Forza 5 [XO] *large pics inside*

Ah, the Corvette Z06 is a very nice car :), but unfortunately for the average Norwegian it's a dream car few can afford :( (on Norway's largest used car site there is one 2011 model for sale and it cost just north of 250 000 usd. Hooray for Norwegian car tax :rolleyes:)

There were quite a few MP12-4c on the ring this year, so it wasn't to special ;-)
The most unique car at the ring this year was a bright orange Gumpert Apollo, quite the spectacle that car :)

Spa is most definitely on my "bucket list", hoping I get to do both The Ring and Spa on one trip sometime.

Yeah the MP4-12c itself isn't what I was jealous was.

It was being able to track Spa!

That norwegian car tax is ridiculous! sorry to hear that :(

Nice!!! And it's for free. It's quite impressive the amount of work done behind this track.

13000 hours work by 30 artists. :oops:

Downloading it tonight.

Not spent on the road surface though, I presume, or at least it looks nothing like what I remember - we don't have a climate for that type of ... look. And those god-rays ... Let me know if they at least left out the blinding light spots that killed the track for me in the last Forza?

Great that it is free and out now though!

Still reeling from my first couple laps. For a game, far and away best version of The Ring ever. Played them all. Amazing.

Not spent on the road surface though, I presume, or at least it looks nothing like what I remember - we don't have a climate for that type of ... look. And those god-rays ... Let me know if they at least left out the blinding light spots that killed the track for me in the last Forza?

Great that it is free and out now though!

Nothing blinding, but the shade in spots has made miss a braking point.

Now I am really having fun with the F1 circuit, it does feel good. The ring I only made a few laps in the P1, really need to tune that car to have a good go. Floated off a few corners, so the base setup is crap. I need to actually turn on the track map, it will take me a bit to memorize this enough to run without it.

Overall, looks great. I need to go find PGR and play the ring again on there to see if it really compares to how I remember it.

Nice driving
Infineon/Sonoma is one of my favourite tracks in Forza 4, just to bad it's not on this side of the pond (Europe) because it's a track I would have liked to drive in real life.

Yeah, I think a GPS Booster is a good investment if you do a lot of track days. I have bought a Dual XGPS160 (10Hz update rate compared to the 1Hz update rate on the iPhone). Going to be fun to see the difference next time I'm at The Ring. (Maybe later this year or definitely next year)

Btw, what car are you driving? Looks like a fast on :)

Have you had any issues with the xgps not working?

I was at the track Thursday, turned on the xgps, it connected via Bluetooth to the iPhone but harrys said cannot lock onto gps coordinates.

The stock gps gets more and more inaccurate as I go faster so it'd be good to my xgps working :(

Have you had any issues with the xgps not working?

I was at the track Thursday, turned on the xgps, it connected via Bluetooth to the iPhone but harrys said cannot lock onto gps coordinates.

The stock gps gets more and more inaccurate as I go faster so it'd be good to my xgps working :(

I have not had a chance to use my XGPS with Harry's yet, but there is some issues with iOS 7.1 and 7.1.1. Read more here http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2214
Note, the issues should be fixed in iOS 7.1.2.

Thanks for the link.

I'm on 7.1.2 and it did not work. :(

Going to Return the unit for now and wait for a definitive fix since I don't have a trackday lined up for atleast 2 months.

Have you read this?
http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1628

More specifically this part.
NB: Early tests with iOS7 show a minor flaw I will fix with Dual soon: the XGP160 needs to be turned on and connected when LapTimer is started / restarted. In case you have issues getting LapTimer and the XGPS160 connected, please just exit LapTimer, make sure the XGPS160 is connected to the iPhone, and start LapTimer again. This problem does not occur in an iOS7 / XGPS150 combination.

I just did a test with mine, and it connects to Harry's with no problems. Getting 10Hz update rate.

First car from the future Formula E competition in Forza Motorsport 5, the Spark-Renault SRT_01E will be featured in the game.

http://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/formula-e-car-stars-in-top-selling-video-game/

formula-e-formula-e-featured-in-forza-motorsport-2014-the-spark-renault-srt-01e-to-be-feat.jpg

So this Forza n00b needs some quick tips and tricks.

I am having fun, totally different experience compared to GT6, not a VS thing!, but a different thing, i like this game very much and i enjoy having something to drive again :)

So about those cars, i have a few, but it seems that there is events where i can get free cars handed to me. Any tips on where to find those easily? Or simply tips on getting cars cheap? :)

Is every DLC pack included in the game as something that i can buy for Credits and Tokens?
Or do i have to buy them with real money, and when i do that will they be in my garage or do i still need to buy them with CR and TK?

And why Credits and Tokens, why not just credits?

Other observations, slow loads.. sigh, why? Annoying voice overs that can´t be skipped.

But a great and fun game that is absolutely recommend.

Have you read this?
http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1628

More specifically this part.

I just did a test with mine, and it connects to Harry's with no problems. Getting 10Hz update rate.

Finally got my XGPS150A working and the laptime is awesome now! speeds are finally accurate which helps are lot when looking at where to improve.

In other news within took down The TT1 club racing record :D Looking to do time trials next year and hoping to take down the TT3 time next time I'm out. (that's the rabbit I'm chasing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8xNmOHoYno

Back