X800 XT Delayed?

kemosabe said:
DaveBaumann said:
To the best of my knowledge, which was updated today from Toronto, Fudo's post is misguided as of this moment.

Very well, Dave, but would it also be misguided to speculate that ATI is seeing a better-than-expected yield of chips with 16 functional pipes and that it has decided to scrap the 12-pipe part and launch the X800 Pro as its 16-pipe enthusiast card (with relatively conservative clocks), to be followed by a core boost and faster GDDR3 (X800 XT) in the fall? :D

heh ya then they can stick the 12 pipe card in the $150-200 dollar slot. :oops:

Precisely. If yields are solid, slap the 12-pipe "rejects" onto 128-bit SE boards for $200 and send the 9600XT into retirement. ;)

kemosabe said:
Precisely. If yields are solid, slap the 12-pipe "rejects" onto 128-bit SE boards for $200 and send the 9600XT into retirement. ;)

Wouldn't a 12 pipe chip be extremely bandwidth limited on a 128 bit bus ?

Bjorn said:
kemosabe said:

Didnt stop them with the 9500 Pro. With Only 8.8 Gigs of band IIRC, Where it didnt even come close to its single texture fill rate.

Bjorn said:

Not in shader intensive games. although I would guess FSAA will be a strech.

PS anybody has 9500 pro HL2 or Far Cry benchmarks?

kemosabe said:

I would have thought they would have a completely different design for the low end part as that one would need to be much higher volume than the high end parts. If the yields are so good then they will have a lot of high end parts and relatively few low end parts for a high volume segment.

Jabbah said:
kemosabe said:

I would have thought they would have a completely different design for the low end part as that one would need to be much higher volume than the high end parts. If the yields are so good then they will have a lot of high end parts and relatively few low end parts for a high volume segment.

Well rv370/380 seem like they will be the 'low' end parts, regardless of any r420 speculation.

It'll be interesting to see the benchmarks after the SM2.0-SM3.0 patch/addition. Does anyone know when that will be available btw ?

Most here seem to have nothing better to do ATM....... Well, they argue about non existant products alot...... ;)

Kombatant said:
To be honest, I am surprised that many of you folk even read the Inq, let alone comment on it.

They aren't all that bad, you just have to know what to believe.

Besides which, sometimes discussing falsehoods can bring you closer to the truth... ;)

Hanners said:
Kombatant said:
To be honest, I am surprised that many of you folk even read the Inq, let alone comment on it.

They aren't all that bad, you just have to know what to believe.

Besides which, sometimes discussing falsehoods can bring you closer to the truth... ;)

So what's next? Threads about the National Enquirer? :D

Kombatant said:

I can see it now :

Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang found in bed with alien!

He says: "where you think this new tech comes from?" :oops:

She (it?) says: Hey.....he's GOOD!

Love child said to have "16 pipes"........
:LOL:

martrox said:
Kombatant said:

I can see it now :

Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang found in bed with alien!

He says: "where you think this new tech comes from?" :oops:

She (it?) says: Hey.....he's GOOD!

Love child said to have "16 pipes"........
:LOL:

Marty - sometimes I worry about you... ;) :LOL:

Back