Rumor: Peter Moore to leave MS for EA

From Joystiq ;
What an interesting situation when Moore and Tretton play the next Madden for the first time. Wonder if they'll quibble about which system it plays better on ?
Haha , I really wonder it ... :D

Interesting...wonder what kinda of feel/image the new face of X360 will bring now that Peter is gone.....

X360

J Allard = to be hip

Peter Moore = to be refined yet edgeing

Don Matrick = ?

I was wondering that. Peter did put forth the human face of the 360. It'll be interesting to see if Mattrick will fill that same role, or move more to the background for the business and strategic side, pushing someone else closer to the limelight.

If Mattrick doesn't fill the "public face" role then I wonder if Major Nelson will move more to the front.

If Don helped EA become the empire it is today, then surely MS is happy to have him at the helm. My the end of the year we should see a change in philosophy and direction, if any. They have the rest of 2007 figured out rather well.

Thanks Mr. Moore for sticking it to Sony and Nintendo. :)
We appreciate the competition and spirit.

We will see you around.

Hell, I'm just impressed by the tattoos. I'm sure there were some long discussions into the night about those...

"Oh for goodness sake, Peter! I don't want to have to SEE your job every time we have sex!"

:oops:

But the guy certainly had style. Hope he does well.

Hell, I'm just impressed by the tattoos. I'm sure there were some long discussions into the night about those...

"Oh for goodness sake, Peter! I don't want to have to SEE your job every time we have sex!"

:oops:

But the guy certainly had style. Hope he does well.

They were temporary tattoos LOL...

Aww, i'll miss ya Petey :cry: (yeah, I was quite the PM fanboy :p )

I know Don Mattrick is the new replacement, but im hoping to see more Shane Kim coz that guy is awesome :LOL:

I wonder if this is why he was pimping Madden and Rock Band so hard at E3 this year. And practically let an EA game COD4 upstage Halo3.

...Robbie Bach said Mattrick will obviously be the new "public face" of their business, though his core talents are different from Moore's. Where Moore was focused on the marketing and strategy side, Mattrick will be focused more on their core product. So, while there was some overlap between Peter and Robbie, Bach feels that he and Don will work in slightly different ways...
[ http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/17/robbie-bach-and-don-mattrick-talk-to-joystiq-about-peter-moores/ ] ...

He didn't die people...

Honestly, he came off as a major supporter of the business side of things more than for the actual consumer a number of times to me. Maybe he was pushed around behind scenes but in the end I can't say I really care that he is gone from Microsoft. He's just one more person who built up various "ideas" and never delivered (Live Anywhere, Games for Windows, both are nothing and look to be nothing).

That's ok. Sony is still trying to get a friends list working like Xbox had in 2002.

You can count me one of those guys who like Peter Moore. He did a good job with the Dreamcast launch in NA and I felt that he built the X360 into a pretty solid brand. Every Japanese publisher is now making games for X360. Sure Final Fantasy and MGS are still Sony exclusive, but those are the only third party exclusives Sony has left really. That's an impressive achievement for a console with sub 3000 per week sales in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's ok. Sony is still trying to get a friends list working like Xbox had in 2002.

You can count me one of those guys who like Peter Moore. He did a good job with the Dreamcast launch in NA and I felt that he built the X360 into a pretty solid brand. Every Japanese publisher is now making games for X360. Sure Final Fantasy and MGS are still Sony exclusive, but those are the only third party exclusives Sony has left really. That's an impressive achievement for a console with sub 3000 per week sales in Japan.

He did ackomplish alot..

I must say he's definitely a very talented individual who know's how to work his industry (to get it to work for him ;) ) but if there's one thing I wont miss and thats his mouth..

I couldn't watch or read any press conferences or articles where he talked because he just smoked of arrogance.. I really disliked alot of the comments he made regarding the Xbox360 reliability issues and the way he publicly tried to spin every positive press report regarding MS's competition into something that was either irrelevant, didn't take away from MSs offering or just plain negative.. I guess it's all for the stock holders but after a while it did kinda get too much..

I'm glad at least now we'll be seeing some of his fire brewing up on a different battlefield (PE8 vs Fifa, NHL vs 2K's hockey game etc..)

The only problem is figuring out how verbal the new guy is going to be..

In anycase I wish him and his family well and I hope they settle into their new life well..;)

[pours out some liquor for moore..]

I couldn't watch or read any press conferences or articles where he talked because he just smoked of arrogance..

Are we talking about the same person (or company for that matter)? He's more of a gentleman than most other execs IMHO.

I like him, he is one of those rare executives in this industry capable of bearing an aesthetic and intellectual resemblance to a good person. He looks like a brilliant workaholic, a real professional, and an honest and humble individual. He is also very articulate, not to mention interesting and educated.

+1

Sony's battery division?

Not before they fire Ken. :p

Anyways, I think he did a lot for the box / industry so far and how can one not like the Dreamcast guy? Or am I getting old? ;)

Back