeated and go down as the greatest in American Football history.

Please wake me up when Superbowl is over. I'm from Europe, don't really understand what's all the fuss about with this game. 3 hours of commercials with some people trying get to some physical excercise in between. Ball moves 5 yards... oops.. time out, games moves 10 yards, ok, time for commercial. Brr...

Please wake me up when Superbowl is over. I'm from Europe, don't really understand what's all the fuss about with this game. 3 hours of commercials with some people trying get to some physical excercise in between. Ball moves 5 yards... oops.. time out, games moves 10 yards, ok, time for commercial. Brr...

If you don't enjoy the NFL, perhaps you shouldn't read and post in a thread about it. Perhaps others will do the same and not go into soccer threads and post how awful and boring it is.

I caught part of the first quarter on BBC2 just before the Patriots scored that touchdown and went 7-3 up. As a rugger guy I still find the whole forward pass dynamic and NFL set-pieces a bit hard to get to grips with, but can appreciate that it must be pretty intense for players and enjoyable for the fans when two top teams compete at this level. Hope the best team on the day wins!

I guess this makes up for sitting through all their baffling home losses. ;)

I don't generally watch NFL, but I watched the last year Super Bowl, that one was boring I almost skipped this one though I am glad I didn't. When I heard about the Patriot unbeaten run thing, I thought it would be historic and a reason to watch. Plus they were playing the Giants, the team I normally picked when I played those NFL console games since forever.

Through out the match I was going for the Giants to win. After Patriots second TD I thought they were goners. But what a brilliant comeback. And considering what was at stake that just got to hurt.

It was very rewarding to see the Pats lose.

From Brady snubbing Manning before the game to Belicheck going to the locker room before it finished. The illegal spying. No team that I have watched has ever been better at cheating. Throughout the season every snap someone was holding, but they were actually smart enough to do it mostly where the ref could not see it and let go before the jersey stretched a foot and made it obvious.

The calls that they are the greatest dynasty when they can only manage to win the super bowl by 3 points in games that all could have gone either way. Looks like this time they managed to be on the other end of those three points in a game that could have gone either way.

It is good to see just because they do not compare to dynasties of the past. However the league has changed now and the Patriots have definitely been one of the best teams since the restructuring efforts to make teams more even in skill.

What was more rewarding than seeing the Pats lose was seeing Tom Brady get hit like 15 times. Because I hate that guy.

It's a bad day to be a New Englander :(

I will say I am sorry for any true fans the patriots had who will be sad they missed out on the perfect season, but I am not sorry for the loads of fair weather fans who only like them because they have won 3 super bowls recently by 3 points :p

Back