Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
The DF video is a must.

They switch between the RT mode and Spider-Man PS4, both hanging on a glassy building, and honestly when seen side by side the original game looks like a PS3 game with a very nice character. Those cube maps are rough.

Always trust DF.

It will be better when they have the PS4 version too. I trust them 100%.

I mean. I’m kinda drunk so hoping this works. In motion it looks a million times better but...

IMG_8296.jpg

IMG_8297.jpg

In motion, with all those dynamic objects moving in the RT reflections, that alone raises it to a whole new level.

And the beauty of it is that if you don’t see a difference or don’t care, you can play the game at 60fps instead!

Last edited:
60fps mode.
jkF5j9B.png

almost identical in this scenes

Wait a better video than this for example a Digital foundry video at 4k 60 fps for example and not cut in three where the difference are hard to see. After it is clear, The game has some of it roots in PS4, this is a cross gen title the biggest improvement are on LOD0 character model mostly visible on cutscene. Other improvement out of the good reflection raytracing are more like a higher level PS4 version with improved framerate mode or better draw distance, less popin or better filtering of texture or motion blur, or depth of field, particles effect.

Imo the best looking game is Demon's souls remake.

I hope God of War is not cross gen but I think it will be the cross gen because my impression the best selling title will be cross gen. R&C PS4 and Blooborne sold less than 10 millions. Horizon, Spiderman sold more than 10 million.

Sackboy is probably an exception.

Insomniac is claiming their RT is "industry leading" on consoles.
Is really that hard to put RT reflections on a game? Contrary to Watch Dogs Legion is like there is no distance limitation for the reflections on glass around the city.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmS8qIiWMAE92yN.jpg

Insomniac doesn't claim anything. This is just Digitalfoundry comparing a little the RT implementation of Watchdog legions and Spiderman on consoles.

Two different compromises on the two sides. It seems the RT on Spiderman is more flattering to the eye. But PC version of Watchdog Legions out of draw distance looks better and it seems possible to improve it in the .ini of the game.

Last edited:
Wait a better video than this for example a Digital foundry video at 4k 60 fps for example and not cut in three where the difference are hard to see. After it is clear, The game has some of it roots in PS4, this is a cross gen title the biggest improvement are on LOD0 character model mostly visible on cutscene. Other improvement out of the good reflection raytracing are more like a higher level PS4 version with improved framerate mode or better draw distance, less popin or better filtering of texture or motion blur, or depth of field, particles effect.

Imo the best looking game is Demon's souls remake.

I hope God of War is not cross gen but I think it will be the cross gen because my impression the best selling title will be cross gen. R&C PS4 and Blooborne sold less than 10 millions. Horizon, Spiderman sold more than 10 million.

Sackboy is probably an exception.
for sure df can do better comparison, agree, but running 8 minutes of gameplay side by side looks quite similar

Back