So, do we know anything about RV670 yet?

Yeah, for in-store. I'm sure I could go down to my local BB and buy one, but who does that? B&M is so passe', or rather the B3D word of choice; blase. :p

To me, or perhaps the common geek, the phrase "in stock" means available at a common online store where everyone around country/world who actually gives a shit have to fight over the same supply! :D

@Trin - Rise above, my friend.

In other words that when Radeon HD 3870 comes out - this month, Nvidia will have no competition because short supply for GF8800GT's. :D

Edit: Right now you could get 8800GT online or wait for Radeon 3870:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133205
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=42711&page=47

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh so that's all he was trying to say? Now that makes sense but now I'm even more confused by his hostile response to my pointing out the other two cards.....oh well....

it was a hostile response to you saying the expensive card didn't exist if you go back and reread.

Now that makes sense but now I'm even more confused by his hostile response to my pointing out the other two cards.....oh well....
I think your smileys were insult to the injury of completely missing his point. (The rolleyes smiley is the mother of all smileys, far more potent than a razz.) To be fair, I missed it, too, until fbomber entered as the voice of reason. Anyway, apologies and drinks all around, right? :smile: Let's try to stick to mocking inanimate objects like GPUs and PR graphs 'til at least RV670's launch.

3870stock.PNG

I have a question?
Would somebody be able to calculate - if Radeon HD3870 was clocked 825core/1200memory how originally was set - instead what is now 777core/1126memory - what 3Dmark score would be then?

I think your smileys were insult to the injury of completely missing his point. (The rolleyes smiley is the mother of all smileys, far more potent than a razz.) To be fair, I missed it, too, until fbomber entered as the voice of reason. Anyway, apologies and drinks all around, right? :smile: Let's try to stick to mocking inanimate objects like GPUs and PR graphs 'til at least RV670's launch.

Heh, I guess I was wrong in my assumption of :p cancelling out a :rolleyes:. No mocking intended at all.

Some people take mocking a GPU a bit more personally ;p
I'll have you know that my grandmother once was about to be ravaged by a nVidiolf when she was saved by a passing woodsmAMD. Not all such things have to be irrational, you know!
Sorry... :oops:

Anyway, back on topic: Anyone know exactly when the review embargo ends? Tomorrow, yes?

Well, I gambled and ordered a 3870 from buy.com I like the heat sink design , and dont mind the slightly less frames at stock clocks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nvidia tisk tisk... I thought you learned from ATi not to do paper launches....:smile:

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/34818/118/

In conversations with industry sources, 40,000 units of the GeForce 8800GT have shipped worldwide. To put these volume numbers into perspective, other sources have stated that AMD has already fulfilled orders for 250,000 of its Radeon HD 3850 and 3870 models for its launch later this week. It was stated that an additional 150,000 will ship before year end. Prices for 3800 series cards should ship between $180-220.

Nvidia tisk tisk... I thought you learned from ATi not to do paper launches....:smile:

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/34818/118/
In conversations with industry sources, 40,000 units of the GeForce 8800GT have shipped worldwide. To put these volume numbers into perspective, other sources have stated that AMD has already fulfilled orders for 250,000 of its Radeon HD 3850 and 3870 models for its launch later this week. It was stated that an additional 150,000 will ship before year end. Prices for 3800 series cards should ship between $180-220.

WoW, that's a big different between AMD's card shipping number:oops:

It's totally about 400,000 cards by the year end. I bet this 400K cards would include the number their ship to the OEM too :devilish:

A bit offtopic, but I don't quite understand: 250k are shipped before launch, 150k are shipped in 45 days after launch - that's about half the amount. :???: Do they run out of shipping containers at christmas season?
AMD has already fulfilled orders for 250,000 [...]additional 150,000 will ship before year end.

Typically you expect a large chunk of your video cards to sell during the first few weeks of release then you send out more to replenish stocks that were sold. In the holiday season, this is particularly true as perhaps your first week you sell 100,000 units and another 50,000 or so more before the week of Christmas. You will then want 150,000 to replace those already sold for the Christmas sales.

I do wonder if that includes OEM deals since Dell + Alienware are all touting the 3870...

A bit offtopic, but I don't quite understand: 250k are shipped before launch, 150k are shipped in 45 days after launch - that's about half the amount. :???: Do they run out of shipping containers at christmas season?
AMD's just been stockpiling while trying to get the damn drivers sorted :?:

Don't forget this is a GPU we were expecting to arrive in January.

NVidia seems to have drawn the short straw at TSMC - hence the UMC thing. Did any of the dumbfuck analysts query this point?

Jawed

Back