PS3 firmwares 2.0 and 2.10

I have found that it happens less often if I wait for the page to load completely before moving down. But it still crashed the first time I tryed to make this post. :devilish:

Really? I have only one particular website that has caused me trouble, and actually that stopped after 2.10. I almost never wait until the page is fully loaded before scrolling down, not patient enough and scrolling is nice and fast. I do know though that some people have had trouble, and that the way to get rid of those issues was to clear out some settings / cache or other (I'm actually posting this from the PS3 as well). There were a lot of posts about that a while ago - you might want to hit google, if that doesn't crash on you. ;) If you can't find it, drop me a line and I'll see if I can.

The F@H stat page always crashes my PS3. So do some of the Mega****** sites that are around. Java or Flash, it doesn't seem to like it anymore. I used my PS3 and PSP as my only web access for a full month, and had no problems. As soon as 2.10 came out, the browser is almost unusable for me. Maybe it's the sites I go to, but they never gave problems before 2.10. The last fw update broke the browser severly for me. PEACE.

I know someone who had the exact same problem with everything that has access to the web or online gaming since he updated to 2.10. As soon as he bought and tried another controller it worked fine though. Very strange.

I know someone who had the exact same problem with everything that has access to the web or online gaming since he updated to 2.10. As soon as he bought and tried another controller it worked fine though. Very strange.

That makes no sense though.

So hopefully we have another firmware update coming soon. After having my PS3 for about a month now, there are some features that are missing that leave me scratching my head.

- Universal friends access. All games, and at all levels.
- Why can't I play all my songs on random? Having to create a playlist to do that is a little annoying.
- FLAC support.
- Lossless importing of stuff to the internal HDD
- Music support at all levels. ie. being able to have my music playing while accessing PStore. When entering games, etc...

Those are my major concerns. These deficiencies cripple its functionality to me.

Looks more like your looking for a 2nd PC than a console.

Come on. Thats not very fair.

We are already getting the friend access in 2.4. Is it that much to ask to get lossless support as well? FLAC is free. No licensing to worry about. The support should be there to at least play the files (a'la divx.)

The request for random was a bonehead mistake by me. Thats fair.

Really? I have only one particular website that has caused me trouble, and actually that stopped after 2.10. I almost never wait until the page is fully loaded before scrolling down, not patient enough and scrolling is nice and fast. I do know though that some people have had trouble, and that the way to get rid of those issues was to clear out some settings / cache or other (I'm actually posting this from the PS3 as well). There were a lot of posts about that a while ago - you might want to hit google, if that doesn't crash on you. ;) If you can't find it, drop me a line and I'll see if I can.

After a previous update I could no longer enter the PSN store. To fix this I had to delete the cookies, cache and verification information then reset the console. Work fine after that. Did this again to try and fix my current problem but it did not work. I searched google but I only found people having problems during games or movie's, and my own post on this forum. A friend of mine has the same problem while using the webbrowser but he has not been able to fix it either.

Well... to put it simply, they're all features on the 360 (hence "missing"). :p And they're great features to have! Sony should do those.. Competition can be good. :)

Update 2.17 available now ! No idea what it does yet (Downloading 56%)

Downloading too

From what people have been noting, there seems to be no difference :???:
probably just bug fixes?

EDIT: One change has been found: Canon printer support....

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are reporting more stable and faster network performance overall (or in specific games like MLB). No difference for me. My network is spiffy so far. :)

Is there anyway to patch a PS3 with something like a mem stick or something?

Meaning download the patch to your pc, then transfer it'?

Back