www.techingames.net - A Game Feature Tracker and Comparison Database

A single lowest framerate should not be recorded in the database, because of 2 reasons.

1 - It only depends of what scenes has been selected on a short ~5mn video: compared to a ~10 hours game the sampling is really too small.

2 - There are some games that use a half framerate during cutscene or slow motion scenes, for instance if you say that the last COD has 30fps as its lowest framerate (during slow motion, cinematics scenes), it's not at all representative of the whole game. Later, people consulting the database could think the game constantly hovers between 30fps and 60fps.

And what about Forza 5 with some real-time scenes running at 30fps?

Instead for Ryse we could say the game may hovers at ~20fps during sustained moments like:

- Occasionnal sustained (5 seconds) framerate : ~20fps

widescreen gaming support for pc?
http://www.wsgf.org/mgl

That's a really cool site with a *lot* of data! Hard to beat that. But I'll add the options they record though, who knows one day consolidation will happen. ;)

Look at the graph. Sits at the 16 fps point for a few frames.

From the image posted, it looks to be higher than 16 fps as its far closer to the 20 line than the 10 line or even the halfway point.

From the image posted, it looks to be higher than 16 fps as its far closer to the 20 line than the 10 line or even the halfway point.
Maybe 17. Not much over 15, and certainly nearer 15 than 20. 17.5 going by pixel counting, depending on what one counts as a top and bottom of the lines. I presume the 16.0 FPS comes from somewhere though. What are they counting as 16 fps if the framerate is ~18?

Maybe 17. Not much over 15, and certainly nearer 15 than 20. 17.5 going by pixel counting, depending on what one counts as a top and bottom of the lines. I presume the 16.0 FPS comes from somewhere though. What are they counting as 16 fps if the framerate is ~18?

That's what made the entire thing all the more puzzling to me. *shrug*

Lots of work was done again on the site. And of course, plenty more to do. You can recommend on facebook (with opengraph bringing the name of the game along, icon of the site, etc.), recover/reset your password, use disqus, get an overview of the latest releases and added versions, games can now be children of other games (like the halo games in the halo collection) and the parent will summarise features from all, and there's a bunch more content. Oh, and I think it didn't have a site (fav)icon either.

Up next are ways to integrate information with other forums, so that for instance information from the database can be posted in a topic on Beyond3d (who are upgrading their forums this weekend to XenForo), uploading images, and a reputation system.

As always, kind regards

Been working on preparing for embedded content to outside sites, uploading files, and tracking game version / feature issues. I got most of it done, but not yet in a state that I'll publish online. Lots more work to do, but time for bed.

Worked hard at implementing a reputation system with verification by admin (for now) and hooking up access to editing features. I think it is almost done, now time to implement it everywhere, clean up. Maybe tonight I'll publish

Added support for tracking issues for specific game versions, including if it is a server issue and when it was solved, and if not, in what version it is solved when it was solved. I've also added options for uploading images and links to issues for further documentation.

(I really wanted to get that feature out before the release of AC: Unity ... )

The reputation system and linked access is now also online. I'm sure there are various bugs here and there, and the overview of what reputation you got is just for showing that it's there. But I think it's a decent start. It comes with a verification system, and once a high-level person verified information (currently only real admins can) the information becomes protected.

These new options allow a lot of nice tweaks, so still much more to do.

Site is looking great, but sorry for the nitpick... Facebook share buttons are in Dutch. ;)

Tommy McClain

Site is looking great, but sorry for the nitpick... Facebook share buttons are in Dutch. ;)

Tommy McClain

Hmm, thanks for that! I just assumed they changed language depending on where the viewer is from, but apparently not. I'll have a look tonight if there is something I can do. :)

(I can edit my posts now, thanks!)

Anyway, already found it. There's a language in the link, so I'll change that:

//connect.facebook.net/nl_NL/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.0

Last edited:
I fixed the facebook link I think (at least removed the language bit, so hopefully it shows the correct language - otherwise I'll just fix it to English).

I also fixed one or two issues with the reputation system that prevented non-admins from adding or updating feature values. I've changed reputation so you only get reputation after your contribution has been confirmed for now.

I've also added some Windows versions information for games to test (see Dragon Age: Inquisition), filling in some stuff like minimum and recommended PC specs, 4k support etc. and gave them their own distinct 'look'. Hope you guys like it. I'll add preferences for what versions you want to see a little later (specific platform, specific generation, PC only, etc.)

I also worked on the Issue tracking - they now show up on the front page, added and solved separate, and in the game page (so far only the version), and it should basically work. Still needs a serious lick of paint though.

hm... Are PC minimum requirements all that useful? Aside from HDD space, my impression was that the listed specs were simply the slowest HW that QA used (and often very bizarre "equivalents" between IHVs). Even then, usually they don't even detail what settings they are considering to be "recommended" etc. Also maximum settings can (sometimes) be rather stupendous settings exposed for enthusiasts/multi-GPU etc, far far away from the norm.

Someday PR & QA will get around to mentioning both recommended specs & settings as good etiquette (or plain damn sense). :p

They shouldn't bother with specs. They should have a trial to test your hardware. Run the trial, see if it works, decide on if the results are good enough for you on your hardware or not. Min and recommended specs was only relevant for boxed games when the only hardware configs were how much RAM you had and whether a 386 or 486 or one of them new-fangled Pentiums. Plus what soundcard was supported beyond internal bleeper.

I don't think they are without value completely, but I agree that hardware tests are far more interesting. Perhaps it would be nicer to have something like the DF budget PC in there and also get framerates for that. Of otherwise just core count and both RAM specs?

Guys/gals (is there any gal here actually?) if you find some blatant mistakes in the games recently added on the site, especially 360 games (I don't' have a 360 so I had to add details using Wikipedia or similar) please do tell me and I will correct it.

Guys/gals (is there any gal here actually?) if you find some blatant mistakes in the games recently added on the site, especially 360 games (I don't' have a 360 so I had to add details using Wikipedia or similar) please do tell me and I will correct it.
hm... Not too sure what "anti-aliasing & offline gaming" have to do with one another. :p

Gears 1 has 2xAA as well.
Gears 3 does not have anything
Gears Judgment has FXAA (a couple of the survival maps don't, but the rest of the game does)

All the Halo games use Havok physics except for CE, which is Bungie's own endeavour.

DF has no article about GoW 1 &2 so I could not find a reliable source, thanks.
I yet have not added Judgement but will do now.

OH and I know the devs/publishers are wrong in many cases but I yet can't dd new devs/publishers...blame Arwin for that ;)

Last edited:
Back