Diablo III - It's official

The dungeons aren't THAT bad. But the forest scene they had with the witchdoctor...BARF. it's horrible, like some LSD color filled My Little Ponies episode.

Meh, I'd prefer they stick to the whole the world is doomed and about to come to an end feeling, rather than this, ooh lets play with colors just for the sake of playing with colors to lighten the mood thing.

Bleh...ah well. I suppose it's far more important to cater to the new WoW generation of players than the established world of D1 and D2.

Regards,
SB

Meh, I'd prefer they stick to the whole the world is doomed and about to come to an end feeling, rather than this, ooh lets play with colors just for the sake of playing with colors to lighten the mood thing.
Regards,
SB

I think that's a very smart design decision on Blizzard's part. I'm a heavy Lord of the Rings Online player and its first expansion, Mines of Moria, came out last November. Almost everyone I chat with in the game talks about how refreshing it is to get 'outside' while playing now. Because the grind from the old level cap of 50 to the new of 60 occurs entirely inside Moria, and the dark, dreary environs clearly impacts people even though it's just a game. So Blizzard changing the color palette of entire acts instead of presenting a long, dark trudge through bleak environments is, I think, a conscious effort to avoid D3 having this effect on its players.

The dungeons aren't THAT bad. But the forest scene they had with the witchdoctor...BARF. it's horrible, like some LSD color filled My Little Ponies episode.

Bleh...ah well. I suppose it's far more important to cater to the new WoW generation of players than the established world of D1 and D2.

Regards,
SB

I think you've forgotten just how insanely bright half of Act 2 in D2 is.

What did you think the odds are it'll run well on integrated graphics like the Nvidia 9400M. I'm thinking along the lines of the macbook here ....

What did you think the odds are it'll run well on integrated graphics like the Nvidia 9400M. I'm thinking along the lines of the macbook here ....

That depends entirely on what you mean by "well." Given Blizzard's history of producing games on the less demanding side of the equation chances are you should expect settings at Low at the MacBook's 1280x800 resolution.

That depends entirely on what you mean by "well." Given Blizzard's history of producing games on the less demanding side of the equation chances are you should expect settings at Low at the MacBook's 1280x800 resolution.

My love/hate relationship with Apple continues.

ahh diablo 3. :cool:
I'm currently trying to spice up my rig to have the best experience possible on this game and it's starcraft 2 relative. :p
Huge blizzard fan, and I know this game is going to kick some ass. They never failed me.

I'm hoping it's just the same issue as with the Zerg in SC2 in that they'll increase character details later on. They look rather... well. you know. :p

Anyone read the diablo novels? So far I've read the Diablo archive (three books and a short story). I'm currently reading the Sin War Trilogy. Fun reading, if a bit depressing at times. :( :cool:

I'm in the mood for some easy, mindless reading so I might pick those up to whet my appetite for BlizzCon. Speaking of which, I really can't afford to directly attend (translation: spousal permission would be prohibitively costly in other areas), so I'm pretty tempted to spend the $40 on DirectTV's internet coverage of the event. Geeky, I know, but I've never attended a major gaming event and living in Ohio likely never will, and for $40 thought it might be cool if the coverage is decent. Of course I could always read summaries of the convention via various gaming news outlets, but that's something I've already been doing for the last 12+ years.

My brother and I have been slogging through Titan Quest and it's getting me more and more revved for D3. Honestly I'm enjoying TQ more than I ever did Diablo 2... perhaps because I played D2 as a stupid barbarian..

Back