Rockstar's next franchise to be PS3 exclusive

Ostepop, dude, I think Mrakor was agreeing with Tap In!

Anyway, as business entities/shareholders where loyalties lie is certain. As coders and devs? I guess no machine is perfect - and you'd either end up enjoying the challenges or hating it.

So you think its remotely possible, that R* a company owned by Take 2, a serious corperation, is mad at Microsoft, for basically giving them $50 million in order to port a game over to the X360?
Nah!
I'm just thinking, that, how this will be in english?, telling fortunes by coffee grounds it's not so relable source of information :)

"We think", "we believe", "appears to be".

One more, looks like more sensible.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/leve...ation-on-the-factors-behind-gta-iv-delay.aspx

No different between reading ridiculous blogs and ridiculous speculation from some analyst at any rate.

It is when your ridiculous blogs suggest that Microsoft has some kind of supertool for compression , and that a company who acts at the mercy of stockholders, are not pleased when somebody gives them $50 million to port a game.

(the author should think a bit more about what hes writing, ironically fictional supertool would be much worse for the PS3 than the load of BS hes serving about microsoft)

This is beyond 3d, not GameFAQ's, there is no supertool for compression that Microsoft has been secretly cocking up.

So, he made something up, as did the analyst. Neither of them know what they are talking about. What makes the "analyst" more trustworthy than the other guy then.

You want to believe everything that paints the PS3 in a bad light, just as much as I do with the 360. :LOL:

Reminder seems needed here too ...

From the official press-release:

The top engineers from Sony and Microsoft are working closely with the team in Edinburgh right now, helping us to fully leverage the power of both platforms.

Keep this discussion on the topic, though, 'k?

(That is: Rockstar's next PS3 exclusive franchise that is not LA Noire, for those who need a reminder)

So, he made something up, as did the analyst. Neither of them know what they are talking about. What makes the "analyst" more trustworthy than the other guy then.

For one, hes idea's arent as crazy as the ones you posted. Second, the analysts in question earns a rather nice salary from a respected analytical firm. Third, whatever that analyst said or not is irrelevant, your posting some kind of rumor thats so far fetched you would have trouble selling the story to GameFAQs forum members.

You want to believe everything that paints the PS3 in a bad light, just as much as I do with the 360. :LOL:

Bad light? How is the PS3 put into bad light here?

PS3 got an exclusive R* game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumour time again, Sony to take Rockstar "under it's wing"

http://www.psu.com/Sony-To-Buy-Rockstar-News--a928-p0.php

Obviously considering the course it's pinch of salt time, but the rumour something is happening seems to be gathering pace, so much so someone will have to confirm or deny something soon.

Could be one of Sony's "major announcements" they have planned for Liepzig I suppose.

Rumour time again, Sony to take Rockstar "under it's wing"

http://www.psu.com/Sony-To-Buy-Rockstar-News--a928-p0.php

Obviously considering the course it's pinch of salt time, but the rumour something is happening seems to be gathering pace, so much so someone will have to confirm or deny something soon.

Could be one of Sony's "major announcements" they have planned for Liepzig I suppose.

Sounds like bollocks to me.. Just because:-

- If this we're true then that would mean the 360 ver. of GTA would get outright canned (meaning M$ effectively put $50 million dollars in Sony's pocket..)
- If it we're true then it wouldn't make sense considering Sony's strategic decision to get the Sly cooper guys to start working on the Open-world game "Infamous" which effectively is supposed to be poised to rival the likes of GTA and crackdown etc..
- This would also mean Take-Two is done for (which would mean I highly doubt they'd give up the company without a very aggressive fight...)

Just my view anyways.. Feel free to disagree..
-

- If this we're true then that would mean the 360 ver. of GTA would get outright canned (meaning M$ effectively put $50 million dollars in Sony's pocket..)
That could well depend on contracts.
- If it we're true then it wouldn't make sense considering Sony's strategic decision to get the Sly cooper guys to start working on the Open-world game "Infamous" which effectively is supposed to be poised to rival the likes of GTA and crackdown etc..
But we don't know that R*'s next IP is a GTA type game. GTA is finishing. One other title (another dev) is a film-noire detective thriller. They've also made other different games, like Table Tennis. Could be the Sly Cooper guys take up the mantel of the GTA-genre, and R* do something else entirely

huh? Take Two owns R*, they would just have to reject whatever bid Sony throws at them.
Technically yes, though all they'd have to do is hand in their resignations and sign up to Sony ;) T2 keep the R* name and an empty studio.

Not that any of this validates the rumour. Just arguing for arguin's sake. :D

With a ton of salt, my guess is it's just a baseless analyst rumor, or a joint company between Sony and Take 2 ala Cellius between Sony and Bandai-Namco.

Didn't Take-Two lost millions thanks to the controversal "hot-coffee" mod? Because of that, I wouldn't be surprise if they dump R* at Sony.

Reading the article, if this were to happen it wouldn't affect the status of GTA4. MS will still get the exclusive DLC as the agreement states.

Didn't Take-Two lost millions thanks to the controversal "hot-coffee" mod? Because of that, I wouldn't be surprise if they dump R* at Sony.

Reading the article, if this were to happen it wouldn't affect the status of GTA4. MS will still get the exclusive DLC as the agreement states.

Doesn't that depend on the legalities of the agreement though?

What would happen if the guys at R* handed in their resignations and then setup shop in the office next door as a new Sony subsidiary (retaining owndership of all their previous IP)..?

Wouldn't this mean that any agreement made between R* and M$ regarding R* IP was void since R* [North] no longer exists/owns the IP in question?

I'm not sure how this would work given the interests of both M$ & Sony (I'm sure Sony would do everything they could to make sure M$ didn't get the game..)

On another note, from what I can tell Take Two are hanging on by a thread at the moment financially.. With all the controversy of Manhunt 2 (and the lack of sales thereof) coupled with the company's complete lack of top selling IP coming from anywhere outside of R* I find it hard to believe that Take Two could really stand on their own two feet after losing such a fundamental/integral part of the business..

Not that this will actually happen mind.. It's just fun to speculate.. :D

Back