Gran Turismo 6

GT6 is definitely a more refined game than GT5. ^_^

Better shadow, lighting and overall flow and presentation.

It's also a good way to have my kid wash the car for me. :p

EDIT: Can you still share or gift cars in GT6, like in GT5 ?

The Le Mans overtaking mission in the classic race cars is very nice.

As for wheels, my old Driving Force Pro is holding up nicely, thankfully.

IB Missions now all done ... really nice, loved the F40 one and the Muira one was nice as well, though the chasing Lambo could be a bit aggresive at times. Did help me to push certain corners harder though! A green Elise Race Car as a bonus. Nice, always liked that car!

Just did a 42.6 on that F40 one you loved, these missions are breaking my .. well breaking something, holy crap. The IA Missions are exceptional "fun" suddenly GOLD is not always the goal :)

The more i play this game the harder i find it to understand some of the reviews out there..

Got to the final GT championship in IA. The race at spa looked spectacular, early morning sun just over trees casting long shadows on the track and the cars with their light on, crazy.

I bought the sauber Mercedes Le mans car, threw the biggest turbo on and won the championship. Now for the super license :)

Ah, that is interesting! Could be it, had to clean up space before and cleaned just about enough.

EDIT: Just unlocked S-Class ... didn't nearly do all the events yet, but I'm at just over 50% completion and can now get the last five golds. Really bed time now though.

How hard did you have to fight for the license test, it's killing me getting bronze on some of these.. Hard mode enabled :)

I got all golds on S test pretty easily. So far I've cleared half of S races, all golds also.

I got bronze and it was everything but easy! Did my first s class race, placed 15, ran out of fuel, drove half the race in rain with racing soft, Ohh and also wore those down. But it's ok, those races i am not so worried about :)

The s test that really gave me problems was the Bugatti veyron, new track and fat and heavy car, that was a real challenge.

I got all golds on S test pretty easily. So far I've cleared half of S races, all golds also.

They're not all walkovers though - most of the licences have been very easy for me, but the ones on the new tracks, especially Ascari and Brand's Hatch, are tough for me - I don't know the tracks well enough yet. But I skipped a lot of the races that could have remedied that situation ... ;)

Tried a first S race though, the one on Suzuka (a track I'm very comfortable with). I settled for a one stop strategy with Normal tires, and won by 6 seconds using a stock Castrol Tom's Supra.

They're not all walkovers though - most of the licences have been very easy for me, but the ones on the new tracks, especially Ascari and Brand's Hatch, are tough for me - I don't know the tracks well enough yet. But I skipped a lot of the races that could have remedied that situation ... ;)

Tried a first S race though, the one on Suzuka (a track I'm very comfortable with). I settled for a one stop strategy with Normal tires, and won by 6 seconds using a stock Castrol Tom's Supra.

Basically the same 2 tracks that got me, and with big heavy powerful cars.. It doesn't help at all :)

I only have bronze on all S licenses. :cry: Playing with a DS3 there's no way I'm capable of reaching gold in any of them. Same for the 125cc Kart races on tiny circuits in iA and iB, which are the only stars I'm missing.

But I got gold in all the S races rather easily though, once I found a good car for them and a good pit strategy. The hardest for me were the 24min Le Mans and Ascari.

I won with these...

- Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (for Willow Spring)
- Nissan R390 Road Car (for Ascari, huge downforce available for a normal car)
- Peugeot 905B (maxed out, for 750pp races)
- Peugeot 905B (downtuned to 650pp for rainy races)
- Zonda R (650pp, for dry races, Brands Hatch was easy with Racing Soft and 2 pit stops)

The new M4 interior and Toyota FT-1 look splendid.
1523570_732682986751194_1047147340_o.jpg

1518606_732683073417852_686788038_o.jpg

I only have bronze on all S licenses. :cry: Playing with a DS3 there's no way I'm capable of reaching gold in any of them. Same for the 125cc Kart races on tiny circuits in iA and iB, which are the only stars I'm missing.

But I got gold in all the S races rather easily though, once I found a good car for them and a good pit strategy. The hardest for me were the 24min Le Mans and Ascari.

I won with these...

- Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (for Willow Spring)
- Nissan R390 Road Car (for Ascari, huge downforce available for a normal car)
- Peugeot 905B (maxed out, for 750pp races)
- Peugeot 905B (downtuned to 650pp for rainy races)
- Zonda R (650pp, for dry races, Brands Hatch was easy with Racing Soft and 2 pit stops)

Yep the DS3 is a challenge when it starts getting hard , working my way through the S races myself, still having huge amounts of fun..

Thoughts so far

I’ve been playing GT6 for a few weeks now, and just reached Int B, all races for the 3 previous categories are gold (apart from 2 series in the National A which looked boring; karts and Italian shopping cars), all licenses gold and gold in all Goodwood events available apart from the RedBull nutter machine. I’m using my trusty old Driving Force Pro, all aids off except, ABS set to 1.

I wish you could set the car settings once and it would apply to all cars (maybe you can?), for some reason TC always defaults to 5, it’s annoying having to change this for every new car, every new event and every test.

I’m still not sure what to make of the game, some aspects of it are brilliant and others are just so annoying (to me at least).

Are there any simulation or physics settings aside from the driver controls available from each event? I couldn’t find anything when I looked.

Here are a few of my thoughts so far…

The handling is much better than GT5, now the standard tyres have a better balance and can offer a real sense of fun and achievement rather than frustration of GT5’s constant understeer and squeal. The cars also seem much more easy to slide and catch, again attributed largely to the tyres, but also the cars seem much better balanced and less prone to the horrendous lift off oversteer some cars has in 5.

The interface is also much slicker, less time loading screens and less pointless screens to load. I also like a lot of the shortcuts they’ve built into the interface. However a few annoyances remain, for example; when doing license tests, why do I have to reverse back out to the top level to select the next license, why isn’t there a next test icon like when you are racing in a championship?

I love the fact your friends best times appear on the license tests, I have found the ghost cars is too opaque and if behind it get’s in the way bit I really like the ghost line feature, and having your friends lines running in real time as you complete the tests is great.

Arcade style ‘racing’ is getting tedious, I have yet to have a single decent race. I usually try and race with a car well under the max pp points for a race as to increase the challenge. But even then I find you are only really racing 1st place and all the cars in between are just mobile chicains. All the AI cars have ridiculously low apex speeds and seem able to accelerate faster than possible in some circumstances, in order to achieve ‘close’ racing due to rubber banding.
I’ve also tried using (very fast in a straight line) cars with the max pp points allowed, and still get mullered on the straights by much slower cars when in first place, even when I’ve had good drive off the previous corner. I can only hope when you progress to the higher tiers things get better, in that the AI actually get much better and don’t pull away by miles at the start. I find myself really missing the ‘dumb’ AI of R Factor. For a game branded as a sim, it is very poor not to be able to have a proper race, even if it was offered as an option, keep the field bunched up but make all the AI cars actually race you and have decent pace. I’ve had a few of the AI cars try and be aggressive and prevent me from passing, but it just becomes frustrating as they are like backmarkers holding up a leader, it’s just futile, you’ll get them into the next corner, it just gives the leader more chance to get away. This again makes no sense as on lap 1 the leaders seems to be able to lap at furious pace as they build their lead only to somehow become cack handed noobs by laps 2-3 when you suddenly real them in and overtake around the outside of a corner as they display comedy apex speeds. This ultimately devalues the achievement of the win. That said there is something compelling in the grind, although as stated in my first sentence on this, my enthusiasm is starting to wane. It’s a long time since a bought GT5, but I don’t recall the racing in any previous GT games feeling quite this artificial.

On the plus side the pp ratings seem to be well balanced with only a couple of races where my car is nowhere near fast enough and no instances were it simply romps to victory with laps to spare.

I still think the cars are too compliant but much improved over 5, you can still over take on the grass around the ring without killing yourself or power out of some corners on the dust outside the track without seemingly affecting your traction. This does seem specific to the track limits as on track high BHP cars such as the AMG C63 can easily deploy a smoke screen exiting even high speed corners, which most certainly do affect traction and bearing.

Maybe because most of it is so good the annoyances are more glaring?

If you have Driving Force Pro, did you switch on the Simulation Steering setting? It makes quite a difference. I drove without it for a while having initially forgotten to turn that on myself.

If you have Driving Force Pro, did you switch on the Simulation Steering setting? It makes quite a difference. I drove without it for a while having initially forgotten to turn that on myself.

Where is that setting?
All I could find was button mappings in the DFP setup.

Back