Game.AMD.com

Or perhaps an AMD version of nzone. /shrug

Which would be quite nice...at least it would show they actually care. Perhaps the next step will be to actually invest in the GITG program and try making it competitive with TWIMTBP:)

I just hope they 'kill' their read headed mascotte, she just doesn't work, imho (good rendering, bad character design)

"Which would be quite nice...at least it would show they actually care."

as someone who watched a nzone thread grow to 16 pages over 2 years without official reply i beg to differ :D

"Which would be quite nice...at least it would show they actually care."

as someone who watched a nzone thread grow to 16 pages over 2 years without official reply i beg to differ :D

I was thinking more as a general approach:so you get an nZone equivalent for pimping and between users interaction, then you get your devrel going and start investing in it(I think it was Humus who recently said that TWIMTBP can outspend ATi's equivalent quite badly nowadays), get a ChrisRay clone to be helpful around forums and post good info instead of the current slew of "OMG, ATI!You are stupid if you don't agree!" sayers that marr the community ATM and so on:D.

Then again, I think that wishful thinking is out of fashion so I'll quiet myself down:).

The nzone forums are user to use forums. They're clearly labeled that they are not an official customer support channel. In any event, I wasnt speaking about forums. Just a website like nzone. Dedicated to driver updates, Demos, FAQs, and public betas.

Always felt this was a good idea for gamers to join in healthy discussions about the product they choose for a giv'n window of time.

When 3dfx was still around "3dfxgamers" and forums rooms like "Voodoo Lounge" were fantastic for fans of 3d to hang around and discuss the pros-and-cons of 3d.

There really isn't anything dedicated from ATI/AMD for the gamer to really help inform and build mind-share.

Personally check out Nzone from time-to-time for news about gaming titles and even down-load things from time-to-time. Check out SLi rigs and an occasional view as well since there still gamers before anything else.

Just rambling here but I think this may be a really good idea and ATI should of done this years ago instead of their weak attempts.

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/pr/85

That's from an email circular they sent out today. This para I found just fascinating:

Contests & Prizes: Monthly contests provide users with the opportunity to win exclusive prizes. For the month of September, gamers that register to the site will be entered into a draw to win two extreme gaming systems powered by AMD, the iBuyPower Gamers Fire 1950 and the CyberPower Gamer Ultra 8800 PRO.

Yes, 8800, AMD approved. Or, uh, . . "only worth giving away for free"? Hmm. :cool:

Edit: Ahhh, in spite of the suggestive name, that CyberPower is actually a full system that can be configured with a variety of both major vendors vid cards. And the one on offer here is actually configured with twin HD 2900 XT

Site looks really cool, only the green part of the AMD logo not really good with this dark red.

I find something
gamegx5.jpg
:smile:

Site looks really cool, only the green part of the AMD logo not really good with this dark red.

I find something
gamegx5.jpg
:smile:

They're keeping the ATi brand/branding for the time being, so what's surprising there?:)

Back