XNA projects... (?)

Graham

Hello :-)
Veteran
Supporter
So is anyone here muddling around with XNA? :mrgreen: or is it just me? :(

Especially with the dream build play contest.
Although I can't say I'm seriously pushing anything.

Anyway. If anyone is, I thought it'd be nice to share.

I'm making my current project in two parts. In one I've been mucking about with lighting techniques. I've posted here and there, such as this piccy...

In the other I'm mucking about with threading, and physics. Collision detection isn't there yet, more working on the actual reactions, etc. I posted some perf numbers for the threading a while ago. And I've uploaded a couple of pretty basic videos of my *work in progress* physics here and here.
I've also found some awesome vehicle 3d models, so I'll might end up making a little racer. But these things can change.

Anyway I'm interested to see what others are up to.

I have a fair portion of my C++ engine ported into XNA now... I use Bullet for physics, lua for scripting, now working on an editor, have some NPR rendering stuff and the usual game framework stuff...

I'm currently at the stage where my test program has a cartoon character kicking a ball around a environment.

I like XNA...

I've yet to get started on anything significant for XNA to be frank..

Had a play around with it but i'm quite busy at the moment working on two personal projects; one using Ogre3D and another using TTS (Text-To-Speech) tech..

I'll probably jump into XNA later when I have a bit more time..

The only serious XNA work I did also uses WinForms. Nowadays I've very little time to work on a fully contained program/game :(

Are you working on that project?

In the sphere->sphere demo they rotate backwards :)
I intergrated bullet into my engine before there sphere -> sphere demo was available... so I've never seen it. I'm just a user, i've help fix a few bugs but doing other things at the mo, so haven't needed more that what currently works for me.

Back