PSP P in september

I gotta say, other than Alucard and Dracula, the voice actors for the original version were very bad. It doesn't help there's a very audible echoing in the dubs as well.

I hope they keep the sounds Alucard makes in the middle of the game. Damn, he sounded good there.

as for the extra ram... I imagine it'll be like the X360 HD: you can use it, but it's gotta work without it as well.

actually thinking about it, alucard and dracula were the only ones that did a great job, but i couldn't do a great job, everyone did a better job than i could.

death sucked at times, and richter did sound like a dumbass with the echo.

if the memstick is used to help the umd load, then it will need a huge amount since it's only flash ram and not sram.

unless they're the same thing, but i always thought sram was as fast as you could get and was what let the gc get by with a smaller amount.

i think they're different b/c for example the ps1 (and ps2) used flash mem cards, and loaded slow while the saturn's internal save and backup save cart used sram and the saved game loaded instantly.

The kind of flash memory in the PSP is rather fast. Not only is it really fast compared to UMD, which is the important thing here, but you can even use it in Vista to optimise startup times. That should give you an idea that for some things, this kind of flash is faster than a modern HDD. And a modern HDD is also used to cache stuff from DVD/BluRay, so you can see how that works out, UMD as far as I know being slower than most DVD/BluRay players.

And of course a lot of people have illegally put UMD games onto their memory sticks already, precisely because it improves load-times. Some of the free demos you can play, like Race Driver 3, also give a pretty good impression of how the Memory Stick is a lot faster than the UMD drive.

In the style of Castlevania games, I thought that Gods absolutely rocked (if that is enough in the same style). I loved Gods (played the Atari ST version but it was available on several platforms including SNES), together with Pandemonium probably the only two platformers so far I actually finished.

I really hope they improve the screen. If not I'll continue to overlook the system. I tried playing GTA on my nephews PSP the other day and gave up within 10 minutes because of the screen (partly because of the controls but mostly the screen).

I was disappointed to read that's stayed the same. It looks great, but is too slow IMO. Video's get blurred out - dark ones are impossible to make out. A faster screen is a must for gaming.

i would imagine it having something to do with the lcd type it is.

i would guess the ds lite uses a tn, and although it's fast, i'd much rather have a pva with ghosting.

to me, it's always seemed like the psp uses a pva, but i could be wrong.

I was disappointed to read that's stayed the same. It looks great, but is too slow IMO. Video's get blurred out - dark ones are impossible to make out. A faster screen is a must for gaming.

I get the feeling that some model numbers are more affected than others. Certainly my first model had much less ghosting than a friend's later model, and then my model after that also had less ghosting. In fact, comparing those two I can't really find any differences, but the differences were very clear with my friend's model. I'll ask him his model number.

I've found that the PSP screen can be quite poor when it's cold, but gets better as it warms up, where concerns response/image ghosting at least.

'One' posted a link to show some new GT screens and it looks like there has been a PSP TV tuner announced:-

PS-PSP-1SEG.jpg

http://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/200707/17/18847.html

I'm actually tempted to buy one of these this fall, mostly for air flights, long trips in the family van, or long bathroom sessions (damn colitis).

Back