DirectX Ray-Tracing [DXR]

Not sure what the HW at the show is tbh and if I did I probably couldn't say. But i've run it on a laptop with an NV chip, so it doesn't need any newish stuff. Though obviously performance etc. will vary.
In the video description it says this:

'PICA PICA' is a demo and experiment using SEED's 'Halcyon' research engine and Microsoft's new DirectX Raytracing API to do real-time GPU raytracing on Nvidia Volta GPUs.
So it's safe to assume it runs faster on a Volta.

In the video description it says this:

So it's safe to assume it runs faster on a Volta.
I put a quote in the other Nvidia threads where an Nvidia person mentions there is hardware in Volta that accelerates Raytracing but would not explain that aspect any further, they also expanded how they can utilise less rays with the Tensor Cores and Deep Learning; de-noising/reconstruction filters something like that.
I was a bit slow posting, man some are quick with the o'clock :)

This one -at least- is presumably rendered in real time, it's from Remedy with NVIDIA/Microsoft collaboration:

"FYI, everyone with questions on the fidelity - this is intentionally shown in 1080p 30fps to demonstrate the current promise of real-time ray tracing. A denoiser module is coming to the GameWorks SDK, which will enable developers to remove film grain-like noise without any additional time-sapping development work. This means the end result will look even better!"

Nvidia comment from s similar video:

NVIDIA announced that all demos released so far are running on an unnamed Volta GPU, more Volta demos to come featuring Unreal, Unity and 4A engine in GDC.

Screenshots from Remedy Entertainment's real-time ray tracing tech demo running on their Northlight engine, made possible by NVIDIA RTX Technology, Microsoft’s DXR API, and a Volta-architecture GPU

NVIDIA RTX tech demos, powered by Volta-architecture GPUs, will be unveiled by 4A Games, Electronic Arts, Epic Games, Remedy Entertainment, and Unity this week at GDC 2018.
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-rtx-real-time-game-ray-tracing

hmm, it's great to see all these full real-time demos.
I am hoping to see the 'hybrid' demos ;)
ideally running on older hardware and to see if DX R API helps solve some rendering challenges within rasterization

hmm, it's great to see all these full real-time demos.
I am hoping to see the 'hybrid' demos ;)
ideally running on older hardware and to see if DX R API helps solve some rendering challenges within rasterization

The Remedy demo is hybrid. From the presentation it looks like they're doing reflections, ambient occlusion and shadows with ray tracing.

Back