Nintendo Conference

Something I'm more interrested in though is controller battery life & price. It certainly doesn't look like your average 50 dollar controller (even if in reality it probably doesnt even take 10 bucks to build a normal controller)

I would think it's at least $50+

And I would guess that each system comes with one WiiU controller and maybe another wiimote+nunchuk or a classic controller. That way you can "share the tv" or whatever and have the opportunity to play special games tailored to the controller. I'm guessing only a few games will have the option for using multiple WiiU controllers.

There's a ton of possibilities with using the WiiU controller especially for like sports games and puzzle games but they probably would only need one player to be using it. Plus of course a lot of Nintendo's bread and butter is singleplayer games like Zelda and Mario.

Don't know actually, not sure who would be doing re-runs of it. Anyway, I really want to see some of those demo's/games in better quality, loved the look of the bird demo, but it was pretty blocky on my stream at times.

So all you guys still want to bet me it's RV770 in that thing? :LOL:

No chance, RV730 just like I said if you're LUCKY.

So all you guys still want to bet me it's RV770 in that thing? :LOL:

No chance, RV730 just like I said if you're LUCKY.

Based on, let me guess, blurry streams of some third party ports? Seriously man, take a break..

We know its more powerful then 360/PS3, but we still don't know by how much.

Last edited by a moderator:
....can't Sony do the same thing with PSV and PS3? Sony is going to copy-cat-it, easily.

Technically yes, but price point may be too high. Also the shape and weight of Vita may be a little awkward (Too thick).

If Sony wants to do a ecosystem like this, they may have to config the "cluster" of controllers and processors differently (Back to my Cell rack wish ! :LOL:)

....can't Sony do the same thing with PSV and PS3? Sony is going to copy-cat-it, easily.
Actually I want MS to copy and improve it with a "pad station" for windows phones :devilish:

Actually I want MS to copy it, a "pad station" for windows phones :devilish:

You can use any touchscreen phones and tablets. ^_^

EDIT: No news on OnLive-style gaming ? It was in the rumor. Think it should fit well with Nintendo's strategy to fend off Apple's low cost gaming.

The live feed I watched (gamespy, I think) was in HD and from what I could tell, the bird pond demo was something a lot better than anything I've seen for X360 or PS3.

Model and post-processing quality reminded me of ATI's bug demo.
Also, when the sakuras start flourishing, there's quite a lot of geometry going in there, everything without hiccups and maintaining the post-processing effects.
Even if that was 720p, I seriously doubt it could be done using a RV730, unless it's really high-clocked.

Based on, let me guess, blurry streams of some third party ports? Seriously man, take a break..

Who wants to bet with you by the way?

Nobody, but in the Wii 2 thread there were several people pretty obstinate seemingly assuming that it was going to be nothing less than an RV770 when I ventured my strong guess at a RV730, with possible upside if we were lucky to a 740, after taking a careful look at the R700 line in accordance with the rumors. Other people also defended as realistic those supposed leaked specs such as 1.5 GB RAM, 16MB EDRAM, etc.

Looking at the size of the console itself (yeah I know, cue that can easily fit a 770 and 25GB of RAM too) and whatever supposed snippets of the visuals shown, it definitely so far looks on the (very) low end of power expectations to me. Very close to 360. Though dont get me wrong, it's still too early to say anything for certain.

Very disappointing.

Looks like I will be skipping Nintendo's offering.

My PC build later this year will last me until the 360/PS3 replacements come out. Nintendo is aiming to be on par with a console in it's 6th year. Embarrassing.

Nobody, but in the Wii 2 thread there were several people pretty obstinate seemingly assuming that it was going to be nothing less than an RV770 when I ventured my strong guess at a RV730, with possible upside if we were lucky to a 740, after taking a careful look at the R700 line in accordance with the rumors. Other people also defended as realistic those supposed leaked specs such as 1.5 GB RAM, 16MB EDRAM, etc.

Looking at the size of the console itself (yeah I know, cue that can easily fit a 770 and 25GB of RAM too) and whatever supposed snippets of the visuals shown, it definitely so far looks on the (very) low end of power expectations to me. Very close to 360. Though dont get me wrong, it's still too early to say anything for certain.

Very disappointing.

WHoa, the console looks too tiny to be more powerful than PS3/360 !!!!

The pictures don't give is a good-enough notion of perception to compare the size with the Wii. Besides, we don't really know if that's just a representative mockup since they never focused the console, only the U-mote.

Furthermore, with the console being launched after March 2012 gives them enough time to use GF's 32nm or TSMC's 28nm for the CPU and GPU, so a 1 billion transistor GPU + 300million CPU (at most?) wouldn't be that big or power consuming.

The new Metro game seemed to retain most of the first game's visuals. I don't think that'd be feasible in a RV730, even for 720p.

It's still to early to call off a "disappointing" at this stage.

The live feed I watched (gamespy, I think) was in HD and from what I could tell, the bird pond demo was something a lot better than anything I've seen for X360 or PS3.

Model and post-processing quality reminded me of ATI's bug demo.
Also, when the sakuras start flourishing, there's quite a lot of geometry going in there, everything without hiccups and maintaining the post-processing effects.
Even if that was 720p, I seriously doubt it could be done using a RV730, unless it's really high-clocked.

Yeah, I didn't buy it. It looked a little too good.

And I would guess that each system comes with one WiiU controller and maybe another wiimote+nunchuk or a classic controller. That way you can "share the tv" or whatever and have the opportunity to play special games tailored to the controller. I'm guessing only a few games will have the option for using multiple WiiU controllers.
According to the press release: "Each Wii U console will be partnered with a new controller and can also use up to four additional Wii Remote™ or Wii Remote Plus controllers."

Based on this I'd say that you can only connect one new controller (UMote?). Additional players use the existing controllers.

the one tech demo with the bird was barely impressive from what i saw. The following game reels could have been from 360/PS3 and you wouldn't be able to tell...

Back