My Cosmos S, a work in progress (56k)

almighty

Banned
My Cosmos S, a work in progress - UPDATED WITH NEWER PARTS (56k)

Not many post pictures of there computers on here so i thought i might break the trend a little :p

Anyway ive been without a computer for 3 weeks as my ASUS 780i motherboard decided to die on me...sad times...

But...happy days!! My new hardware got here yesterday, a XFX 780i motherboard and a Cooler Master Cosmos S case.

Cue me building the thing for a few hours

Here are some pictures of my progress so far, i only quickly built her so i had a computer to use for work, ill build her properly when i get time

I've still got to :

1. Remove the supplied 24 pin ATX extension connector and swap it for a braided extension

2. Ive ordered a sheet of 500mm x 500mm Acrylic thats 4mm thick for a side window, which i think will look awesome

3. Change the bottom 120mm black plastic fan for a clear 120mm fan with red L.E.Ds ( Like the one that on the back of the case )

4. Tidy up some of the pipe work so it looks more presentable.

5. Sort out the 6-pin PCIEX power cables so they look neater.

6. Maybe add another HDD for RAID 0

Anyway, enough talking here are the pictures :

Meh.....Messy cables, will sort those out later on today :

CIMG1331-1.jpg

My Laing DDC Pump with an XSPC reseroir top :

CIMG1300-1.jpg

I love how all the case colours look against each other, Blue, Green and Red :

CIMG1343-1.jpg

My Geil Black Dragon DDR2 memory, currently running 800Mhz @ 4-4-4-12-2T :

CIMG1303-1.jpg

Comments welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that is slick looking. Looks very nice and clean, perhaps a bit to much bloom but prolly the camera. :LOL: ;)

I spent some hour(s) with my PC to have the cables tidy and well laid out aswell. I like it when it is clean looking.

the cosmos s is a fantastic looking case I would love to own one but they are £150

what it looks like (ps: these cases are huge)

New pictures :

Bigger badder Radiator ( Has took 12c of my load temps compared to my old radiator :oops: )

6x 120mm xigmatek fans ( 7th one ordered )

Made a window for the side panel from 4mm thick Acrylic sheet :p

Pictures :

CIMG1474.jpg

CIMG1479.jpg

CIMG1478.jpg

Can wait to get some night shots :D

I think that is an excellent setup! Very clean too. I may have to hire you to build me my next rig ;) I am too chicken to go liquid cooled on my own lol.

Nice and clean. You need to show off it's true potential. That is at night/dark room and I'll bet it will lit up like a christmas tree. :D

A good system shouldnt need 6 fans to keep it cool
mine has 2

So because mine has 6 fans its not a good system? :rolleyes:

I suggest you use the internet to look at some computer builds as you obviously don't know anything about decent case cooling, I bet your stuff runs very hot :rolleyes:

If I were to take out the 3 fans thats used to cool my watercooling radiator then i would have 3, one more then you...

My CPU is at 4Ghz and according to HWMonitor it is currently 16c on both cores and it never exceeds 40c under full load when running Intel Burn Test ;)

I'm willing to bet your CPU probably idles at a higher temperature then mine loads at ;)

I know i dont have the best system in the world but saying that a system is'nt good because it has 6 fans is retarted, especially as most watercooling builds have about the same or more fans then I do :rolleyes:

I would really love to see your computer specifications and more importantly your temperatures so I can laugh at how much you're roasting your components ;)

Im not saying a system is not good because it has 6 fans, but a system that needed 6 fans wouldnt be good

for example I just had a look at alienwares site and the alx-58 (their high end desktop) appears to have 3 fans

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not saying a system is not good because it has 6 fans, but a system that needed 6 fans wouldnt be good

It doesn't need them at all, i could run just as happy with only the 3 on the radiator but there was special deal on the fans so i though sod it and ordered enough to fill the case, they're also very quite running 1500rpm and <20 dBA :)

It loosk better with more fans as they lit up the case evenly IMO. Also Davros are you jealous? :p

Back