Do you think there will be a mid gen refresh console from Sony and Microsoft?

Yeah a very rough price up just got me to $900 for an R7 5600 / 3060Ti / 16GB DDR4 / 1 TB NVMe with all the supporting components including a control pad an new copy of Windows. 2K would get you a very high end PC in the current market.
What cpu, psu & motherboard did you factor in? As even motherboards don't seem to be particularly cheap nowadays.
(not saying I think your figures are incorrect, just curious what sort of system you would end up with)

Looking at the arc thread, people seem to say that 3060 class cards are condidered the lower end.

Last edited:
A mid range gaming PC will cost you 2k these days.. a lot of people don't bat an eye at 1k phones either so I don't think there is a lack of people that are willing to spend more.

My PC (All parts new)

i3 12110f + Motherboard + 16GB RAM bundle = £300
ASUS 3060ti = £400
1TB NVME Gen 4 = £80
Power supply + case = £100
Keyboard and mouse set = £30

Total cost £910

My PC is 20% faster than both consoles in raster work loads (on average) and flat out wrecks them both with ray tracing enabled.

PC is better value than console gaming, I'm getting double the ray tracing performance without spending double the cost.

My PC (All parts new)

ASUS 3060ti = £400
1TB NVME Gen 4 = £80

Total cost £910

My PC is 20% faster than both consoles in raster work loads (on average) and flat out wrecks them both with ray tracing enabled.

PC is better value than console gaming, I'm getting double the ray tracing performance without spending double the cost.
Depands to what you compare, no disc ps5 price is still 400$ in USA, more than 2x price for 20% more perf is not best value

What cpu, psu & motherboard did you factor in? As even motherboards don't seem to be particularly cheap nowadays.
(not saying I think your figures are incorrect, just curious what sort of system you would end up with)

Looking at the arc thread, people seem to say that 3060 class cards are condidered the lower end.

The CPU is the R7 5600. I allocated $70 for the AM4 mobo which allowed plenty of options on Newegg, and another $100 for the case and PSU which should be plenty for a mid range machine.

The 3060Ti is pretty solidy mid range at this point. A little faster than a 2080 Super and thus faster than both consoles and capable of running any game out there at reasonable settings.

The CPU is the R7 5600. I allocated $70 for the AM4 mobo which allowed plenty of options on Newegg, and another $100 for the case and PSU which should be plenty for a mid range machine.

The 3060Ti is pretty solidy mid range at this point. A little faster than a 2080 Super and thus faster than both consoles and capable of running any game out there at reasonable settings.
Thanks, was just curious.

But time for me to bail on this thread for now as console vs pc is a well covered topic that never ends well.
$1k pc 'better value' over twice performance less than twice the cost
$500 console 'better value' because you can't build a same spec'd pc at that cost.

My PC (All parts new)

ASUS 3060ti = £400
1TB NVME Gen 4 = £80

Total cost £910

Nice system, great value aswell. Not only is it more capable, you can do more with it and upgrade if needed/wanted.

Depands to what you compare, no disc ps5 price is still 400$ in USA, more than 2x price for 20% more perf is not best value

Then your in luck, as usual in EU were paying more.... Discless aint available at all so were stuck with a 660euro (6700kr) PS5, then you have to factor in more expensive games, pay for online etc. Cant upgrade it either, if theres a mid-gen i'd have to replace the whole system. They should start with trade-ins perhaps, like Samsung does with their phones.

$1k pc 'better value' over twice performance less than twice the cost
$500 console 'better value' because you can't build a same spec'd pc at that cost.

They indeed both have their values, its just to choose your poison ;)

In raster yes, but we've entered a ray tracing world and consoles offer quite poor performance per dollar compared to PC in that regard.

Even then would probably be better than your setup per dolar

My 3060ti easily pushes double above the consoles.

Dying Light 2 on consoles is native 1080p/30 with only RT sun shadows.

I can run the game at native 1440p/30 with every ray traced setting enabled and 50 to 60fps with DLSS quality on (60fps easily when indoors)

My 3060ti easily pushes double above the consoles.

Dying Light 2 on consoles is native 1080p/30 with only RT sun shadows.

I can run the game at native 1440p/30 with every ray traced setting enabled and 50 to 60fps with DLSS quality on (60fps easily when indoors)
Nah, you compare capped vsync with uncapped, your 3060ti with i3 is not doubled current gen even with rt:d edit try in spiderman do you have double frame vs ps5 ;)

Last edited:
Nah, you compare capped vsync with uncapped, your 3060ti with i3 is not doubled current gen even with rt:d edit try in spiderman do you have double frame vs ps5 ;)

I have a locked 60fps in Spiderman with ray tracing that's well above what PS5 offers, 3060ti is easy 2x RT compared to consoles and the harder the RT the further the 3060ti pulls away.

I have a locked 60fps in Spiderman with ray tracing that's well above what PS5 offers, 3060ti is easy 2x RT compared to consoles and the harder the RT the further the 3060ti pulls away.
Hehe dont be upset but I warched df analysis and dont belive you ;) this game is flying on uncapped modes on ps5

Hehe dont be upset but I warched df analysis and dont belive you ;) this game is flying on uncapped modes on ps5

You should watch the PC analysis and see how much better RT is on PC, the latest update has really cleared the performance up too so now it's even better.

With the poor quality ray tracing PS5 has in Spiderman getting better performance on a PC at the same settings really isn't difficult. And this i3 in terms of pure gaming destroys the Zen 2 CPU's.
There is some really conflicting experience coming from Spider-man. Many are saying it's really struggling to hit a consistent 60. I know this is PC and just the way it is, but YMMV.

There is some really conflicting experience coming from Spider-man. Many are saying it's really struggling to hit a consistent 60. I know this is PC and just the way it is, but YMMV.

It's a pretty well understood situation at this point. At PS5 performance mode matched settings, you need a powerful CPU to hit a consistent 60fps+ experience at all times. Seemingly you will need an Alderlake or Zen 3. Anything less might drop frames in the games more taxing areas.

On the GPU front the situation seems to be pretty much as expected. GPU's in 2070-2080 range will perform similar or better than the PS5 with one caveat. The game could be vram limited on the PC due to a bug with vram allocation. That meant 8GB cards could run into issues at very high texture settings. The bug has reportedly been fixed now so that may no longer be a factor. A 3060Ti being faster than a 2080 Super would have no problem outperforming the PS5 assuming the vram issue is no longer in play.

A 3060Ti being faster than a 2080 Super would have no problem outperforming the PS5 assuming the vram issue is no longer in play.

I can confirm VRAM issue has been fixed, especially as I moved to a 1440p monitor yesterday and no issues.

Coupled with a move to Alderlake and I'm now max RT and locked 60fps at a native 1440p with my CPU staying in the 70-80fps range if I disable v-sync.

PS5 at lower RT settings drops to 1080p in it's 60fps performance mode.

A 3060ti with RT is actually closer to a 2080ti than a 2080 Super.

Leagues apart from PS5.

Its somewhat 'off' that this game is so CPU heavy, sure optimizations could be done there. Yes i know its a port, but still.

Back