Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

From aj/parole podcast there won't be backward compatibility support tough few psvr games will get psvr2 support (like no man's sky)

That sucks. So we’ll need a separate PSVR1 setup to play most PSVR1 games. Hopefully PSVR2 does well enough and the process of converting a PSVR1 game to PSVR2 is easy enough that devs will find it worthwhile.

and the process of converting a PSVR1 game to PSVR2 is easy enough that devs will find it worthwhile.
If it was easy enough then Sony would have a BC layer for it without developers actions required.

Content in Cinematic Mode will be displayed in 1920×1080 HDR video format with 24/60Hz and also 120Hz frame rate.

---

Bummer. No 3d support
That’s weird. Is this a data limitation of the cable? Like, why wouldn’t you want the option of seeing a 4k BD in 4k?

btw i wonder, with how relatively limited VR market is, and with how eager Sony is going multiplatform (PS x PC)... whether PSVR2 will have PC compatibility and they start selling PSVR2 games on PCVR day-1?

that would allow them to grab more marketshare. and also can be for a trial to see how it affect their business for releasing PS games day-1 on PC too.

btw i wonder, with how relatively limited VR market is, and with how eager Sony is going multiplatform (PS x PC)... whether PSVR2 will have PC compatibility and they start selling PSVR2 games on PCVR day-1?

that would allow them to grab more marketshare. and also can be for a trial to see how it affect their business for releasing PS games day-1 on PC too.

I can imagine them having PSVR2 ready for PC (drivers and all) but holding off on releasing it on PC until they see what demand for it is like on PS5. So, if demand is higher than supply on PS5 we won't see PSVR2 on PC until supply is greater than demand on PS5, IMO.

Regards,
SB

Back