Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

Is South Africa one of the places which isn't trying Ivermectin? That has taken over from hydroxychloroquine as the cure-all for Covid which isn't backed up by available evidence. Lots of studies showing good efficacy, but all of them seemingly flawed for one reason or another. At least it isn't likely to do much harm.

Well, you don't need to wear masks. ;)

Just live normally like you would pre-covid, just don't go out and spread it. If you run out of food, order online and have food delivered to you. But you certainly don't need to isolate if the whole family have the virus.

btw do you have a source for that? its logical but i want to be more certain.

google failed me, cant find any source from who, nhs, etc about isolation for whole house thats already positive. only found for a house where a person is positive.

So on Monday I came down with fever and headaches and I was shivering but it was damn cold here that evening. On Tuesday wanted to visit the doctor and got told to do Covid test and yesterday got results back and am Covid positive. Lungs hurt when coughing and legs were super sore yesterday but with the medicine prescribed I am feeling better today already although legs still a bit sore and lungs don't hurt when I cough. I haven't lost my sense of smell and I can hold my breath for 1 minute so I take it my lungs are still ok.
I may have missed it but did you get the covid vaccine and if so which one?

You seem to confuse bats with birds.
Unless you are a tinfoil muppet?

not sure what your talking about ?
The 55-year-old man tested positive for H5N6, or avian influenza A, in Bazhong City, in China's southwestern Sichuan Province, the broadcaster said. The man began showing symptoms of a fever on June 30 and tested positive for the bird flu on July 6.

Local authorities have activated an emergency response and have sterilized the area. The broadcaster reported that unidentified experts believe the risk of a large-scale spread of the virus is very low.

next step will be a drop in cell phone and internet activity in the area , then cremation center working 24 hours a day , then air travel from this city to other places inside of china will get shut down. Then we will start to get leaks of the government welding people's doors shut and then boom cases in another country .

86e.png

not sure what your talking about ?

next step will be a drop in cell phone and internet activity in the area , then cremation center working 24 hours a day , then air travel from this city to other places inside of china will get shut down. Then we will start to get leaks of the government welding people's doors shut and then boom cases in another country .

86e.png

Covid-19 came from a bat.
This is from a bird.

Sense...you make none.

Weekly Situation Report (rki.de)

Figure 2 shows the total number of cases with or without COVID-19-relevant symptoms as well as the proportion of hospitalised and deceased cases. Since deaths occur on average 2-3 weeks after infection, additional reports of deaths are expected for the most recent three weeks. The data used for this figure can be accessed through the following link: www.rki.de/covid-19-tabelle-klinische-aspektet

upload_2021-7-15_20-3-59.png

And here is SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation (publishing.service.gov.uk) #18

It doesn't look perfect, but if there will be a fourth wave in Germany in next week, it will be much "easier" than the third wave three weeks ago. And I'm now fully vaccinated and on saturday fully protected.

Covid-19 came from a bat.
This is from a bird.

Sense...you make none.

Not sure what your talking about.

I only stated that covid is done , the big new thing will be the bird flu and that its very similar to how covid started.

I only stated that covid is done , the big new thing will be the bird flu and that its very similar to how covid started.

No, you stated it was from "the producers of COVID" which makes zero sense.
And Covid-19 is far from done, the Delta is making a third wave.

Again...sense you make none.

Huh. I take an omeprazole derivative daily. It reduces stomach acid / acid reflux which can cause coughing. Not sure what that has to do with COVID though, apart from the coughing.
Well my lungs were hurting when I was coughing on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I had one cough and lungs weren't hurting.

Covid is far from done. Hell it's got various mutations, there will almost definitely be more. Then you have people not believing in the virus and not wanting the vaccine. Cool, don't take the vaccine. There's a better chance your will survive Covid if you get the vaccine. With out the vaccine, there's a bigger chance you will die. I am not saying you can't survive the virus if you haven't taken the vaccine, it's just that your chances of dying or getting extremely sick increases.

