AMD Execution Thread [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The legend returns! Battle(non)sense

Wait, he thinks developer support is the easier way? I cannot imagine how, especially if you don't dominate the market share. Even Reflex support is limited.
Also, I would like to have the lag-reducing feature control globally via a single switch, without checking game menus. I really hope the "hack" way will prevail.

Wait, he thinks developer support is the easier way? I cannot imagine how, especially if you don't dominate the market share. Even Reflex support is limited.
Also, I would like to have the lag-reducing feature control globally via a single switch, without checking game menus. I really hope the "hack" way will prevail.
I think it's far more likely to have developers integrate it into their games than AMD investing resources to do it for them.

AMD high end consumer/professional/AI GPUs are getting banned in China as well.
AMD's Radeon & Instinct GPUs including the RX 7900 XTX, 7900 XT, PRO W7900 & the upcoming MI300 are now prohibited from sales in China according to a sales advisory guide that's allegedly been rolled out by Dell.

the fact is that the card is listed with half-precision metrics that are even higher than the RTX 4090 at 122.8 TF vs 82.58 TF so that's one easy way for US authorities setting these import/export restrictions to rate the TPP performance

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-nex...-up-to-64-venice-zen6-cores-pcie-gen6-support

AMD Next-Gen EPYC-E to feature up to 64 “Venice” Zen6 cores, PCIe Gen6 support​

AMD-EPYC-E-VENICE-ZEN6-DIAGRAM.jpg

How does it stack up against nVidia? That's the big question.
According to AMD, it's basically on par with H100. Which probably means it actually isn't. Also, NVIDIA has H200 now, which is even faster.

AMD-Instinct-MI300-_-MI300X-Launch-_7.png

AMD showed that MI300X does win significantly against H100 in select cases, when the H100 runs out of memory, as H100 has 80GB, while the MI300X has double that: 192GB. However, H200 has 140GB, which means it fixes these cases.

MI300 is much more expensive and much more complicated to make than H100, MI300X is more power hungry too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back