Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

really liked this game, but the PSVR tracking sucked a bit, so this enhanced version should be a lot better.

damn 4 years already

Reactions: snc
"The resolution in the headset is unbelievable. I've played on a lot of different VR headsets before. This is probaly the sharpest and most detailed I've ever used."

Really excited for this. The OLED screens plus foveated rendering should be akin to two generations enhancement over PSVR once devs get to grips.

Reactions: snc
Also a hands on from RoadtoVR, who were tentatively impressed. They did call out some persistence issues with the displays and the HDR not being particularly noticeable in the demos.

(... )and the HDR not being particularly noticeable in the demos.

From Eurogamer preview:
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - Chapter 2: Retribution
Thanks to the many dark areas of the game, this was a perfect title with which to test out the PSVR2's HDR which allowed me to see the detail in low lit situations much more clearly than I could in the first game.

Last edited:
Also a hands on from RoadtoVR, who were tentatively impressed. They did call out some persistence issues with the displays and the HDR not being particularly noticeable in the demos.

HDR will just be a checklist item at the end of the day. Main concern would be the persistence blur. Rest of the headset seems solid but the motion issue needs to be fixed.

If there’s a workaround to get it functioning on a pc, I’ll get one to try for driving.

It would be nice if HDR was a better defined term for VR. In the PSVR2's case, both Eurogamer and RoadtoVR mention the good contrast. What it doesn't seem to be demonstrating in the demos is realistically bright objects. Maybe one for PSVR3, but brightness becomes even more of a challenge in the move to pancake optics (which that would probably have).

Last edited:
HDR will just be a checklist item at the end of the day. Main concern would be the persistence blur. Rest of the headset seems solid but the motion issue needs to be fixed.

If there’s a workaround to get it functioning on a pc, I’ll get one to try for driving.

i'm sure they plan to make PSVR2 PC compatible, just like the Quest 1/2/pro

could HDR so close to the eye cause eye damage in the long term if it was too bright ?

It's nice to see, as VR rapidly evolves, more and more people realizing it's more than just a gimmick, like it was repeated a few years ago.

Back