The Order: 1886

Master Plan phase 1.
I'm going to casually walk into the game store and tell them I'm a journalist. They are supposed to give me a copy.

Master Plan phase 2.
"It's okay, I know Andrea."
"Do you even lift?"

Master Plan phase 3.
Bust in, evade the teenager, and run away with a copy.

B9q4wa-IAAAQIzp.jpg

Last edited:
Saw a bit more, a stealth level, the graphics are through the roof, atmospheric to the max ! Keeps reminding me of Silent Hill in my head.
At this rate I might end up spoiling the whole game for myself, just like I did for Gears of War lol !
Still haven't seen any firefight or lycan ancounter as such. Hope they are frantic.

Gotta stop watching snippets :-x!

duh the wait is annoying for this game. For some reason, Sony dont put it for pre order for my country PSN.

decission...decission...
- Pre-order the disc right now (bloody expensive) and play at 20th or a few days late at max.
- wait for PSN price (can be cheaper, can be more expensive) and stuck downloading for many days.
- wait for the mixed review and can;t decide to buy or not.

There's plenty of discussion regarding the youtube vid going on in the impression thread.
I'm avoiding anything that isn't completely spoiler free until I've made a purchasing decision on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's plenty of discussion regarding the youtube vid going on in the impression thread.
I guess the elephant in the room was too big to ignore, even there.

Well I said debunked to my satisfaction.

But when a RAD spokesman says it's impossible to finish the game in the time that is the duration of the video, you don't think that's debunked sufficiently? Are you saying RAD are being dishonest?
Well, video evidence > PR responses in my book. I do think RAD is being dishonest. If you notice, the person who is being interviewed never refutes any specific length claim. He simply groups them together as "numbers". That way he protects himself against any possible counterclaims.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now, having skimmed through all the walkthrough these are my impressions about the visual side of the game:

+No jaggies.
+Good use of object based motion blur.
+Lighting. The baked lightmaps look great and the volume lighting adds a lot of depth.
+Materials. They nailed pretty much all the surfaces in the game, except skin.

-Particle effects. Fire in particular looks atrocious. Games two generations ago had better fire effects. I'm absolutely serious. Rain was very disappointing as well. Not bad but barely noticeable.
-Faces. The skin shader doesn't hold up in bright lighting conditions and the facial animations seem to be using too few bones so you get very simplistic face deformation when the characters display heavy emotions like anger.
-Lighting inconsistencies. Sometimes the characters lack shadows under direct lighting. It can be jarring but it doesn't happen too often.

The art design and setting reminds me of RE4 a lot. A remake with this engine would be glorious.

Bonus GIF showing off some of the volumetric lighting in the game. No spoilers:

http://i.imgur.com/xssclbu.gif

16356874720_3994179b51_o.jpg

A high quality screen from a guy with a capture card nbnt on GAF. It is not a spoiler visible in a recent trailer. It looks like a concept art.

Last edited:
The game needs more awards in the graphic department ! 4 days to go ! I' m gonna shoot everywhere to see if the Soft Body Physics still holds to what RAD said when the game was revealed.
Gonna watch all the textures etc. Can't wait to see more If they also disclose more techs at GDC this year ?

Back