Gran Turismo 6

Where is that setting?
All I could find was button mappings in the DFP setup.

It's a more general setting, that applies to something like five wheels at once. I'll look it up when I'm fed up with coding (which may take a while ;) )

Doh! Been playing on armature, let's see what sim can do...

Sent from my phone so please excuse my post if it makes no sense.

I have a question I am wondering who here has equipped their PS3 with an ssd drive for GT6 or also GT5.

What capacity and brand do you have...I noticed some have come down in price for last year and recently retailed brands.

Also bit off but I am offline here how many updates will I have missed (I got GT5XL for that reason and still missed a lot of content) I find it a bit frustrating that there was no USA collector edition for GT6.

Will be getting this very soon thanks.

It's a more general setting, that applies to something like five wheels at once. I'll look it up when I'm fed up with coding (which may take a while ;) )

After setting the wheel to the 'simulation' setting, I felt subtle changes to the M3 CLS, however the C63 felt much more lively and rewarding. However since then I've tried an original Viper and a V8 Esprit which both felt too easy to drive fast. I rechecked the wheel settings you mentioned and when selecting the simulation level (arcade, pro, sim) only the bottom 3 wheels were highlighted. These are the wheels with blue bit on them and do not look like the DFP. When I dropped down to the other options on the screen; force feedback level and power assistance, the previously selected wheels became greyed out and the other (5) wheels became selected (including what looks like the DFP). This suggests to me that maybe the simulation setting doesn't have any effect on the DFP (or the other wheels selected; I assume DFGT and G25/27).

Has anyone played around with the settings and compared them?

EDIT: Just looked on GT Planet and it seems the Simulation level is only for the low end wheels without 900degree rotation, so the effect on the C63 was the placebo effect, or maybe something to do with upping the FFB level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there, i'm new here, and i'm huge GT series fan. I played GT6 since release date, but few days ago i decided to play GT5 with my friend who does not have GT6 yet. I have played few hours, and I'm really surprised how GT5 looks compared to GT6. Here are few comparison screenshots i took:

1jpg_eheaaps.jpg

2jpg_eheaapq.jpg

3jpg_eheaahx.jpg

4jpg_eheaahw.jpg

I was shocked. GT5 looks so much better, i didn't know that when playing GT6 constantly. Everywhere on the internet were this articles that praise GT6 graphics etc... but when i went to some night racing in GT5, when i taken this shots i just realized that GT6 is graphical downgrade.

So, what do you think?

Am i the only one that thinks GT6 may actually be streaming some of the assets from the harddrive, maybe even the Blu-Ray disc? There is a distinct delay/black screen when you switch cars. And there is without any doubt Blu-Ray disc activity when time and lightning changes. It's especially noteable on some of the tracks/races where time is advancing fast. And it's not music that is streaming from the Disc.

Baked?

I recently sold my gt5 disc, but I did race on same tracks on both to chk and gt6 looked better in all regards to me, especially in lighting n geometry. The only major blemish on gt6 is that the shwdow maps sometimes get very jagged int he environment during tod changes.

Hello there, i'm new here, and i'm huge GT series fan. I played GT6 since release date, but few days ago i decided to play GT5 with my friend who does not have GT6 yet. I have played few hours, and I'm really surprised how GT5 looks compared to GT6. Here are few comparison screenshots i took:

I was shocked. GT5 looks so much better, i didn't know that when playing GT6 constantly. Everywhere on the internet were this articles that praise GT6 graphics etc... but when i went to some night racing in GT5, when i taken this shots i just realized that GT6 is graphical downgrade.

So, what do you think?

GT5 uses the sharper and so much better 4xMSAA when GT6 uses the blurry Quincunx + MLAA + heavy dose of Depth of field.

720p 4xMSAA >> upscaled 1440*1080p Quincunx + MLAA.

The perceived resolution is better with native 720p MSAA than heavily blurred 1080p-ish. Digital foundry did an article about it.

the 720p presentation [In GT5] utilised ultra-clean 4x MSAA multisampling to provide a quite superb presentation
That's why I am currently playing to GT5, not GT6. Gran turismo games has always be realistic sharp games and in that sense GT5 is better than GT6.

I was very dissapointed to see that GT6 has full healights effects only for car I drive. After experiencing excellent nighttime lightning effects in pCARS, GT6 felt really lacking in that area.

Does anyone else think that the trees look like shit in the latest update? I tried it in 3D and it was even worse.

Back