Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

I don't get it....every expert says 80% vaccination rate for herd-immunity due to the Delta-variant...stumbling right before the finish line is FUBAR...

Despite the apparently large majority in parliament enjoyed by Johnson, a lot of his MPs are are the incompetent libertarian morons of the 'European Research Group' which has rebranded itself as the 'Covid Research Group'. Fundamentally, rabid Brexiteers who didn't have the first clue about the EU, despite the ridiculous naming of their group. Similarly, they don't have the first clue about dealing with a pandemic and have been sniping about the thought of any government restrictions from the start. Thankfully, the government had the sense to ignore them last year, but they've talked themselves into a corner as regards removing restrictions (the plans were drawn up before the emergence of Delta) and don't have the balls to change tack now.

Most of them know it will cause the deaths of thousands and long term illness for hundreds of thousands, but they'd rather let this happen than have to reach across the chamber to get the restrictions extended with some votes from the opposition.

They've had the friendly media and supine BBC briefing 'TINA' for weeks now so they'll get away with it and damn the consequences. The media is so dominated by the right that most of the electorate are none the wider that, actually, there is a moressensible alternative.

Is it run by the same company that was recycling condoms by washing them out,drying , repackaging them and reselling them (maybe this is OK? aside from the ickiness factor, if so no probs from me, just market it as 'pre-loved' )

New data shows the difference between only having 1 jab or 2 jabs with Pfizer against the Delta-variant:
218608751_10223517677482657_8973963339735532187_n.jpg

So on Monday I came down with fever and headaches and I was shivering but it was damn cold here that evening. On Tuesday wanted to visit the doctor and got told to do Covid test and yesterday got results back and am Covid positive. Lungs hurt when coughing and legs were super sore yesterday but with the medicine prescribed I am feeling better today already although legs still a bit sore and lungs don't hurt when I cough. I haven't lost my sense of smell and I can hold my breath for 1 minute so I take it my lungs are still ok.

Last edited:
So on Monday I came down with fever and headaches and I was shivering but it was damn cold here that evening. On Tuesday wanted to visit the doctor and got told to do Covid test and yesterday got results back and am Covid positive. Lungs hurt when coughing and legs were super sore yesterday but with the medicine prescribed I am feeling better today already although legs still a bit sore and lungs don't hurt when I cough. I haven't lost my sense of smell and I can hold my breath for 1 minute so I take it my lungs are still ok.

Safe recovery and I hope you will avoid any long term effects!

Interesting research paper from Guangdong (link is to Larry Brilliant's tweet about it):

Assuming the paper is correct it helps to explain how Delta is so much more infectious than previous variants. Symptoms develop much more quickly and on the first day the infection becomes detectable there is 1,000 times the viral load in the throat. You can see how even small children could spread the virus much more easily all this being true, which makes it even more irritating that all the public health folk seem to be basis their decisions on the pre-Delta data which shows that "Children don't spread Covid very much". The word they should be using is "didn't".

3889b85b03117c8ecb52b2bf8f0f60d7a6b3319d.png

anyone know the self isolation guideline for a family in a house that all of them are positive with covid?

can we just ignore everything and live normally in the house?

or the self isolation guideline in a mix of negative of positive still follows? (e.g. wear face mask in the house)

If an infected person is in the household, try to isolate him or her in one room, away from others?

open all windows and keep isolated for two weeks up until hey recover?

If an infected person is in the household, try to isolate him or her in one room, away from others?

open all windows and keep isolated for two weeks up until hey recover?

i meant everyone in the house is already positive. what should we do? (other than stopping people from visiting, stay in the house, and so on)

i meant everyone in the house is already positive. what should we do? (other than stopping people from visiting, stay in the house, and so on)
Well, you don't need to wear masks. ;)

Just live normally like you would pre-covid, just don't go out and spread it. If you run out of food, order online and have food delivered to you. But you certainly don't need to isolate if the whole family have the virus.

Well, you don't need to wear masks. ;)

Just live normally like you would pre-covid, just don't go out and spread it. If you run out of food, order online and have food delivered to you. But you certainly don't need to isolate if the whole family have the virus.

yeah you shouldn’t infect each other but there are cases of people who got infected by two different variants at the same time.

Huh. I take an omeprazole derivative daily. It reduces stomach acid / acid reflux which can cause coughing. Not sure what that has to do with COVID though, apart from the coughing.

there was a study last year of people who took someth8ng normally prescribed to suppress stomach acid. Not omaprazole though.

study found it helped very marginally.

Barring any treatments which can directly help to treat the virus, you can see why chucking various medications to help alleviate symptoms in a mild way might be better than trying nothing!

The antibiotics should help any secondary respiratory infections caused by the virus.

Back