What should Sony's Acquisition Plans Be? *spawn*

I wonder what the price of Gamepass will escalate to, if this kind of consolidation is allowed to happen?
Additional 10$ so the the games will cost 80$.

For this acquisition the only ones to benefit will be Microsoft and its shareholders.
Yeah, no.

We have the whole previous gen making the same games over and over again without consolidation and nobody complained buying the same games yearly.

I d say not even the slightest. Sega was losing support for multiple reasons, not because competition was buying off IPs.
Even the N64 had more support than the Sega Saturn. A lot of titles released on PS and the N64 never saw a release on the Saturn.
Sony and Sega shouldn't even be in the same sentence. The notion that Sony somehow will 'go the way of Sega' as some posters keep writing, is absolutely absurd.

Only if you apply your own bias to it. If your against consolidation in the video game market than you should be against sony making purchases also. What's it matter if MS buys one bigger company or a bunch of smaller companies ? The end result is the same isn't it.
It's not the same result if Sony buys studios that were only making games for them.

Only if you apply your own bias to it. If your against consolidation in the video game market than you should be against sony making purchases also. What's it matter if MS buys one bigger company or a bunch of smaller companies ? The end result is the same isn't it.
It has always been about "that certain one platform". As soon it does not get some game - immediately cries and complaints about consolidation. But games not going to other platforms for the whole generation is totally normal because "they are coming to that certain platform". It has always been the same thing generation after generation.

People dream about PS2 era where PS2 was literally close to monopoly (if not a monopoly).

It's not the same result if Sony buys studios that were only making games for them.
So you are saying that paying if you pay studio money to produce only the games for that single one platform it is ok. But guess what? When you buy a studio - it starts producing the games to that another platform.
I remember Insomniac's twitter response about Spider-Man on Xbox. "Never"
Or how MS was lambasted for RoTR exclusivity but nobody bat an eye on various exclusive games that Sony got.

Acquisitions like this are just Microsoft being Microsoft. They can't help themselves :D Their tactic since the 80's has been to starve the competition rather than try and compete.

But acquisitions like this are just bad news, it doesn't matter who does it. The end result just breeds a stale bland market as all the creatives end up having to follow the same rules, report to the same people, beg for money form the same channels. I fully expect that if this merger isn't blocked then quite a few of those studios covered by it will shutter, otherwise they run the risk of competing with each other for the same slice of pie.

For this acquisition the only ones to benefit will be Microsoft and its shareholders.

I wonder what the price of Gamepass will escalate to, if this kind of consolidation is allowed to happen?

All this is , is microsoft making a strategic purchase. Activision went to other companies first and microsoft doesn't really want to compete against an apple + activision or google + activision and so on . I disagree with you on studios shuttering. MS will want multiple games releasing in a quarter and you only do that with large amounts of studios

The irony :LOL:
did I cry foul when sony bought studios last year ?

My position has always been consistent. In the past I rather Microsoft buy a company over sony or nintendo because MS puts games out on pc also while at the time sony didn't and nintendo still doesn't. Even now Sony isn't day and date. I also would rather MS buy it than apple buy it and restrict them to ios or google / amazon limit them to streaming only.

So you are saying that paying if you pay studio money to produce only the games for that single one platform it is ok. But guess what? When you buy a studio - it starts producing the games to that another platform.
I remember Insomniac's twitter response about Spider-Man on Xbox. "Never"
Or how MS was lambasted for RoTR exclusivity but nobody bat an eye on various exclusive games that Sony got.
I don't understand what you're writing here, sorry.

As I said twice already, this isn't 'bad' or 'good', it's just business and I totally understand why MS did it.

All I'm saying is that Sony buying a small studio that was already only making PS games, and MS spending a total of almost $80B buying Activision/Bethesda whose games were all multi-platform, are two very different things. I don't know how anyone could argue that.

What are you trying to prove showing 2+ year delayed releases and MLB (which was certainly not Sony wanted to release on Xbox for pretty obvious reasons)?

It is akin - and I am not joking - but I remember a person saying that We should grateful that Sony allowed to release Heavy Rain on PC after 9 years.

Should learn to read , would help with communication on the forum.

Full quote for you

In the past I rather Microsoft buy a company over sony or nintendo because MS puts games out on pc also while at the time sony didn't and nintendo still doesn't. Even now Sony isn't day and date

You have a great future at cnn

Why dont you just buy a PC then and let the other non MS consoles have their games? :LOL:

Who's to say if Sony purchased activision that any of their games would still come to the pc or any other console for that matter ? If the games still came to the pc it could be years after release on their console.

The only game you can point too that is out on other consoles from sony is MLB and that is due to Major league baseball and not Sony. Sony's also only just started releasing 3 year old titles on PC.

Like I said my stance has always been the consistent. You can try and misquote me but it wont change what I said

Who's to say if Sony purchased activision that any of their games would still come to the pc or any other console for that matter ? If the games still came to the pc it could be years after release on their console.

The only game you can point too that is out on other consoles from sony is MLB and that is due to Major league baseball and not Sony. Sony's also only just started releasing 3 year old titles on PC.

Like I said my stance has always been the consistent. You can try and misquote me but it wont change what I said
So....what games did Sony take away from the PC space? Does your PC feel like its starving from games? So for you everything should be released on PC but its ok for other games to stop being released on other non MS consoles. Talk about double standards. Lets cancel consoles and make everything a PC and be done with it so you can be happy :LOL:

Sony only just recently added 'Playstation PC' to their catalouge, aquired porting studios and started bring over their best selling exclusives to pc. Seeing how well its all recieved its something thats going to be happening more often, as Ryan announced awhile ago. For that we have to give sony some credit, also thinking the quality of the ports.
They dont release their games on Xbox though.

Back