Zelda Kaze No Takuto first impressions !

I read these yesterday; it sounds great! Not what I expected though.. with the sea being your overworld.

BTW, here's the official US logo..

zeldawindwakerlogo.jpg

By the way, when the cel-shading was revealed, who else said 'well, Link looks like an alien who's been whapped repeatedly with the Ugly Stick, but DAMN that is some BEAUTIFUL cel-shading!'?

Actually, I went "that looks so, SO, SO gay (although the animation is technically impressive)".

Yeah I read this. Sounds very cool. 8)

I'll say this about the look. The game looks very blocky and some of the texture work could be better. But the lighting is very well done and looks very unique. Facial animation looks extremely polished but the model and the animation of Link overall don't seem that good. Link looks like a freaking puppet when he runs. I don't know if it's the disproportionate torso and small legs but it just looks odd when he runs.

As far as the actual game is concerned it'll probably be usual Zelda greatness so I'm not worried. I just don't know about the graphics. I guess I'll have to see once I play the game on my TV.

I remember that for Mario sunshine, every pic/movie I saw online didn't impress me one bit. I thought it just looked ordinary. But when I saw the game running on my TV, woah! What a difference. The cool water effects, the huge worlds, the way the environment is reflected off the surface of the water. It was just damn impressive. So who knows, maybe Celda (sorry, wind waker) will be the same.

Tagrineth said:
bukima said:
What is a Wind Waker?

That's like asking 'what's an ocarina of time' or 'what's a majora's mask'. :)
Well I imagine majora's mask to be a, well, mask. As for an ocarina, I have no clue (I imagined it to be a jewel or such), but don't really care since those games have been and gone.

But considering everyone is talking about this Wind Waker, I was simply curious. Hence the question.

an ocarina is like a wooden or clay flute, it is a wind instrument though. Wind waker I'm sure means to wake the wind and to have control over it since you get a wand that controls the wind from what I understand.

Sigh. So many games to get, not enough money.

GC:

Zelda
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball 2

GBA:

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario 3
Metroid Fusion
Zelda

Xbox:

Splinter Cell
Halo
Blinx

Oy... Need... More.... Money......

I am sooooo not excited about this game. sure, it'll be great for cel-shaded fans but not me. i'll get the game, play it, and enjoy what is there, but i cannot help but to think of the SpaceWorld 2000 demo. and what could have been.

megadrive0088 said:
I am sooooo not excited about this game. sure, it'll be great for cel-shaded fans but not me. i'll get the game, play it, and enjoy what is there, but i cannot help but to think of the SpaceWorld 2000 demo. and what could have been.

People were saying the same thing about MP when Miyamoto said it would be a FPS :)

When I first saw it I just thought: "WHY?"

Now I've recuperated a bit from the shock, but if Link grows and he doesn't look like the character art in previous link games and manuals.....
let's just say Miyamoto will learn why friday the 13th is my lucky day!!! :LOL:

I played Zelda at Cube Club and it was awesome it really didn't even seem like it was cell shaded. It really just seemed like I was playing Link to the Past or any of the GB Zeldas in 3D. That's really the best way to describe it.

Back