Best 4K HDR TV's for One X, PS4 Pro [2017-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LG C9 55” currently $940 in Denmark.

Please say it's before tax :oops:... here everybody's excited that it's reached the historical low of ~1150$ :runaway:

Come to think of it, that was how much I paid for my Samsung KS7000/8000 back in the day... except it wasn't as it cost 350$ more which I covered with bonus store credit and I didn't pay cash since I got it in a 40 month 0% interest plan (will finally be through this summer) :LOL:. Wake me up when I can get a 65'' C9 for around the same amount of money ;)...

dang, I should have followed all of your praises for an LG OLED and take a year or two of loan for that, and buy an extended warranty, instead of buying the cheapest 4K HDTV with VA panel: 350 dollars TCL A8 (aka TCL P8M).

Why?
Because I failed to get any company to hire me, so I am now at home helping my dad doing a bunch of stuff that not only need high-detail work (aerial mapping, road planning, etc) but also color-correct design work. So now I'm literally facing this goddamn screen every single day for work AND entertainment. Ugh blerhgh.

Please say it's before tax :oops:... here everybody's excited that it's reached the historical low of ~1150$ :runaway:

Come to think of it, that was how much I paid for my Samsung KS7000/8000 back in the day... except it wasn't as it cost 350$ more which I covered with bonus store credit and I didn't pay cash since I got it in a 40 month 0% interest plan (will finally be through this summer) :LOL:. Wake me up when I can get a 65'' C9 for around the same amount of money ;)...
Yeah even with tax, that price is crazy!
55 inch LG C8 or B8 was 1050 dollars-ish in Indonesia on the new year sale. C9 is still 1900 dollars.

It's Europe, so I'm assuming it's post tax.

TLDW:
QLED LCD Game mode takes big hit compared to its Movie mode due to FALD processing producing large portions of its IQ.
OLED Game mode very close Image quality to Cinema mode due to IQ due to native panel properties producing large portions of its IQ.

OLED C9 image retention is resolved after a 10 minute compensation run after a 24 hour game run in game mode. They would like to run longer tests if a better method to automate it for 6 months was available.

The result is very clear.

This is probably the most relevant video ever about the OLED vs. QLED / LCD debacle, at least related to the B9/C9 series.

- Even the higher-end LCD TVs with FALD lose brightness and contrast once Game mode is set, because the lower time they have to process each frame means they can't control the back panel's brightness. The difference seems astounding principally on darker scenes where the FALD TV behaves much worse and the FALD can't illuminate the brighter areas on time. The OLED panels don't have to worry about that, they just forward the brightness of each pixel to each pixel.

- Even on bright scenes, since the FALD TV can't process the back panel well enough, it can't even boost its brightness above what the OLED panel can do. There goes the brightness advantage of the QLEDs.

- Burn-in is a non-problem on the 2019 LG OLEDs. After playing fortnite for 24h straight, the very few irregularities caused by HUD elements that the Logo Luminance Adjustment doesn't fully catch are quickly nullified in a matter of minutes with the TV on standby using the Pixel Refresher.

This is probably the most relevant video ever about the OLED vs. QLED / LCD debacle, at least related to the B9/C9 series.

Completely agree. I was not completely aware of how much IQ is lost when in Game mode. Such a huge world of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back