[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's barely any whining about trolling in non-PS3 threads. It's annoying because it prevents actual discussions instead of pure circlejerking.

People who post when annoyed come across as arrogant, condescending trolls even if the point they're making is valid. Trust me, I know. The list of my infractions on these forums is pretty impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, where ? Eight Days has that wriggle-around-cover movement. I expected Uncharted to use it eventually. I haven't seen any indication of those elaborate user controlled movement in KZ3.

The "around-the-corner" move looks neat but is a tad too slow, watching the old Eight Days video, I suspected that the character control just wasn't tight enough at the time the game got dropped, Uncharted already has a move that allows the player to quickly transition from front cover to side cover (up+hold circle).

Did I say that? Hmmm well it didnt really do anything for me

Ha ha, man up ! I thought you posted a troll thread in the KZ3 beta forum ? Or did I get the names wrong again ? :LOL:

Come, suffer in MAG together with some of us !

You didn't see the video of the animation tech that was to go into Eight Days. That was the first I saw of sliding into cover or to an object.

http://www.psu.com/Leaked-animation-footage-of-Eight-Days--a0004868-p0.php

(0:55)

I saw that video. I didn't see similar move in KZ3.

The "around-the-corner" move looks neat but is a tad too slow, watching the old Eight Days video, I suspected that the character control just wasn't tight enough at the time the game got dropped, Uncharted already has a move that allows the player to quickly transition from front cover to side cover (up+hold circle).

I didn't know up + hold circle is a valid move in U2. Need to look it up.

Rewatced the Eight Days video, recognized the KZ3 slide-to-cover move, but there are more in 8Days' video. Was thinking about the ones where the character moves/sneak around and below cover.

Its up again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjbm9Ctqmk

just wow, game is gorgeous.
It sure is! It's incredible that this game even has split-screen with these visuals! I was trying to see how reactive the water was when the video went off! :LOL:

The fire looked like it was very bad.

It is even more noticeable because the other aspects look really amazing.

It is like the Ocarina of Time fire temple fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLNBWEZPtI8
Fire? Where? Are you talking about the within the first few seconds of the video?

EDIT: I think you're talking about the red-ish glow of the heated metal (like metal out of forge after cooling for a bit). That isn't fire. If you aren't talking about that, please explain.

Isn't KZ2 fire like that too ? (Yeah I know it's sparse… and KZ2 doesn't have that much fire; only for burning Helghast I think).

There was quite a bit of fire in Blood Meridian level. In any case it looked good, though it didn't had a bright core but still it looked nice.

There was quite a bit of fire in Blood Meridian level. In any case it looked good, though it didn't had a bright core but still it looked nice.

Checked Youtube. Blood Meridian is the demo level. There are some fire at the beginning, soon after Sev and company landed (e.g., 1.33)

I only remember the flamethrower/napalm gun fire.

Demo level? In Killzone 2 that was Corinth River (first area with shooting after introduction on the ship).

I remember the flamethrower fire looked weird.

Demo level? In Killzone 2 that was Corinth River (first area with shooting after introduction on the ship).

Yap ! I was talking about the demo trailer to the press, not PSN demo. XD My fault for not being clear.

I remember the flamethrower fire looked weird.

Yes, and you're not alone ! People didn't like the stream of napalm. The fire looked a little "sparse" to me. But I liked the death animation of a flaming Helghast. :p

So many polygons went into that opening level as if every cubic meter is filled with details and yet they still throw you tons of particles and actions while you're at it. Simply incredible feat. This is it for me I'm not gonna watch anything SP related from now on :), just waiting for a HD sensory overload on my TV.

Yeah, I agree. Probably better off not knowing anything else about the game from now on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back