Agent - NEW PS3 Exclusive from Rockstar

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Agent. Developed by the people behind Grand Theft Auto, Rockstar North, Agent will be available exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

“We have always enjoyed making action games, and with Agent we are making what we believe will be the ultimate action game,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “Agent is a game we have wanted to make for a long time. The team in Edinburgh is doing an amazing job combining intense action, atmosphere and story in a great period setting to create something that feels quite unique. We cannot wait for people to experience this game.”

Agent takes players on a paranoid journey into the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s.

LINK

I really like the sound of this game and I am looking forward to a trailer or some screen shots.

Exercise caution though... remember that top secret new EPIC IP that turned out to be a Live Arcade game? Don't want to offend the developers, looks like a cool game - but it was kind of a letdown after all the expectations...

Well except after having seen the new EPIC IP in action. It's made my buy ASAP most looked forward to game of 2009 list.

Side scroll shooter heaven...ME WANTS NOW...

Regards,
SB

2010 release confirmed by Rockstar ;
- “PS3 PLEASE, dont forget that Grand Theft Auto originated on the Playstation system (PS1)” - anthonycr

We appreciate the enthusiasm of PlayStation 3 owners and believe us, we understand where you're coming from. That's why we are working hard on a lineup of PlayStation 3 releases for 2010 that we know you will be very excited to play - including Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, and the PlayStation 3 exclusive AGENT, which is a brand-new title from Rockstar North, the creators of the Grand Theft Auto series. Plus there's more yet to be announced... Thanks again for your patience and please stay with us!
[ http://www.rockstargames.com/news/2..._from_liberty_city_vs._the_ballad_of_gay_tony ] .

Some new tidbits ;
It seems that development on Agent has been going on for longer than we thought as the resume of a 3D modeler lists the game as a PlayStation 2 and Xbox title. The resume also lists the game as a Rockstar San Diego project which is interesting since the game is now being developed by the GTA team at Rockstar North.

The other interesting piece of info Superannuation dug up sheds some light on a potential environment in Agent. Once again the info comes from a resume of an Environment Artist who lists his duties on Agent as being part of a team sent to Cairo to capture over 10,000 reference photos for the game.
[ http://shogungamer.com/news/some-interesting-info-concerning-rockstars-spy-game-agent ].

Back