Crysis full game

um.. wow. yeah how did they do that? it's pretty damn impressive and very funny!

Those things are awesome, would love to know how they did them.

I never used any mods. The game is still state of the art after all these years.

There is a mod that give a little different time of day lighting, but I didn't like it better than the defaults, and it introduced some strange artifacts/lighting.

Saw this conversion for Crysis called "Russia 2028". Looks interesting.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=65563

screen21.jpg

screen15b.jpg

screen13cj.jpg

Sorry for the necro but I have to give props where it's due. I just got around to playing this game 5 years later. 1920x1200, 8xAA + transparency, locked at 30fps vsync using nVidia's 1/2 refresh rate setting.

Decent story, decent voice acting, good gunplay and visuals far, far, far ahead of its time. Props to Crytek for taking a risk with this game when no hardware could run it. Now that I finally got a chance to enjoy it in its full glory I'm extremely impressed! At max settings it can still take on pretty much any 2012 title out there.

Warhead up next!

Sorry for the necro but I have to give props where it's due. I just got around to playing this game 5 years later. 1920x1200, 8xAA + transparency, locked at 30fps vsync using nVidia's 1/2 refresh rate setting.

Decent story, decent voice acting, good gunplay and visuals far, far, far ahead of its time. Props to Crytek for taking a risk with this game when no hardware could run it. Now that I finally got a chance to enjoy it in its full glory I'm extremely impressed! At max settings it can still take on pretty much any 2012 title out there.

Warhead up next!

Just imagine if PC hardware (CPUs especially) hadn't hit the power wall, that game would have been playable even at highest settings on the highest end hardware out at the time.

Back when they started development of the game, PC hardware was proceeding at an incredible breakneck pace. CPUs were often outdated in terms of performance within 6-12 months of release.

In some ways I miss that heady advance of performance. But in general I like the much slower pace of advancement we have now. It's much easier on my bank account. :D

Regards,
SB

I wouldn't mind a somewhat faster pace... A 150 USD quadcore that isn't the speed of a frigging six and a half year old CPU would be awful nice. A 100 USD one even nicer.

Well I'm still rocking a rusty Q9550 @ 3.5Ghz on DDR2 800 and it's doing me just fine.

Just finished Warhead as well. That took about 4 hours. Nice little expansion. More fast paced and fun than the original.

Back