Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please no aliens. Maybe ND can pull some great disasters in the Indian Ocean this time, like
a tsunami or a crashing plane (no offense here to relatives of MH370) sinking to the bottom
of the ocean.

Of course we already had a sinking boat in UC3.

Next on UC4: sinking train :yep2:

And explosions! And Plot-twists! And Crashing cars! And Crashing Planes! And Upside Boats! And Endless Trains! And Hidden Walls! And Chloe's ass! And more pictures of Sully in Drake's Wallet! And Giant Puzzles! And Lost Cities! And Captures! And Escapes! And Leaps into Waterfalls!

Because it's UNCHARTED :yep2:

Exactly :)

My only hope for this game is that they introduce some open world-ness and bigger areas on this fourth game.

And explosions! And Plot-twists! And Crashing cars! And Crashing Planes! And Upside Boats! And Endless Trains! And Hidden Walls! And Chloe's ass! And more pictures of Sully in Drake's Wallet! And Giant Puzzles! And Lost Cities! And Captures! And Escapes! And Leaps into Waterfalls!

Because it's UNCHARTED :yep2:

I want all of those things just saying :cool:

Just noticed that Drake is the new Chuck Norris.
:LOL:

He's like Nathan Fillion + Chuck Norris combined :)

Not saying much but...

"Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves."

So there will be globe trotting, much more personal means he will have to save blondie and/or the old guy, historical conspiracy means there will be a Helen Mirren or equivalent baddie with an English accent as standard, and... bloody pirates! And what he's willing to sacrifice? In the end he will throw whatever treasure he finds in the sea to save blondie or the old guy.

You heard it here first.

Sounds fun. Bit predictable. First day purchase obvs.

Hope we see plenty of this in all its sun drenched post storm glory.
P1000016.JPG

I would like to see an end to "push forward to advance" non-cutscenes, like the one in U3 where you had to make Drake walk through the desert. It took forever and there was nothing actually game-like about it. And because OMG WE GAVE THE USER CONTROL, it's unskippable.

I would also like see an end to the "ancient city with a single structural weak point that causes it to collapse into the Earth when triggered" thing. That's just stupid, and I'm tired of it.

I guess I shouldn't complain. The last three games have all been the same thing, and I don't much care for that thing, but clearly, millions of people love that thing, so I shouldn't expect it to stop being that.

^ the wandering in the desert part was super memorable. In fact, thats what I remeber the most from UC3. Loved the 'lost' feeling ,provided a good backdrop for the fight ahead. What was actually jarring was the fact that Drake got his super health back with just one swig of water :yep2: ! That is what was immersion breaking and annoying, the desert part was well meaning.

I guess I shouldn't complain. The last three games have all been the same thing, and I don't much care for that thing, but clearly, millions of people love that thing, so I shouldn't expect it to stop being that.
Rgiht. It's a formula that's proven successful so ND probably shouldn't change it. If stupidly oversized constructions resting on remarkably flimsy foundations is what it take to provide the crazy collapsing run-throughs that were so quintessentially Uncharted, that's what they need to add.

What was actually jarring was the fact that Drake got his super health back with just one swig of water :yep2: ! That is what was immersion breaking and annoying, the desert part was well meaning.
I agree. Within the game universe, Drake has his weaknesses, but they're forgotten in an instant. He would have been in no state to fight and they should have provided a little story to allow him time to recover. I think ND's laying it on thick with the problem-after-problem was overdoing it.

I would like to see an end to "push forward to advance" non-cutscenes, like the one in U3 where you had to make Drake walk through the desert. It took forever and there was nothing actually game-like about it. And because OMG WE GAVE THE USER CONTROL, it's unskippable.
The only thing I remember from MGS4 is the radiation hallway, it made me feel physical pain while snake was melting. :LOL:

That was a very rare thing in Uncharted series, and as far as I remember it was quite short and cutscene dominated the majority of that portion.
^ the wandering in the desert part was super memorable. In fact, thats what I remeber the most from UC3. Loved the 'lost' feeling ,provided a good backdrop for the fight ahead. What was actually jarring was the fact that Drake got his super health back with just one swig of water :yep2: ! That is what was immersion breaking and annoying, the desert part was well meaning.
I believe part of the lore is that Nate is part camel and stores water in his majestic hair, at least that's what I've heard...

UC3 was nice, but forgettable with imo noticeable lack of polish, wrt to the story as well as to the graphics (the scenes with young Drake walking around the museum had so hefty aliasing due to the low res transparent sunlight effects that it even looked ugly).

I hope that they substantially improve for UC4, to reestablish the high quality of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back