XBox 360 Price Cut/60GB model*

If the rumor is correct about the USA price drop to $200 for the core , I think your going to see that sku explode. The econemy is really bad right now. It would make sense that there are alot of casual gamers from the ps1 and ps2 generations that aren't really intrested in online but want the hottest games and the 360 will be the lowest entry point for that.

Looks like the cuts are starting to kick in, just ordered me a second 360:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...4&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643

$299 for an 120gb 360 Elite with two games and two faceplates is a pretty good deal, and with free shipping to boot.

Dell is selling the 360 Elite bundle for $350, not as good of a deal as your, but not bad.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=a1295214
Coupon Code: V8Q199$GCXJWL$

Are they trying to clear the inventory? Anyway, ordered one, since I have a feeling my 20GB HDD isn't going to cut it anymore...

US Price drop confirmed for Sept. 7

Looks like the rumors are true. Joystiq got hold of a Radio Shack ad for Sept. 7 and it shows the Arcade at $199 and the Elite at $399. No price listed for the Pro.

radioshockelitedrop.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/20/sources-xbox-360-price-cut-week-of-sept-7-60gb-299-elite-3

Looks like I'm getting ready to buy an Elite to replace the 2 year old Pro. Too bad I wasn't able get in on the Dell deals. Oh well.

Tommy McClain

well looky, looky here ... pretty much what some of us here predicted would happen with the Core over two years ago when most were screaming drop it.

The $199 price point... the magic number. all the biggest titles, new updated online interface, a huge selection of discounted software and arcade games, a reasonable hardware package for the money with a simple upgrade path as we approach a holiday season with a grundle of new AAA games dropping.

will be interesting to watch the next 4-5 months

The 60 gig add on drive was confirmed for the $100 price point. That comes with a headset and 3 months of live so thats not a bad upgrade path for a core user. The onyl thing your missing out on is the high def cables however you can allways buy a hdmi cable for cheap (even in radio shack they go for like 20 bucks

199$ is a magic price but I hope that Ms will correct some few the european prices according to the currencies.

199$ is a magic price but I hope that Ms will correct some few the european prices according to the currencies.

They won't change anything - Arcade is the cheapest current-gen console, Pro at its €269 is almost at price parity with Wii and Elite is there to suck as much money as possible from the most hardcore audience.:LOL:

They could also be just talking about the green colour and then silently update new controllers. (grasping at straws here :p)

What's with the 32 directions, though? N, NNNE, NNE, ENNE, NE, NENE, ENE, EENE, E etc.? That sounds fairly ridiculous... the main value of the D-pad is to play arcadish games, and have there really been any with more than 8-way input?

Nyah nyah... this one is more interesting: http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/22/new-199-xbox-360-arcade-bundle-rumored-to-include-motion-contro/

According to the source, who's supposedly "close to Microsoft's marketing department," the new bundle will include the usual Arcade games and 512MB memory card, as well as the forthcoming Fall update pre-installed, said motion controller, and some motion-controlled mini-games developed by Rare. Supposedly, it'll be released in time for the 2008 Holiday season, which may or may not mean that it's the same $199 Arcade bundle that's rumored to be on track for a September release. That same source also says that the motion controller will be sold separately and bundled with an even more expansive list of games, but word on a price or release date for it seems to be a bit harder to come by.

If I were MS, I'd maximize my position every Christmas. Here comes motion controlled games and DVD playback :devilish: Casual gamers, here comes Microsoft ! (Core gamers are already well taken care of with the FFXIII, Gears of War news).

I think a motion controller fits very well with their new focus on casual gaming. With a $199 price point it is a great value. I personally can't wait for the controller. I'd rather buy it than spend $250 to get the Wii.

BTW, the original source is Xbox360Fanboy.com.

Tommy McClain

How can they have a motion controller for Christmas and not have announced it at E3 or LGC?! Are they going to announce, "Oh, by the way, we've got a motion controller and games," two weeks before it hits the shelves? Surely for something that important, they'd have said at E3 and LGC, showcasing it to as many people as possible to evangilise. Unless it just isn't ready and they're scrambling to get in finished on time. But without extensive marketing, even if it's a good product it'll get overlooked because of Wii, and a weak launch wouldn't do a peripheral any favours.

I think the motion controller is about 5x more likely than blu-ray, but 5 times nothing, is still nothing.

The latest prices (from the coming week) in Denmark has the 120GB below the 80GB PS3 (around 10%). The 60GB is priced about the same as the Wii (just a tad cheaper). Didn´t get a price on the arcade.

Back