Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

bus-like-a-swede.jpg

:oops:

Seems like initial evaluations is showing that the malaria drug is ineffective.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...tment-hailed-trump-has-no-benefit-coronavirus

Researchers compared more than 180 patients – some receiving hydroxychloroquine treatment and others who were not treated with the drug – and found their outcomes were almost identical.
“These results do not support the use of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised for documented Sars-CoV-2-positive hypoxic pneumonia,” the authors said in a non-peer reviewed paper released by medRxiv.org on Tuesday.

Brazil's hydroxychloroquine study was a disaster in which they killed 11 people.

Study of Trump-touted chloroquine for coronavirus stopped due to heart problems, deaths
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/study-of-trump-touted-chloroquine-for-coronavirus-stopped-due-to-heart-problems-deaths/ar-BB12Gs0e

A double-blind research study of a drug touted by President Donald Trump early on to treat coronavirus found it to be so dangerous at high doses the trial was shut down after six days.

The study on chloroquine, conducted in Brazil, found one-quarter of the patients taking the anti-malaria medication developed potentially deadly changes in the electrical system regulating their heartbeats. While a small and imperfect study, it highlights the compelling need for more rigorous data.

Doctors in the United States have seen such heart issues with chloroquine and a similar but less toxic drug, an anti-inflammatory called hydroxychloroquine. Some medical systems are no longer using either to treat COVID-19, even if they initially tried it. Others use them only with careful monitoring.

Brazil's hydroxychloroquine study was a disaster in which they killed 11 people.
This specific study was a bad one.
Reasons:
- High levels of Chloroquine (very toxic form of diroxicloroquine)
- Only critical care pacients

So, very low chance of sucess.

On the other hand what Nise Yamaguchi and others (like Didier Raoult) advise is give hidroxicloroquine (less toxic) with azitromicine in the first five days.
This is still without technical reports in Brazil.

This specific study was a bad one.
Reasons:
- High levels of Chloroquine (very toxic form of diroxicloroquine)
- Only critical care pacients

So, very low chance of sucess.

On the other hand what Nise Yamaguchi and others (like Didier Raoult) advise is give hidroxicloroquine (less toxic) with azitromicine in the first five days.
This is still without technical reports in Brazil.

Need a lot of data to make those studies useful because the majority of people never develop severe symptoms even with no treatment. So it might be hydroxychloroquine helping it might not.

Ohio's numbers today, Confirmed: 8414 (up from 7791 ), Hospitalized: 2331 (up from 2237 ), and Deaths: 389 (up from 361 ).
CDC Expanded Cases and Deaths: 175 (up from 163 ), 16 (down from 17)
Confirmed Cuyahoga County: 1331 (Up from 1281 ).

Percentage increase: 8.00%, 4.20%, 7.76%
Raw increase: 623, 94, 28

Ohio has 74,840 tests and 6,429 tests per 1M population -- from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

So now Ohio is in the confirmed cases doubling every 9 days territory.

2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19) for Dallas County Texas
https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php

April 16, 2020 - 2,066 confirmed cases - 50 deaths

2,066 confirmed cases up 80 over yesterday and seven new deaths
Those 80 new cases represent a 4.0% increase over the last day

Increases (by percent) over the last 21 days:
21.0%, 19.6%, 11.1%, 12.5%, 14.9%, 15.8%, 13.7%,
10.8%, 10.2%, 9.6%, 3.9%, 9.2%, 5.0%, 8.2%,
7.3%, 7.0%, 4.8%, 3.8%, 5.0%, 5.8% and now 4.0%

Increases (by count) over the last 21 days:
+64, +72, +49, +61, +82, +100, +100,
+90, +94, +97, +43, +106, +63, +108,
+105, +107, +79, +65, +89, +109 and now +80

Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 80 additional positive cases of COVID-19 today, bringing the total case count in Dallas County to 2,066. Seven additional deaths are being reported, including:

• A man in his 60’s who was a resident of the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
  • A man in his 60’s who was a resident of the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
  • A man in his 70’s who was a resident of the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
  • A woman in her 70’s who was a resident of the City of Garland and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
  • A woman in her 80’s who was a resident a long-term care facility in the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
  • A man in his 70’s who was a resident of a long-term care facility in the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
  • A man in his 80’s who was a resident of a long-term care facility in the City of Dallas and had been critically ill in an area hospital.
Of cases requiring hospitalization, most (69%) have been either over 60 years of age or have had at least one known high-risk chronic health condition. Diabetes has been an underlying high-risk health condition reported in over a quarter (30%) of all hospitalized patients with COVID-19. Seventeen deaths have been associated with long-term care facilities.

On a personal note my wife's test came back negative which made me very happy, until she told me that there was a 30% chance of false negatives with the test she took. :|

Also my niece the nurse practitioner just tested positive for it, my sister is freaking out. :(

On a personal note my wife's test came back negative which made me very happy, until she told me that there was a 30% chance of false negatives with the test she took. :|

If it wasn't COVID-19 then what would could have caused all those symptoms in your entire family?

Back