Xbox 360 Preview now rolling out

For some reason never shows me my recently watched and never shows me a new movies category. WTF? Those were pretty much standard lists I wanted to see, and now they are never available.

That happens occasionally for me as well but that is not a new occurrence.

I finally see what you were complaining about on the TV shows. Look like it's done that way because they ran of face buttons(B=Back X=Add to Instant Queue Y=Search) but still wanted a button dedicated to playing a movie. They had to compromise on something and A=Select was it. I could go either way on this.

Anybody try the other apps yet? YouTube is feature lacking, but at least functional. The UFC app was cool though especially since it was free. I was disappointed with the SyFy app as it's more clips & extras than full episodes. The IHeartRadio app seemed cool at first, but then quickly realized it's only Corporate Radio crap from Clear Channel. Not really interested in the rest of the current apps. The upcoming Vevo & Vudu apps might be interesting though.

Tommy McClain

No access to apps yet--I tried downloading the Youtube app yesterday.
I guess you have them if you were in the beta.

The SyFy app seems to be as limited as SyFy's website. It is very scarce - http://www.syfy.com/rewind/ . This shows how NBC just doesn't get it at all.

It is a tangled web, for instance, if I want to watch Leverage, well, Hulu shows it but then directs me to the TNT website, ok...not THAT big of a deal but if I want to see the full season listing and I want to actually watch from episode one I am then RE-DIRECTED to Comcast and need to put in my Comcast creds to gain access to the TNT show which I was directed from by Hulu. ...exactly...

Youtube is great! Looks even better if you have an HDTV. I myself have a 32" and for some reason I can see darker videos a lot better. My computer monitor must have the wrong settings. >.<

:LOL:
Is YouTube high res? PS3's been stuck on mobile res forever, rendering it nigh useless.

Just had a quick look at a couple of vids on the trends menu and they played in HD. Not a comprehensive investigation, but it looks as though the quality has been taken into account.

Youtube is great! Looks even better if you have an HDTV. I myself have a 32" and for some reason I can see darker videos a lot better. My computer monitor must have the wrong settings. >.<
Looks great on my TV too. It's finely calibrated and looking at Youtube videos or any TV content I can see in any TV at home using DTT -MS added the EPG of different broadcasters here, great move- is a way better experience on my TV using either the HDMI or VGA cable. and the console calibration settings than watching those channels on my everyday TV(s). Richer colours,crisper, and smoother.

Imho, it's their best update since the console launch day.

Looks great on my TV too. It's finely calibrated and looking at Youtube videos or any TV content I can see in any TV at home using DTT -MS added the EPG of different broadcasters here, great move- is a way better experience on my TV using either the HDMI or VGA cable. and the console calibration settings than watching those channels on my everyday TV(s). Richer colours,crisper, and smoother.

Imho, it's their best update since the console launch day.

I would actually concur with the update statement along with the companion app for windows phone the update SDK issues aside has been by a very wide margin their best update. If only my Windows Phone had the battery life of my Harmony remote. Its too bad the companion app wasn't built into the new Microsoft media remote because that would have really been amazing.

I would actually concur with the update statement along with the companion app for windows phone the update SDK issues aside has been by a very wide margin their best update. If only my Windows Phone had the battery life of my Harmony remote. Its too bad the companion app wasn't built into the new Microsoft media remote because that would have really been amazing.
I would love to give this companion app a spin, but to be honest, I couldn't use it nor I know much about it except some basic bits of info -it's also for those rocking Windows Phone 7 phones, afaik-. I think that, for Americans, the update is a really good one with more improvements than letdowns, that's for sure, but here is even better because most of the niftier features you had in the US are now available here in Europe and some agreements Microsoft made with local TV broadcasters not only benefit MS but also Xbox Live users and those channels. For me it's a huge incentive to watch some TV because the television I use for gaming is not directly connected to an aerial, and now I can watch football (soccer) or documentaries on demand. Even my mother loved it when I told her about the possibilities -I have 2 spare Xbox 360-, which is saying something.

Back