You will NOT believe this.

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I'm reading my maths text book and I'm reading from the beginning of Linear Algebrea nd Vector calculus going through all the basics and stuff(I was also able to answer the questions correctly in the exercises (YAY me!)) and I found something very interesting.

Gauss elimination can find a solution if planes intersect.
So I thought to myself if it works with straight lines then it must work with other planes too.

If you store:
ax^2 + bx + c in a matrix for 3 coordinates you can score quadratic intersections which would work with curves and surfaces.
The quadratic formula will only give you 0-2 solutions top. This method can give you more. :D

I always thought Gauss elimination was only used for boring stuff we did in class.

YAY!

K.I.L.E.R said:
I always thought Gauss elimination was only used for boring stuff we did in class.

While the rest of the class was all the time crying around "we don't need this stuff, nobody uses this stuff in reallife, there is no use, this just all sucks", me and my friend where adopting the newest learned stuff directly into a raytracer and a 3d realtime strategy engine :D

most the things i learned in school that where boring and somehow had to do with math got used at least one time in a program i loved to code. be it game, renderer, or what ever..

Are you Dave Baumann's relative by any chance?

davepermen said:
While the rest of the class was all the time crying around "we don't need this stuff, nobody uses this stuff in reallife, there is no use, this just all sucks", me and my friend where adopting the newest learned stuff directly into a raytracer and a 3d realtime strategy engine :D

most the things i learned in school that where boring and somehow had to do with math got used at least one time in a program i loved to code. be it game, renderer, or what ever..

Back