Ryse: Son of Rome [XO]

:oops: I would wholeheartedly recommend watching this 1080p video to anyone interested in the game. It's just looks crazy, you can discern some details that went unnoticed in the Youtube videos despite them being HD too. Amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I pre-ordered Ryse yesterday at Game and they offer you a T-shirt for free with your pre-order, which is a plus, a neat detail. (I only have a Gears of War t-shirt when it comes to videogames)

Here is a picture of the T-shirt. I am going to look so fancy I can tell.

094938.jpg

Old build:
http://i.minus.com/i6bIl6rugRnpQ.jpg

New build:
http://i2.minus.com/iUNi68nr9Pst8.jpg
Outstanding upgrade.

Trailer in 1080p and 15mbps
http://news.xbox.com/~/media/Images...VIDOC_1_FINAL_1080p2997_ST_H264_15000kbps.mp4

Shots, could be direct feed with amount of blur going on them.

Yesh ! So good to see Cryengine actually getting proper AAA treatment outside of Crysis.:cool: Gonna download it right now.

BTW, this guy here reminds me of my favourite Asterix comics : These Romans must be crazy ! :yep2: Tap! Tap ! Tap ! :LOL:
jrL88E32WGHEC.png

personally I would want this kindof colour scheme, instead of standard Cryengine day colours:
5v7k.png

Just changed some colour balance in PS. To me its more appealing.

Btw, this guy is much less detailed than Marius, the first guy to look "videogamey", manily because of his clothes... but in motion his flesh looks superb.

Yesh ! So good to see Cryengine actually getting proper AAA treatment outside of Crysis.:cool: Gonna download it right now.

BTW, this guy here reminds me of my favourite Asterix comics : These Romans must be crazy ! :yep2: Tap! Tap ! Tap ! :LOL:
jrL88E32WGHEC.png

personally I would want this kindof colour scheme, instead of standard Cryengine day colours:
5v7k.png

Btw, this guy is much less detailed than Marius, the first guy to look "videogamey", manily because of his clothes... but in motion his flesh looks superb.
Nice touch and it says a lot about Crytek's evolution when it comes to art, whether you add a minimal touch or not, it still looks great either way. In fact, this game looks superior to Crysis 3 to me because of the lighting and shaders.

Additionally, Crytek have confirmed that everything in the trailer is running in realtime:

mrhB5E7.png

Remember where Ryse will be rendered, on dirty cheap 6bit TV panels with limited luminance range. It's really difficult to make a pleasing cross-section through that low quality sh*t.

In general the good thing with CryEngine is, that you can use sort of "filmic profiles" which are LUTs to map the rendered frame towards the look you want of it in the end. It's like the 14bit 3D color lookup table in $2k monitors from Eizo.

Just looked at the latest trailer and this has some of the best armor and skin shaders I've seen yet in a real time engine. Reminds me of the first time I saw Mass Effect's dialog animations and thought nothing on Xbox or PS2 could do this. The mouth animations look wierd but that's a problem many games have.

There is a little screen tearing on that panning scene but if tearing really bothers people, just buy an R-Sync monitor when it eventually comes out in a few years and that'll fix it.

If this game plays well and is fun (haven't seen real gameplay yet), and it sells well, I'm sure the sequel will have 1080p to appease the naysayers and probably not even look perceptibly sharper.

I can't believe a kinect rail game was modified to show us what next gen is capable of. And I like...just have to see the real gameplay...because graphic is secondary to gameplay.

I can't believe a kinect rail game was modified to show us what next gen is capable of. And I like...just have to see the real gameplay...because graphic is secondary to gameplay.

Actually game went through total development hell. Its actually quite amazing what they've achieved in less than 2 years after all those troubles.

RYSE:
  • hardcore pc fantasy mmo called Kingdoms (you can find concepts on the net)
  • pc coop third person fantasy rpg
  • console coop third person fantasy action rpg
  • console coop first person fantasy action rpg (Crytek shows the project to Microsoft and Sony)
  • console coop first person melee combat focused fantasy rpg
  • console coop first person melee combat focused fantasy action game (project is signed by Microsoft)
  • console first person melee combat focused action game set in rome (1st E3 announcement under the name - Codename: Kingdoms)
  • next gen console first person melee combat focused action game
  • next gen console first person melee combat focused action game with kinect (2nd E3 announcement under the name - RYSE)
Reboot: moving the project from one studio to another
  • next gen console third person combat focused action game with both controller and kinect controls
  • next gen console third person action game (3rd E3 announcement)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=83468417&postcount=70

Do you mean as in exaggerated or slightly out of audio sync? Just curious since that's the feedback I get. It's still a day one purchase for me, but that is what's off for me when I see Ryse media.

If you compare the mouth movements of the characters with anything you see in a movie or film, it looks exaggerated or just not right. The syncing is okay for the most part.

If you compare the mouth movements of the characters with anything you see in a movie or film, it looks exaggerated or just not right. The syncing is okay for the most part.

Yeah this has always been the main problem with CG and I think it's because you can't really do motion capture down to that level of resolution yet.

I think this is anew video:

Again from the Arena mode, gameplay is not my kind at all. where are all the SP footage Mr. Yerli ?? I think that goes for all launch titles....wheres dem footages to drool over :mad: ???

Cryengine 4 tech demo. I really like the procedural GPGPU weather system tech at the end of the video...very cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have 1680x1050 at 48fps...than 1920x1080 at 30fps...
Is this a joke?
I think most ppl would in this BS case but in reality
(ignoring CPU bottleneck, which is more likely to occur at 48fps than 30fps as the CPU has 66% less time to do its work)

84672000 MP/s 1680x1050 at 48fps
62208000 MP/s 1920x1080 at 30fps

ok we take 1920x1080 at 30fps as the base now what res could we hypothetically do at 48fps?
1520x854 at 48fps ~= 1920x1080 at 30fps,
so no idea where this 1680x1050@48fps ~= 1920x1080@30fps comes from

You're assuming the higher resolution output would have equal fidelity as the lower resolution....where is that coming from? Hypothetically I'd rather have higher per pixel quality than higher number of pixels with lower quality irrespective of frame rate.

Back