Grand Theft Auto VI [GTA 6]: What can we expect?

I wonder how performance will be for current gen consoles. Probably will add some performance RT mode at some point (unless featured at launch).
And with the rumored PS5 pro can't wait to see what it' ll look and play like with some updated console/PC hardware in 2025 and how scalable the game will be for current GPU CPU...
And we don't even know anything about an updated GTA online featured in VI ?
probably gonna be some times before we get another trailer. and E3 is dead. Unless we 'll have something this easter and summer.

Comparison shot real life / GTAVI
I don't think it's a certainty the console versions will use RT. I also think it's fairly likely there won't be a 60 fps option. No idea what the situation will be on refresh consoles.

Last edited:
There's a sizeable portion of the gaming community that have been upset recently at the fact that not every female character in video games is designed specifically for them to want to pork. And no, it's not all just 15 year old boys upset about this, but actual grown men. There's entire long videos on Youtube covering this 'outrage'.
Please share, I like cringe.

On the leaked alpha video, menu were showing a performance mode. I doubt of RT mode.
Were these the same shots where you could see it was running on a 2080ti? I only raise the question because it would have a little more RT capability than current consoles. Maybe the pro consoles can expect to be about 2080ti levels in RT?

On the leaked alpha video, menu were showing a performance mode. I doubt of RT mode.

A "performance mode" in the development tools could very well be a debug feature only. Its not uncomon.

Also, things like "RT mode" are a thing od cross-gen and remastered games. Next-gen only games will be design around a visual/performance target and be optimised to hit that. This game has some RT effects, and I bet the content and gameplay will rely on those. If there is a "performance mode" it will simply reduce resolution and precision of certain rendering features, but I dont expect it to completely turn off essential visual features. I also dont expect a 60fps mode. Not on this gen at least (perhaps mid-gen ones, if they do materialize)

The Grand Theft Auto 6 trailer has been live for a little over one day and as expected, it has taken over the internet. Within one day, the new trailer reached the lifetime views of the original GTA V reveal, amassing over 104 million views on YouTube alone.

This is just one stat, the trailer has also been viewed millions of other times via re-uploads and shares on social networks like Twitter. To make matters more impressive, Guinness World Records has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto 6 already holds three world records.

I don't think it's a certainty the console versions will use RT. I also think it's fairly likely there won't be a 60 fps option. No idea what the situation will be on refresh consoles.

Base consoles will definitely use HW RT with exception of Series S. I doubt the little guy is up to the task memory wise. Like NX Gamer mentioned, history tells us the trailer was probably captured on PS5. 1440p30 with RTGI and RT/SSR Reflection mix. I'm guessing PS5 Pro will likely come in at 4080 level and run the game at either 8k30 with better or more RT features or base PS5 fidelity mode at 60fps.

Base consoles will definitely use HW RT with exception of Series S. I doubt the little guy is up to the task memory wise. Like NX Gamer mentioned, history tells us the trailer was probably captured on PS5. 1440p30 with RTGI and RT/SSR Reflection mix. I'm guessing PS5 Pro will likely come in at 4080 level and run the game at either 8k30 with better or more RT features or base PS5 fidelity mode at 60fps.
lol 8K30 with RT on a PS5 Pro... ok bud, sure thing!

I think we will be lucky if it comes in at 4060 levels. I think the ps5 pro will just be a faster zen 2 and raster rdna 2 imo

While it’s certainly possible you end up being right WRT PS5 game settings, the PS5 Pro will absolutely not be 4080 level. That’s pure fantasy.

lol 8K30 with RT on a PS5 Pro... ok bud, sure thing!

Insider Gaming aka Tom Henderson already confirms 60 CU PS5 Pro with more accelerated ray tracing and "8k performance mode". We can take his word to the bank considering he's been 100% accurate with Sony leaks. Kepler speculates RDNA 3.5 with RDNA 4 RT technology. RDNA 3 already has circa 50% uplift in RT performance. If RDNA 4 RT has another 50%, that gets you a 4k30 RT game on base PS5 to >4k60 with same quality RT. It will probably even be more.

I think we will be lucky if it comes in at 4060 levels. I think the ps5 pro will just be a faster zen 2 and raster rdna 2 imo

PS5 already competes and surpasses 4060. And you are seriously out of the loop if you think PS5 Pro is RDNA 2

While it’s certainly possible you end up being right WRT PS5 game settings, the PS5 Pro will absolutely not be 4080 level. That’s pure fantasy.

It likely will when you keep in mind console optimization. 40 series will be old by then. These comments will be a real hoot to come back to next year.

That would need like 8x more raster. We expect about 2x more raster. Besides the vast majority wouldn't care about 8K... without 8K TVs. That would be pointless. Currently games with limited RT are 1080p-1440p on consoles, so please don't aim for crazy goals.

About GTA6 NXGamer talked about GI (similar to RDR2?), but I don't think there is RTGI. On the other hand there seems to have a mix of raster and RT shadows. Not surprising as there is already RT shadows in GTA5 on consoles (and at 60fps too).

That would need like 8x more raster. We expect about 2x more raster. Besides the vast majority wouldn't care about 8K... without 8K TVs. That would be pointless. Currently games with limited RT are 1080p-1440p on consoles, so please don't aim for crazy goals.

4k to 8k doesn't need 8x raster bump it's 4x pixels. When you have near 2x CUs, 15-20% GPU clock bump and RDNA3 dual issue compute finally kicking on all cylinders that can get you to 8k. Like Insider Gaming reporting is as good as gold. I saw someone in Neo Gaf said that it can be used for brute force super sample anti-aliasing just like the PS4 Pro was used on 1080p displays. It's not such a bad idea. It is probably a better path than any other form of upsampling if DLSS isn't an option for the pro.

Back