Computex 2021, AMD | Nvidia

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
Seems like everyone is asleep I guess.

shortcut link to RDNA laptop products (bulk of presentation)

AMD FSR:

Great options on FSR there. Just let people choose what they want.
Backports back to 500 series and Vega. Also works on 1060. Sweet ;) my 1070 can live on.

I guess technically it may be possible for X1X and 4Pro to adopt as well? Hmm maybe not, polaris is quite old I think wrt RX 500 series.
I like the super smart play here for adoption. With about 6 (edit 4) performance options to choose from that provides a fairly good amount of play space for developers to work with on consoles in selecting the right one.

AMD 3D Stacked Chiplets (Packaging future overview)

oohhh cpuuuuuuu giiive mee. please re-release the Zen3 with the v-cache. I don't want to get a new moboooo

I won't be awake for Nvidia one, I leave that to you gents!

Goodnight!

Last edited:
Will give a listen when time frees up.

The in car entertainment system for the new Tesla Model S/X is RDNA2 based as well. Explains why it's boasting PS5/XSX like performance, on paper.
Previous leaks indicate a Navi 23 GPU with a 128but bus and half the shader engines, so it's not really on par with the new-gen consoles.

Perhaps best to lump into just a single computex thread since there's not really enough here to separate: Nvidia Presentation

3080 TI and 3070 TI Announced

CUDA to ARM devkit:

It has a cute little LLC though.
Much more cute and little on N23 than other LLCs tho.

Which in turn makes me more hopeful for N3x, since required size of LLC seems rather dependent on content than on consumers.

Previous leaks indicate a Navi 23 GPU with a 128but bus and half the shader engines, so it's not really on par with the new-gen consoles.

I did a little more noseying and it looks like the 6600M would fit the bill as a Navi 23 part. AMD themselves only list that as 7.8 TFLOPS. Doesn't make much sense in the context of 10 TFLOPS.

Would they use a desktop Navi 23 instead?

I did a little more noseying and it looks like the 6600M would fit the bill as a Navi 23 part. AMD themselves only list that as 7.8 TFLOPS. Doesn't make much sense in the context of 10 TFLOPS.

Would they use a desktop Navi 23 instead?

Pretty sure it's a Navi 23:

The 6600M only enables 28 of the total 32CUs present in the chip. Also, they're claiming it uses an APU.
The 10TFLOPs could be combined power between iGPU and dGPu, and/or higher clocks on the Navi 23 and/or having the full 32CUs enabled in the chip.

Pretty sure it's a Navi 23:

The 6600M only enables 28 of the total 32CUs present in the chip. Also, they're claiming it uses an APU.
The 10TFLOPs could be combined power between iGPU and dGPu, and/or higher clocks on the Navi 23 and/or having the full 32CUs enabled in the chip.

Could be those. Also January is forever ago in Tesla terms. They could be looking at something else.

Back