Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

same here, but honestly, Im not too looking forward to see the PS3 version lol. If they can atleast to get it run as the same resolution as the 360 version, roughly same frame rate, same assets and special effect, I would be impress already. Most likely no anti aliasing.

I played the riddick demo and I found it very soft to look out, and there was a few jaggies to be seen.I doubting it's 720p with 4aa.

Damn... the original already had a tonne of surface aliasing. I was hoping they would have dedicated some processing power to reduce it.

odds are the PS3 version will have reduced AA.. QSAA? 2x probably..

I'd be guessing that the PS3 edition might have some touched up lighting\shadowing work...

Just for the laughs, I'd love to see the 360 (or perhaps PS3 due to Nvidia designing the RSX chip) version(s) compared to the original Xbox(1) version.

That would be eye opening.. Put things in context.

The Quincunx AA in the Riddick demo looks really bad in this game. The game does look like that because of Quincunx, right? Or is it running at sub-720p resolution? PS3 version obviously.

Just for the laughs, I'd love to see the 360 (or perhaps PS3 due to Nvidia designing the RSX chip) version(s) compared to the original Xbox(1) version.

That would be eye opening.. Put things in context.

Can you run it via BC on Xbox 360? Is the PS3 demo out now?

Wait, it upscales? Guess that's why the game looked so blurry. The blur was bad enough that I actually had a problem with it, which I didn't for games such as Bioshock and GTA4. So maybe sub-HD, upscaled, blur filter and QAA?

Doesn't look sub-720p to me. On the soft side? yes (I'm guessing Quincunx). Lots of specular aliasing, though.
It also seems to look better if you turn off 1080p support in your PS3's system settings.

Better than I expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely looks blurred/soft due to upscaling. And the lighting is washed out compared to on the 360. Even on 720p.

I'm thinking they couldn't use HDR and AA and had to cut corners. Also seemed to stutter a bit framerate-wise more.

can someone post some screen capture for PS3 or something, I probably wont download it since its so big and already got it on 360. I thought the 360 version has quite a bit of specular aliasing make it looks a little rough even when it is suppose to have 4X MSAA. Which does help on specular aliasing. If PS3 version is sub HD with no AA then its even worse. I doubt that most of this smaller company can get HDR and AA on the RSX, which include this game. If they can atleast get it to run at 720p roughly the same frame rate as 360 and same asset Im considering it a decent port. The 360 demo didnt exactly have the best frame rate either, I will I will go with the PC version with this one.

Back