Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

But black makes you look thin so why go white?

It's the combination of the contour and the contrast between black and white. It's not exactly an optical illusion but the net effect is very similar.

Really has that "slim gaming PC" type aesthetic....

I don't think it's going to age well....but it doesn't really matter because we'll get a minimalist slim version in a few years...

Any one listen with headohones? Was there anything special in the end?
I nodded off mid way through for a while, so need to watch some again

makes sense , physical is dying .
Digital games still tend to cost more than physical, ignoring used copies (which may be wrecked by covid19 anyway). On the other hand, the console is cheaper to start with, has one less part that can fail, and digital subscriptions can be amazing values.

Really has that "slim gaming PC" type aesthetic....

I don't think it's going to age well....but it doesn't really matter because we'll get a minimalist slim version in a few years...

Yah, maybe we'll see a return of the slim model, but I'm not sure what node they'd have to hit to make that viable.

upload_2020-6-12_5-47-1.png

Approx sizes, by measuring pixels and assuming the Bd rom width gap is about 13 cm.
don't know how deep, hard to tell.

for reference
External dimensions

PS4
Approx. 275×53×305 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)

PS4 slim
Approx. 265×39×288 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)

PS4 pro
Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)

So this console is about 10 cm higher than even the pro.

Any one listen with headohones? Was there anything special in the end?
I nodded off mid way through for a while, so need to watch some again
Listening with headphones, there's some spatialness for sure, but these are trailers with loud music overpowering all the game audio, so not easy to tell.

GT demo was okay with its gameplay. Not 'the future' especially but maybe that's a case of having the right HRTF model?

Edit: There was gameplay shown I hadn't seen in trailers. R&C audio is clearly doing 'stuff'.

Last edited:
So...was there anything particularly next-gen, other than R&Cs total world replacement?

YT vid - 460k watches, 403k likes!!!!

Back