Elden Ring [2022-21-01] [PS, XB, PC]

Oh wow, Cohh is going to be starting his 3rd play though of Elden Ring. That's pretty much unheard of for him to do back to back to back play through's of games. I can only think of one other time he's done even a 2nd play through right after finishing a first one. And the only reason he did that was because he felt bad that he didn't play the game (God of War 2018) on it's hardest difficulty the first time. He's played plenty of games multiple times, but almost never back to back.

After he finished his 2nd play though, he said it'd probably be a couple months before he played it again, but I guess he couldn't stop thinking about playing it. :D

I find myself in a similar position right now. Typically this is the danger time for me to get drawn away from open world games that I've started (like any of the Witcher games). New games coming out that I want to play so I'll set aside a game like The Witcher 3 to play the new game ... and then I never go back until the next time I attempt to finish it, and fail. :p

But now, every time I think, "Hey a game I've wanted to play is coming out soon" (in this case Tunic), I find that all I can think about is playing more Elden Ring. Thinking about how I can beat that boss that was kicking my arse last night. Or thinking about an area of the map that I might have missed. Or thinking about what the next area I want to explore is. Or ...

Yeah, hopelessly hooked.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Patch notes for those interested.

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America - News | ELDEN RING - Patch Notes Version 1.03

A good first start. Out of that Hoarfrost Stomp was the only nerfed ability I was really using and it really needed some adjustments, it was incredibly overpowered considering it only used 7 FP. In a moment here I'm going to see how it was adjusted.

[edit] Looks like damage was roughly halved. Maybe a very slight over nerf, but I will have to play some more and see. Regardless, it seems more in line with its FP cost now.

Regards,
SB
lol 7fp? glintstone pebble costs there.
That damage 7FP with frost and area of effect is still very good.

lol 7fp? glintstone pebble costs there.
That damage 7FP with frost and area of effect is still very good.

Yup, it was very much overpowered and needed a nerf considering that Glinstone Pebble was the same FP, same or less damage, single target, doesn't stagger on first hit and didn't build Frost.

Now Hoarfrost Stomp still builds frost, still staggers on initial hit but does much less direct damage. So, it's still a good weapon art and much more balanced now.

Regards,
SB

FOEdDBvWUA458Rf

fantastic

Either I've missed it before or it's new in this patch, but I like that NPCs appear on the map now. Makes it so much easier to track NPCs that either move around or are scattered (the merchant ones for example).

Regards,
SB

Either I've missed it before or it's new in this patch, but I like that NPCs appear on the map now. Makes it so much easier to track NPCs that either move around or are scattered (the merchant ones for example).

Regards,
SB
It's new in the latest patch. I'm sure there will be some purists who don't like that change. One thing I've noticed as a consistent praise from some streamers is that they're really enjoying not being constantly guided and have markers everywhere. I think just having NPC names is good though.

are there any different biospheres in the game?, every outdoor screenshot I have seen, all look the same, same ground, same plants same everything

are there any different biospheres in the game?, every outdoor screenshot I have seen, all look the same, same ground, same plants same everything

Yes. There's a snow bio, swamp bio, forest bio, lake bio, cave bio, desert bio, lava (volcano) bio, castle bio and a couple others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Regards,
SB

platcrkzp.jpg

Took me 94 hours, finally got the plat too :D There's very small chance anything will come close to this game for me this year, despite having mixed feelings about the boss fights everything else is amazing.

I hope more games will follow this style of exploration in an open world, less clutter/icons all over the map and hand holding please!

Finally had time to play a bit more and advance in the game - just entered a complete new region that seems to be as big as the rest of the game so far...ha ha ha, unbelievable amount of content.

Also, I replaced the hoarfrost stomp (which is still very good after the nerf, but I got bored with it) with the ash of war "flames of the redmanes" or something like this. Great tool to stun almost all enemies in a few hits and crit them.

Since the launch of ER i havent touched any other game. Amazing how much content there is. It is so much fun trying diffrent builds and combinations of ashes of war and talismans. I dont want to finish this game at this point just keep playing :D

Yeah, I really REALLY want to try out Tunic, but I honestly cannot stop thinking about Elden Ring when I'm not playing it and so I can't quite force myself to play anything else at the moment. I "think" I'm somewhere between 1/3-1/2 of the way through the game. Ooooof.

It's hard enough to use some of my limited free time to watch GU in the NCAA Tournament instead of playing Elden Ring. :p Other games have no chance.

This is about as close as a single player game can get to the sort of addiction that an MMORPG can induce in me (one reason I try not to play MMORPGs anymore).

Regards,
SB

Ok bought it but probably will sell soon, just cant stand this graphics and premis of minimal npc interactivity/story telling and fighting with everything that move

I dual wield with moonveil and rivers of blood. You can set your right arm with only one weapon. So if you de-equip your right hand (right directional button) you can effectively use two ashes of war during fights.

Last edited:
I dual wield with moonveil and rivers of blood. You can set your right arm with only one weapon. So if you de-equip your right hand (right directional button) you can effectively use two ashes of war during fights.

Just as a heads up, you don't even have to do that. While dual wielding you can then choose to two-hand either your right or left weapon. Just two-hand your offhand weapon and you can do the weapon art for that. Then just go back to dual wielding. Easy peasy. :)

Regards,
SB

Ok got little hooked into leveling up character :d will play with some guidence as I did with Demon Souls r

Back