Gran Turismo 6

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...bull-x-challenge-goes-live-today/#more-160875

Bunch of new stuff incoming. I read elsewhere that Andretti's first car should be in the game soon, and now there are two additional Red Bull challenges that will be unlocked this week, the consecutive logon bonus from GT5 makes its return, there are some special Seasonal events that win you cars and special credits bonusses, and those who took part in the GT Academy this year will get the GT-R that Yamauchi drove in the 24h Nurburgring event.

And if you need cash...

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
From 20 December 2013 3:00AM GMT to 17 January 2014 3:00AM GMT the Seasonal Events will host a special bonus event. If you obtain a Gold award in all events, the credits reward will add up to 3,000,000 credits, and combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, this can multiply to a maximum 6,000,000 credits!

Furthermore, a second bonus event is planned to be held from 2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM. Again, this event will allow you to win up to 6,000,000 credits when combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, so if you participate in both special events you could earn up to 12,000,000 credits!

Oh yes! At last some events that pay well, I got back to 2 million in no time, everything in the game got a boost in rewards :D

The Peugeot 905B is extremely good, it's better than the 787B Stealth for the very technical races, only 750kg and it can upgrade to 715pp. I consistently do below 8 minutes every time on nurburgring nordschliefe with it. I could do it with the 787B but it was much less forgiving of mistakes and I had at least one accident per race.

Which one is real and which is game???
The first photo is totally photorealistic, incredible stuff. The second one... almost, if it weren't for small things like the little empty space sinking in the door lacking depth compared to the actual photo. Still both are nice, although I prefer the first.

And Redbull Karts :D
I wonder if you mean actual Redbull karts or the Redbull X1 prototype. If it is the later I wouldn't recommend to use a car like that except for the fun but not a prolonged fun, just in small doses.

I got used to the F1 car in Forza 5 a couple of weeks ago and going back to "earthly" cars afterwards was a pita til I got the handle of them again, I was always braking late and things like that.

I wonder if you mean actual Redbull karts or the Redbull X1 prototype. If it is the later I wouldn't recommend to use a car like that except for the fun but not a prolonged fun, just in small doses.
There are Redbull karts now. And the Redbull X2014 Junior, and later the X2014 Standard (without the fan) and then finally the full-on X2014.

But seeing as you can just buy the X2011 straight up, I don't see what all the fuss is about if you wanted the car.

Wow, that red bull junior car is a really fun car. Also, I got owned in it. Only got 7th in the first championship race ... :D Really have to get used to the downforce of that car, allowing very high corner speeds, but the AI car is certainly not slow either.

I had some trouble with the final race of the kart championship too, came in fourth and got shared first in the end. I'm not great on that track yet.

Finished that Red Bull Junior thing in 4th, two wins, a last place, etc. Definitely not a walkover. All races had standing starts, which is the first race I've been in that has them. Cool, went quite smooth actually.

Now have 2.5million to spend.

I haven't played much, just got done with B-licenses, but GoodWood is still locked. When does it open up?

Goodwood Hill climb, a short track on a fairly tight road that doesn't really climb. It's 3 different cars you have to race and get under a certain time, based on the car of course. When you complete the 3 challenges it opens up 3 more, afaik there is 4 sets in all.

It's great to compare the different cars on this track the rally car feels right at home while the modern supercar that is big fat and heavy feels like a caged animal with no room to roar :)

Aynone noticed New Year music in the menus? ;)

Mercedes Vision GT will be real http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/06/mercedes-amg-vision-gran-turismo-production-rebodied-sls/
More xmas news;

Mario Andretti's 1948 Hudson Hornet -I had never heard of this car before- is now available

11448228445_08849dafab.jpg

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/12/19/mario-andretti-s-1948-hudson-races-into-gran-turismo-6

Heh heh, opened the door to find my son waiting eagerly beside my GT25. I had packed it away in the trunk, and forgot about it.

Took 2 hours to download GT6 from PS Store. Another 15 minutes to patch to 1.02.

A young driver shall be born tonight !

It took me 1 hour to download, 5 minutes to patch it, but the install took 4,5 hours! Wasn't that an issue for you?

I wonder how you manage to download that much in one hour :) Max speed I have here on ps3 is 8-9mbit/s, and it looks like there is a 8mbit per connection cap. Because when I download from the same server using PC and several connections the speed is increasing proportionally.

All PS3 installs are pretty slow in my experience. The PS4 is quite a contrast from the PS3 in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we fired up GT6, there was yet another mini-install that took less than a minute. :)

The longest install I have seen was the Eye of Judgment new card packs (I vaguely remember someone reported 12 hours). It didn't take that long for me (May be 1-2 hours ?).

We have a happy driver in my living room since last night.

I read that slow install could be due to low hdd space.

Ah, that is interesting! Could be it, had to clean up space before and cleaned just about enough.

EDIT: Just unlocked S-Class ... didn't nearly do all the events yet, but I'm at just over 50% completion and can now get the last five golds. Really bed time now though.

Back