[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The area with the huge beast seems more open, but I think some people just can't get over the fact that KZ3's jungle isn't a lush green environment. Some people seem to be conditioned to only accept green-ish type grass/tree environments as a jungle.
This looks more like some kind of cave to be honest...UC2 jungle would be nice :smile:

The U1 jungle was cleared/tamed by the mercs for domestication. There are wreckages in the KZ3 jungle too. So it may not be far from some outpost.

I also don't think that the Helghan jungle has to follow the same ecosystem as Pandora (i.e., No giant trees needed). But danger is probably a common trait between Helghan and Pandora.

The area with the huge beast seems more open, but I think some people just can't get over the fact that KZ3's jungle isn't a lush green environment. Some people seem to be conditioned to only accept green-ish type grass/tree environments as a jungle.
Yeah, but this Killzone "jungle" looks exactly like a coral reef.

Well, that's really the definition of a jungle.

Reading through this thread is almost scary.
How can some people be so anal? I read so many cringe-worthy comments, from people analysing what and how the Godrays are coming from/broken to the Sun not being bright enough/being darkened by vignetting/LDR/HDR. From the jungle not having trunks as big as Avatar (this one was the best) to actually analysing the origin of the word 'jungle' with wikipedia quotes.

Relax people!

EDIT: Yes, i wrote anal! Sue me!

How can some people be so anal? I read so many cringe-worthy comments, from people analysing what and how the Godrays are coming from/broken to the Sun not being bright enough/being darkened by vignetting/LDR/HDR. From the jungle not having trunks as big as Avatar (this one was the best) to actually analysing the origin of the word 'jungle' with wikipedia quotes.

Relax people!

EDIT: Yes, i wrote anal! Sue me!

When the comments degrade into:

"I won't ever never buy this game because the third pixel on the left of the, not fat enough, tree trunk doesn't match the colour of my curtains... And when I stare out of my window at the sun I go blind, doesn't happen with this game so it's just not good enough..."

it kind of follows that the game is really, really good and the usual doom mongers have so little to pick on they resort to the most anal (yeah I said it too!) arguments they can think of!

Basically the more they protest the more we know we're in for a great gaming experience.

Am I the only one who thinks the ISA assault rifle looks odd in first person, like, I dunno... short? It just seems like the perspective on it is wrong or something. Not really an issue, just... strange.

Am I the only one who thinks the ISA assault rifle looks odd in first person, like, I dunno... short? It just seems like the perspective on it is wrong or something. Not really an issue, just... strange.
Probably because the player's camera is located at chest height.

It was the same with the uncharted 2 thread/s

the likely reason is that, Killzone,uncharted have easily been the 2 technically impressive games this generation (God of War is close as well) thus finding major things to criticise is difficult thus ppl will pick up on the insignificant petty things.
Must gladden the makers of both games hearts :)

It was the same with the uncharted 2 thread/s

the likely reason is that, Killzone,uncharted have easily been the 2 technically impressive games this generation (God of War is close as well) thus finding major things to criticise is difficult thus ppl will pick up on the insignificant petty things.
Must gladden the makers of both games hearts :)

^^This.

On the sports side, MLB: The Show has easily been the technically impressive game this generation (1920x1080/60fps with HDR, G.I., hi-rez textures, nice animations, etc).

I hope GG does another in-depth technical behind the scenes video, like that Dutch interview. Plus, I hope GDC features a GG bares all type showing of KZ3.

Ah yes... better... but too short !
Tell me more about the AI and the ideas behind the combat design. ^_^

I am kinda curious and dismay that all the advanced classes seem overpowered. What happens when they all come together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back