Remastered MGS4 trailer

MGS406vs07.jpg

http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/afrika/mgs4/mgsgif5.gif

Same trailer? Oh, yeah ::rolleyes::

Thanks, I see I missed the debris from the wall debris, the smoke, and the cloth in ss row 4. Otherwise it's the same except color for image which can be due to different reasons (like how some videos of HS had dull colors whilst the ss had vivid and strong colors).
Oh the color in the new video is to strong, like a brightness/gamma/contrast tweak, perhaps! :D

Note: Could you be so kind and remove the GIF image, it really bogs down the loading of the page (my connection is slow today! ;)) and it is against the rules.

You also conveniently missed the increase in smoothness and framerate at the point of the gif.

Saying "Apart from this this this this this this, and this, the game is the same" is rather pointless. It would be easier to just admit that you were wrong.

You also conveniently missed the increase in smoothness and framerate at the point of the gif.

It's a gif, you dont think that the '06 game demonstration ran that scene at 2-5fps?

Saying "Apart from this this this this this this, and this, the game is the same" is rather pointless. It would be easier to just admit that you were wrong.

Yes didn't I point out the parts I where wrong at, in the previous post? :smile:

It's a gif, you dont think that the '06 game demonstration ran that scene at 2-5fps?
It fluctuated between at about 10-15 fps, and it shows in the gif. I actually counted the frames in a second of the original trailer where the frame rate stuttered. Now it's just perfectly smooth.

It fluctuated between at about 10-15 fps, and it shows in the gif. I actually counted the frames in a second of the original trailer where the frame rate stuttered. Now it's just perfectly smooth.

Thats good but I was not talking about the game demonstration speed. But I was wrong on the particle and smoke effect for a couple of scenes!
http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga.....
This 'new' footage is simply a recut version of last year's E3 trailer. Smoke effects, particles, melon physics, textures - all of these things are exactly the same in both versions, with not a hint of any retouched effects to be seen. And, anyway, doesn't Konami have better things to do than fiddle around with exisiting footage?"QUOTE]

What I wrote (the below in response of the gamesradar article above);
Excatly what I was thinking about since I was running both the old and "new" video side by side. Did it since others where saying that effects, lightning and detail was better in different forums compared to the '06 video... lol!

You see I was not checking the speed since I was running one HD video on my PC and the other one on my VPC, apart from that I had a third VPC doing work. That means 3 fully fledged WinXP systems in work! ;) :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I see I missed the debris from the wall debris, the smoke, and the cloth in ss row 4. Otherwise it's the same except color for image which can be due to different reasons (like how some videos of HS had dull colors whilst the ss had vivid and strong colors).
Oh the color in the new video is to strong, like a brightness/gamma/contrast tweak, perhaps! :D

Or just a new trailer with new assets and a new engine.

I don't see how it would be possible to simply remaster the old trailer to give it new frames, and I'm sure this is what most needs appreciation in working out whether this is new or not. You can't make new frames to fit into a CGI trailer without re-recording the trailer (at least not with this level of improvement). To me this couldn't be anything other than a new version of the exact same cutscene running on a newer engine.

I started watching this and thought "WTF, are they making a movie or a game?" Get to work and show me some game footage, not some digital soap opera.

Wow... you must have never, ever, played a Metal Gear before. :p

I played most of MGS2 and some of MGS3. I remember having a HUD, sneaking around and shooting people. I have no idea what the gameplay is like for MGS4, have they ever shown any? If I want a bad plot with sub-titles then I will rent a movie ;)

I played most of MGS2 and some of MGS3. I remember having a HUD, sneaking around and shooting people. I have no idea what the gameplay is like for MGS4, have they ever shown any? If I want a bad plot with sub-titles then I will rent a movie ;)

There have been quite a few gameplay sequences in MGS4 trailers already - just as their were in pre-existing MGS3 and MGS2 trailers that came out before the games shipped. Me thinks you're just not looking close enough. ;)

That's called contrast.

Some of you guys are on glue. It's not a new trailer, Konami said so themselves.
I have to disagree. Some things really are different, most notable:
- the amount of particles on screen,
- one picture with a guy in a truck clearly has a different wardrobe.
(edit: the picture with the "ID-tagged blabla" subtitles)

That's called contrast.

Some of you guys are on glue. It's not a new trailer, Konami said so themselves.

How would you propose that such a framerate improvement could have materialised from the original version? If there is a feasible way to produce something out of nothing then I'm sure it's a technique that should either be shared with everyone else, or used as a means to acquiring hefty sums of money.

Edit: that sarcasm isn't aimed exclusively at you, btw. Perhaps I should slot a :D in there somewhere.

Back