My flipping government is backwards and they only started rolling out the vaccines two months ago but the process is slow and last month they had announced that 50-65 were allowed to sign on and from 15 July, people age 35-49 would then be allowed to register for the Vaccine shot. I am 49 and 10 months and tried my luck last week to see if I can register. The site denied me. I didn't have any symptoms last week so I was waiting to register on the 15th then bam, 12th, Monday night I got fever, headaches, shivering, but no vomiting, I had my sense of smell etc. I ate a lot that day and over did it and and was flipping cold as it's winter here so I wasn't expecting it to be Covid because I always use soap, wear my mask in public, wash my hands when I get home. I tink I might have touched some surface with my jacket and I don't wash it if I come back home. So even though I washed my hands etc with soap, I think I just infected myself by not taking that extra precaution. Mea Culpa.

That said, surviving the virus with out a vaccine shot. Quite a few people have died at my work since the beginning of the year. My work colleague who is very fit got it two weeks ago and according to him it was touch and go. He eventually started working on Monday(from home of course). His whole family had it. My sister and her family living overseas had it and all survived. My brother and his family had it in March and the all survived. I think I will survive this as I seem to be doing well, my oxygen levels are good(97), pamplet says if below 94 then notify doctor or go to hospital. My friend said his wife has the same Oximeter and apparently if it's below 90, then you should go to the hospital immediately.

That said, on Tuesday there was a memorial for one of my Class of '89 who died from Covid. A few months ago were had a huge chat/argument about Covid and there were a lot of people who said that they wouldn't take the vaccine. She was one of those. I feel for her husband, he lost his wife.

The vast majority of Covid infections will come from aerosols - just somebody with Covid (who is perhaps unaware they are infected - either asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic) breathing normally and talking in a closed space appears to be enough to generate aerosols which can hang around in the air for a long time. Inhale enough of those and you've got a good chance of being infected. Delta is greatly more infectious so it will take less exposure to these aerosols to become infected. In the UK, the pithy government messaging was, "Hands, Face, Space". In other words, wash your hands, wear a mask, socially distance yourself from others. It should have been the other way around, "Space, Face, Hands". It is unlikely that many infections will come from failing to wash your hands, though it certainly doesn't hurt to make sure that you do.

As for eastmen's idea that Covid is done, well, he's wrong about this one as well, unsurprisingly. Deaths rising in Africa now that Delta is taking over on the continent:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/07/1095902

A relatively low level for now and the average younger age of Africans will reduce risk factors to some degree, but if deaths have increased 43% this week, you can be pretty sure that they will increase a similar amount next week, and the week after and so on. The Africans don't have the protection of vaccines in the numbers that western countries do so I fear the worst.

Here in the UK, the numbers aren't much better, except of course we have over 50% of the population fully-vaccinated so deaths are a lot lower:

E6W5WHXXIAE2x5w

eastmen should bear in mind that lots of US States where Delta is now beginning to spread have much, much lower vaccination rates in comparison to the UK.

Here's a good graphic to show the effect of vaccination:

E6WpeJQWUAk7jTa

Unfortunately, the younger people still to be vaccinated in the UK are at risk of developing Long Covid and we're probably looking at hundreds of thousands of people who will develop long-term debilitating symptoms over the next few months.

about what healh protocols to follow when all people in a house are positive for covid. after consulting with multiple doctors:
  • the doctors recommend to keep doing the usual covid health and safety procedures (mask wearing, etc) in the house and when interacting with each other.
from the explanations they tell, their reasoning is not based on research but based on an abundance of caution. So contact your doctors and follow their recommendation even if its different to what i got. But please do share the info so i also can do more conversation with the doctors i got communication to too.

omg my english is getting worse

Are you saying that China produced the virus?
No, I'm telling you what eastmen implied. That the epidemic is starting from China and he expects similar course of events.

Internet discussions would be much less irritating if the participants actively tried to understand each other.

No, I'm telling you what eastmen implied. That the epidemic is starting from China and he expects similar course of events.

Internet discussions would be much less irritating if the participants actively tried to understand each other.

I want him to say...because anti-scientific BS makes me ignore muppets ASAP.
"Produced" implies artificial creation...and that tin-foil hattery needs to be adressed and slammed.

You cannot fix stupid...but you can silence it.

Back