The Order: 1886

With capture card it is great. Later we will see more of the game by nbnt but spoiler screen are forbidden. This game need a photo mode when risk of spoiler will be less important.

Last edited:
I will admit it, I broke down and started watching the various streams/recordings that are around... :(

All I will say for now, really pretty in motion. The gems we are getting are splendid for sure!

Some of the screens seem to have nothing in focus !
Otherwise, this is too much, having to imagine i will be able to easily move around those environments :D ! Give me solid gameplay RAD, this looks like stuff from my dreams, IF it has solid gameplay like the GOW games you made.

More gaffers have finished the game,
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152324117&postcount=1511

Plus report from RAD's Andrea Pessino:
At an event in Milan, CTO Andrea Pessino finally answered in detail the topical question, asked by the audience.

According to Pessino, Ready at Dawn’s internal metrics show that if you play the game at a normal pace and difficulty level, you can finish the game in a window between eight and ten hours. If you play in hard mode or you take your time to seek for every single little detail, you’ll probably clock about twelve hours or more.
Pessino also admitted that yes, if you rush through the game skipping everything you can, you can probably manage the clear in five hours and a half.

I do wonder if the high quality assets and the detail density is the reason the production of the order takes longer, i.e. The game is shorter?

I always thought that physical based rendering speeds up the asset creation a lot and simplifies game development?

I do wonder if the high quality assets and the detail density is the reason the production of the order takes longer, i.e. The game is shorter?

I always thought that physical based rendering speeds up the asset creation a lot and simplifies game development?
Could be that they're not a big studio hence not enough manpower to create more assets.

First 'legitimate' review has been leaked. Jeuxvideo magazine has given it a 15/20 with the only downside being some of the cut scenes interfere with the flow of the game play.

First 'legitimate' review has been leaked. Jeuxvideo magazine has given it a 15/20 with the only downside being some of the cut scenes interfere with the flow of the game play.
Nice!
There's only part of the text... they mostly repeat what we heard so far, it's important to be aware it's basically half gameplay and half cinematic experience, it will be the polarizing factor among reviews. Avoid if you hate cinematics. You'll love it if you enjoy contemplative games. Etc...
Said to avoid if you are allergic to QTE, the reviewer seems to be.
Low replay value, for obvious reasons. They didn't say which difficulty level they played.
The reviewer didn't like the pacing, hence the comment about contemplative games.
Amazing graphics. (duh)
Amazing music and sound effects.
Loved the rich universe and so well directed in details that you can't help wishing you could be there for real.
Great gameplay.

Didn't comment about chromatic aberrations.

Preorder not cancelled. *stamp*

It sucks some people have the french version no VOSTFR. I will change the setting of my console to English and play in English without subtitle.

Back