MS ensures this gen and next gen dominance

Online ordering takes longer than ordering by phone. I mean who doesn't have papa john's on speed dial?

Papa Johns, Dominoes and Pizza Hut are all prefab, kid pizza. Good pizza is almost always a small local place tending toward New York or Chicago style depending upon your tastes. Here in the Cincinnati area Dewey's Pizza is the best with Aponte's (New York) being second.

Hey, but most of those other brands can be ordered with a variety of trans-fat laden "dipping sauces"

[shudder]

In the UK, I've heard of Pizza Hut spoken of as a cheap brand. Pizza Express is the preferred eat-out pizza place, and Papa Johns and Dominoes and the like are preferred take out pizzas AFAIK. I'm not a big pizza eater - biggest rip-off take-away in the world, a bit of bread and cheese and charging as much as other more complex foods.

Any pizza that's delivered is always shit. They use the worst low-grade oily cheese and the sauce is almost ketchup. The only way to eat it is to find a real sit-down pizza place that isn't catering to five-year-old children. So, not Pizza Hut.

Why do Americans refer to pizza as pizza pies? Pizza looks nothing like a pie, it has to covering crust etc and it's not like there's other things that 'pizza' by itself can refer to to necessitate that 'pie' added on as a qualifier.

Just seems like unneccessary (and strange) verbiage to me.

Ever heard of sweet potato or pumpkin pie? There are a ton of pies that have no crust covering.

It's a baked dish with a pastry base, so pizzas fall rather conveniently under the definition of pie.

I ate some Pizza Hut once as a small kid. Didn't think it was a real pizza. If you want a crap pizza, buy from the frozen aisle it will be cheaper.

Also, pizza is great, it's of course overpriced but there's worse stuff to eat. I remember one with nice shrooms ;)

It's not expensive, but it's not the cheapest pizza either. Here's a bit of personal trivia: I used to work at Pizza Hut for about a year while I was in college. I was a cook & I gained so much weight! LOL It's still one of my favorite pizzas, but I like Papa Johns as much if not more. Unfortunately, I live in a small rural town & neither are close enough for delivery. BTW, we have a Papa Murphy's. They have been around awhile, but it's just now getting to our area. It's a "take & bake" pizza & they make these stuffed pizzas that look like pies with the extra layer of dough & toppings on top. I think I will finally have to try it out. ;)

Tommy McClain
This means there will be more overweight people in the USA. There was a time when I ate a lot of pizza to increase my weight, and it helped slightly, but I am kind of naturally slender, long arms and legs, it didn't work that much -I am european btw-.

Mass Effect fat. This reminds me of the youtube phenomenon Francis: "My name is Francis. This is my Xbox. And this is my axe." :smile:

Any pizza that's delivered is always shit. They use the worst low-grade oily cheese and the sauce is almost ketchup. The only way to eat it is to find a real sit-down pizza place that isn't catering to five-year-old children. So, not Pizza Hut.

Agreed.

Ever heard of sweet potato or pumpkin pie? There are a ton of pies that have no crust covering.

It's a baked dish with a pastry base, so pizzas fall rather conveniently under the definition of pie.

Actually, to use "technical therms", pies without crust are called Tart or Crostata.
And, trust me, you should not say pizza pie.

get over the pie thing :) :

"In Byzantine Greek, the word was spelled πίτα, pita, or πίττα, pitta, meaning pie. "

with oculus rift and kinect/razer hydra/Leap/Wii Remote...

beyond 3d now known as Beyond 3D Cooking :p

btw does "real pizza" really taste a lot better than "premade pizza" like Pizza Hut? The only "real pizza" i ever ate are the pizzas that my grandmother made :/

Come on now, this thread has proven to be way more useful than any next gen rumor thread.

here here LOL Though it reminds me of how deprived I am of really good pizza. I'm thinking a road trip is in order this weekend.

Tommy McClain

Interactive ads are coming. When the TV serves an ad, the set top box can fire off the ad game, possibly to a tablet. Viewers can order the pizza while TV continues to play (or pauses like TiVo).

You should be able to find patents on this sort of ads from the console vendors (and probably Google too). Naturally, they can be played over the web (e.g., via YouTube or BD-Live).

Why don't you order from the good place then?

Back